Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2012/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Missed the first 10 minutes of the match, and didn't get to see Klose's attempt at the hand of god. Cheeky fcuk nearly got away with it too:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

El Shaawary took his two goals well last night and was motm by a distance.
    I honestly think that Milan have the best young player in Italy in him.
    Going to be a superstar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

grenache wrote: »
    Missed the first 10 minutes of the match, and didn't get to see Klose's attempt at the hand of god. Cheeky fcuk nearly got away with it too:

In fairness to Klose he admitted to the ref that he handled the ball. This caused the official to overturn his original decision and award a free out to Napoli. Very sporting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I watched Siena vs Bologna on ESPN last night. Real smash and grab win for the home side. Their keeper Pegolo had a great game.

Is that keeper any use? I was impressed by him in that match. Must look out for him in future.

Milan are all over Parma right now just can't get it right in the final third.

Pitch is more like a swimming pool on the wings, rain at the start of the match was mental.

The speed of SES just now!

That boy is on fire!

Booo...

Own fault, we should be 3 or 4 up by now anyway. Wallw as terrible.

Robinho :(

Haircut #3 of the season... no goals though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Just watching Juve - Roma now. Juve 3-0 up and game over after 18 minutes without playing particularly well. You get the feeling if Roma had the faintest clue what they were trying to do in defence, they would have given Juve problems in this game.

• Advertisement

Rumours in Italy that Galliani is about to leave Milan, was offered the job of president of lega calico and apparently himself and Silvio aren't seeing eye to eye about the direction of the club, he wants to keep Allegri and invest int he team, Berlusconi thinks he can just change the manager and everything will be better.

If he goes that will be the only thing that anchors Berlu's lunacy gone and the club will be ****ed while Berlusconi goes mad with his little play thing.

Bad times.

Ambrosini urges fans to buy tickets for Milan derby
    AC Milan captain Massimo Ambrosini has appealed to fans to go to the San Siro for this Sunday's derby against Inter Milan with poor ticket sales threatening to leave large parts of the stadium empty.
    So far only 55,000 tickets have been sold, which is far down on the usual number and includes just over 23,700 Milan season ticket holders, the lowest number since 1986.
    "Guys, a derby without you makes no sense. Buy tickets because we can all go together to the stadium to win this most important of games," Ambrosini said in a video released by the club on their website.
    Italy striker Stephan El Shaarawy added: "Now more than ever we need your help."
    Last season a crowd of 79,612 saw title-challenging Milan beaten 1-0 by a Diego Milito goal, while the previous year 80,000 cheered on the eventual champions as they hammered Inter 3-0.
    Yet just over 28,000 saw Milan win their first and only home game of the season so far, 2-0 against Cagliari on Sept. 26, the lowest attendance since Silvio Berlusconi took over the club in 1986.

Tickets for Sunday's game are now on sale to those who do not have the controversial "tessera del tifoso", a national supporter ID card scheme that was created with the aim of curbing violence but has angered fans' groups.

Translation of a letter from Juventus ultras to Andrea Agnelli explaining last night's quiet and largely empty stadium for the Shakhtar match.

All of the ultras banners were hung upside down at this match and the Roma one before it in protest at increased ticket prices.

"Here is your ****ty stadium, Agnelli: the occasional fans in suits and ties in the curva, who complain about flags and those "assholes" who are on their feet signing and clapping until the 90th. Those "assholes" who travel many kilometers every, who work a ****ty job or those who don't even have one. Those "assholes" who save up the whole week to just get a ****ing ticket and then try to enter with a different name, because of the tessera del tifoso. Those "assholes" who take the bus or van to the game to save a few euros to buy a beer and sandwich, those "assholes" who get warned and denounced by the club and even get a fine of 170-500 euros for trying to enter, hoping to go in double in the turnstiles, because 40 euros in the curva for a Champion's League match seems very high.

Because of your fault, the curva is becoming a theater where only a few can attend. And then you go on Facebook, and I read you saying that the Curva isn't doing a great job cheering on the team, and that at home on the couch, you can't hear the chants. Today, the "assholes" like you call them, were not allowed to enter in the stadium.

NO TO THE OCCASIONAL FAN.

Agnelli, put one thing in your head: WE ARE JUVENTUS!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

I'm off to the Milan derby on Sunday just heard about the poor ticket sales , hope it doesn't ruin the craic il be in the inter section , my first time in San Siro hopefully lives up to the hype.

El Shaawary being in such good form is exciting and scary at the same time.
    If he keeps this up everyone and their mother will be trying to sign him and it's only a matter of time before Milan accept a bid.

That said, he is a fanatical Milan fan so maybe he will want to stay a few years yet.

So Conte's ban has been reduced to four months and will now end on the 8th of December.

The Italian Olympic Committee will publish its reasons for this by mid-November.

In a statement, Conte's lawyers said: "We are aware that we have defended an innocent man and not been able to secure a verdict that clears him of involvement in the contested facts.

"We therefore feel no sense of satisfaction."

Club president Andrea Agnelli told the club's official website that the ban had been a "miscarriage of justice" and added: "I maintain my view, which is shared by everyone at Juventus, that Antonio Conte is an innocent man and in no way guilty of the charges levelled at him.

"The confirmation of his suspension was an injustice which should prompt the entire footballing system to ask itself questions."

"We at Juventus await the return of our coach to the dugout, where he can fully demonstrate his talent and continue the work he does on a daily basis, showing commitment and dedication to the team."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Siena 1-1 Juventus at half time, Calaio just equalised for Siena. Pirlo scored one free kick and hit the crossbar with another. Should be an interesting second half!

Juve's attitude has been awful IMO. Most of the players are strolling around the pitch. Vidal and Lichtsteiner have been anonymous. De Ceglie's defending for the goal was laughable. Chiellini is like a headless chicken.

Let's hope they got a serious kick up the arse at half time.

Both managers are in the stand now by the way after Cosmi was sent off.

Juve's attitude has been awful IMO. Most of the players are strolling around the pitch. Vidal and Lichtsteiner have been anonymous. De Ceglie's defending for the goal was laughable. Chiellini is like a headless chicken.

Let's hope they got a serious kick up the arse at half time.

Both managers are in the stand now by the way after Cosmi was sent off.

Certainly disappointed with Vidal, at the very least. Need more of Vucinic on the ball, too. Good decision to bring on Asamoah in place of De Ceglie.

Vidal looks like he was out last night. He's hardly able to run. I'd get Giaccherini on for him.

Giovinco is actually the only one who looks like making something happen.

• Advertisement

Marchisio! Completely undeserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Line-ups for the derby tonight are:

Milan: 32 Abbiati; 25 Bonera, 76 Yepes, 5 Mexes, 2 De Sciglio; 34 De Jong, 18 Montolivo; 28 Emanuelson, 10 Boateng, 92 El Shaarawy; 22 Bojan
    Bench: 1 Amelia, 59 Gabriel, 7 Robinho, 8 Nocerino, 11 Pazzini, 13 Acerbi, 16 Flamini, 17 Zapata, 20 Abate, 21 Costant, 23 Ambrosini, 77 Antonini

Inter: 1 Handanovic; 23 Ranocchia, 25 Samuel, 40 Juan Jesus; 4 Zanetti, 21 Gargano, 19 Cambiasso, 55 Nagatomo; 7 Coutinho; 99 Cassano, 22 Milito
    Bench: 12 Castellazzi, 27 Belec, 6 Silvestre, 8 Palacio, 14 Guarin, 16 Mudingayi, 20 Obi, 31 Pereira, 41 Duncan, 42 Jonathan, 44 Bianchetti, 88 Livaja

I'm expecting a good game with a few goals but not hugely optimistic from an Inter point of view. El Shaarawy is in good form and will probably have an easy time against Inters defence, but Cassano, Milito and Coutinho should do well themselves.

:(

I cannot understand this playing Baoteng as a forward thing at all. Pazzo and Robinho are both on the bench, surely KPB would be more effective than Emanuelson in midfield with a proper forward up front?

Both are coming back from injuries though, aren't they? I reckon Pazzo will be on in the 2nd half. Milan are playing the better football now anyway.

dor83 wrote: »
    Both are coming back from injuries though, aren't they? I reckon Pazzo will be on in the 2nd half. Milan are playing the better football now anyway.

Pazzo is fit as far as I know and Robinho has been back to full training for over 2 weeks and has come on as a sub twice.

• Advertisement

Jesus the linesman is shocking!

To be honest I haven't been keeping as up to date as I should with football news lately, apart from Inter I haven't seen much Serie A at all in the last month. I just thought they said before the game that they were both just back from injury. It has been a decent game so far, I reckon Milan would have scored by now if Pazzo was playing.

I don't think there was anything wrong with that, goal should have stood.

dor83 wrote: »
    I don't think there was anything wrong with that, goal should have stood.

meh, I agree but I can see why the ref gave a free out, looks like Emanuelson just ran into him.

The most annoying thing right now is that Emanuelson and Baoteng are both playing as forwards and it's leaving De Jong and Montolivo totally exposed in the middle, they need to drop back and defend and help provide a proper outlet.

• Advertisement

There wasn't much he could do really, Handa jumped into him. The ref has been quite poor anyway, the yellow he gave De Jong wasn't even a free.

Worst. Ref. Ever.

I dont even...

Inter held on for a 1-0 win despite the ref wrongly sending Naga off, they really should do something about that ref, if they keep letting them away with such bad decisions it will keep happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

The ref last night was shocking but that said this Milan side is in bits. If you look at the players, they have quality throughout but they aren't on the same wavelength as each other at all.

I agree with Marcotti last night, this is a broken Inter and certainly not one of the Mancini, Mourinho vintage and Milan couldn't break them down with a numerical advantage. Also I've been saying it for years, when on earth will Milan ever realise that Abiati is a below average goal keeper? They need to go out there and get a good keeper. The following keepers recently moved for fee's that Milan could easily afford and all are multiple levels above Abiati:

Rene Adler moved to Hamburger SV for free this summer
    Maartin Stekelenberg 6m to Roma end of '11 season
    Samir Handanovic 11m to Inter this summer
    Bernd Leno very promising 20 y/o recently moved to Leverkusen

Are they even interested in looking for a new keeper. His positioning for the free kick and the flappy effort he made to run backwards looking at the ball was the stuff of a Girone B keeper.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Juve v Napoli kicks off in a few mins, line-ups are:

Juventus: Storari; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Marchisio, Pirlo, Vidal, Asamoah; Quagliarella, Giovinco
    Bench: Rubinho, Branescu, Lucio, Caceres, Isla, Marrone, Pogba, Padoin, Giaccherini, Bendtner, Matri

Napoli: De Sanctis; Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Gamberini; Maggio, Inler, Behrami, Zuniga; Hamsik; Pandev, Cavani
    Bench: Rosati, Grava, Fernandez, Aronica, Uvini, Mesto, Dzemaili, Donadel, Dossena, Insigne, Vargas

I think the referee has been pretty bad. Hasn't looked in control of things at all, and the atmosphere is understandably tense.

Edit: 2-0 to Juve now, should be 3 points :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Lazio beating Milan 1-0, Hernanes with a cracking run and finish!

Serie B here we come, woohooo....

• Advertisement

Some finish :eek:

Jesus, the lads look ****ing disgraught, Marco looks like he's going to cry, Pato on the bench looked the same... somethign seriously needs to change! Berlu is going to have to actually sign some ****ing players in january or we are ****ed.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Jesus, the lads look ****ing disgraught, Marco looks like he's going to cry, Pato on the bench looked the same... somethign seriously needs to change! Berlu is going to have to actually sign some ****ing players in january or we are ****ed.

You can have Nani for El-Shaaraway!

IvySlayer wrote: »
    You can have Nani for El-Shaaraway!

feck off.

:'(

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

What a ball there. Klose doing what he's great at again

Ok... doing a pool lads.

How long will Pato last.

I reckon 15 minutes!

Milan have been really really bad tonight. All they've done is play long balls.

I never realised how much Mauri looks like Luca Toni before tonight...

• Advertisement

Jebus, could have scored from 3 headers there!

Advertisement