Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2012/13

1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

I expect both to be gone within a year, Mazzarri is crazy taking the Inter job and will be given very little to work with while being expected to perform miracles. It's a mistake by both parties, Inter need someone who can come in and use the players already, there plus the ones already coming in the summer, and not need investment but Mazzarri plays formations that will need more players to be brought in and I doubt he will be given the backing. If he was given the full backing, with money to spend and control over transfers, he would probably do a good job, but this is Inter and that won't happen.

Rafa, I never liked him and said it when he got the Inter job that he wasn't good enough and my opinion hasn't changed. For those saying he wasn't to blame for his time at Inter, look at what Leonardo did in the 2nd half of that season and he had injuries just as much as Rafa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

As a Juve fan, I'm happy enough with both of those appointments.

Everyone remember the last time Inter appointed a manager who uses a back three?

As a Juve fan, I'm happy enough with both of those appointments.

Everyone remember the last time Inter appointed a manager who uses a back three?
    I really don't think Juve will need to worry about the rest of the league at all, if they get Higuain and with Llorente already joining they will easily have the best team in the league. They are only going to get further ahead of everyone else until other teams get their own stadia, and that won't happen any time soon because the councils won't let it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

dor83 wrote: »
    I really don't think Juve will need to worry about the rest of the league at all, if they get Higuain and with Llorente already joining they will easily have the best team in the league. They are only going to get further ahead of everyone else until other teams get their own stadia, and that won't happen any time soon because the councils won't let it.
    i think Milan can challenge
    they will have Balotelli,El Shaarawy,Niang & De Scillio all young players improving
    they will have De Jong back next season who is a very good leader & DM
    also Montolivio is one the best CM in Italy

Yeah, I think Milan should challenge Juve next year. Winning the scudetto three years in a row would be a massive achievement.

I'm not entirely convinced Higuain would be a good investment.

Milan need to improve their defence, but I think they will be 2nd just don't think they will be good enough to challenge Juve. Higuain is a very good striker and much better than what Juve have now, including Llorente.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

dor83 wrote: »
    Milan need to improve their defence, but I think they will be 2nd just don't think they will be good enough to challenge Juve. Higuain is a very good striker and much better than what Juve have now, including Llorente.
    i think Higuain isnt that great imo
    slow & poor general play but he is a good finisher

At the CL final.

BLJAIFNCIAAGTbp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Has Icardi's transfer to inter been fully announced yet?

Will be interesting to see how he gets on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

double GG wrote: »
    Has Icardi's transfer to inter been fully announced yet?

Will be interesting to see how he gets on.

He's still fairly raw and his head had been turned last few weeks cos he was mostly very poor. He'll need to play though, to knock the rough edges off him, if he does he'll become a really good player I'd say.

Talk of Pazzini involved in the Poli to Milan deal, that couldn't happen right? Be great to see him back at Samp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭Certified

Aurelio De Laurentiis is acting like a clown. Napoli have no chance of keeping Cavani at this stage. The guy is an embarrassment to the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

What is it about Italian clubs being run by absolute buffoons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Moneymaker wrote: »
    What is it about Italian clubs being run by absolute buffoons?

To be fair, De Laurentiis is far from a buffoon. He's a very astute business man and has taken Napoli from Serie C to Champions League football within 7 years. But he should shut his mouth this time, he's in danger of driving Cavani out of the club. I wouldn't be forcing Cavani into making a decision at all. Napoli have nothing to gain by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

De Laurentiis talking about City's plans on trying to avoid financial fair play was quite humorous. Napoli are right to stick to their guns if they wait long enough they'll get an offer when a team that wants him starts to panic and blinks first. What will Cavani do? Say he wants to leave and be put up for sale, like he is already.
    Certainly he had a better day than another italian club owner anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

GTR63 wrote: »
    Certainly he had a better day than another italian club owner anyway.

No more 'bunga bunga' for Silvio :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

998324_490784147656773_657717542_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Really looking forward to seeing Tevez at Juve next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Cienciano wrote: »
    Really looking forward to seeing Tevez at Juve next season.

Brilliant signing. Will be a force to be reckoned with in Europe

Giving him the number 10 seems like putting unnecessary pressure on him, but I suppose someone had to be the first to wear it post-ADP.

There's talk that Juve are still in negotiations for Jovetic too, but at this stage I'd be happy enough with a left back being Juve's only other major signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Tevez has worn Maradona's #10 before, I'm sure he'll be fine with pressure. Hope Conte and him get on well and stuff, looking forward to this a lot!

• Advertisement
Advertisement