Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2012/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

I adore klose!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

If Milan score another, I will cry...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Seaneh wrote: »
    I never realised how much Mauri looks like Luca Toni before tonight...

Funnily enough, at first glance I thought this was Toni instead of Matri in this picture from today.

398358_553517484675485_1161128562_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

8 games in, AC Milan are 15 points off the lead :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Well that was grim but Mazzari again sticking with his policy of altering entirely how Napoli play when we encounter one of the traditional big teams. That first goal was a joke. Too rigid and nobody predicting a runner. The second goal was pure class though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Recorded the Juve -Napoli game on earlier and just finished watching it. Molto deluso, im so disappointed. Non capisco Mazzarri, or his "tattiche", it's so conservative in away games. After 75 minutes, Napoli still had the opportunity to win the game. It was there for the taking if they had the will to push on and commit men forward. Campagnaro was having a good time down the right. But they didnt want it. Mazzarri and the players were happy to defend. If he introduced Insigne or Vargas earlier, then i think Napoli can win this game. I think Juve deserved it. It was a very physical game, especially the first half where Napoli showed they were not going to be bullied. Almost British in style!  But Juve wanted the victory more.

I can't see any Scudetto coming Napoli's way as long as Mazzarri remains at the helm.

grenache wrote: »

I can't see any Scudetto coming Napoli's way as long as Mazzarri remains at the helm.

You see what infuriates me is that I actually can. Not only that, but I fear for a future without him. He has made remarkable progress with this team since he took over from Donadoni. However, he just needs to trust his players and let them play to their instincts.

They have been much more solid this season dropping Hamsik back into midfield, but they are still not a naturally 'defensive' team. So when Mazzarri sends them out with instructions to sit deep and defend for their lives in the hope of nicking a nil all draw, they just don't know how to do this. If they went for Juve and lost then fair enough. No shame in losing to this Juve team. But at least give it a go!

population wrote: »

You see what infuriates me is that I actually can. Not only that, but I fear for a future without him. He has made remarkable progress with this team since he took over from Donadoni. However, he just needs to trust his players and let them play to their instincts.

They have been much more solid this season dropping Hamsik back into midfield, but they are still not a naturally 'defensive' team. So when Mazzarri sends them out with instructions to sit deep and defend for their lives in the hope of nicking a nil all draw, they just don't know how to do this. If they went for Juve and lost then fair enough. No shame in losing to this Juve team. But at least give it a go!
    Well this is it, they're not suited to sitting back at all. They are a naturally attack minded team. The opportunity was there last night. This Juve team is definitely beatable. They might stand only a dozen games away from equaling Milan's Invicibiles record, but they're not a patch on Capello's side. Napoli just showed no ambition last night and invited Juve pressure on themselves. Mazzarri isn't going to change his ways, we of all people should know that Italians are stubborn and resistant to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

Silvio Berlusconi to be jailed for 4 years for tax evasion, wonder what this means for AC Milan.

While I appreciate everything he has done for the club I think it's time for him to go...step in a Dubai billionaire maybe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Surely he won't actually go to jail ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

Probably not, and i'd say the appeals process will drag on anyway. Still, I'm sure there's some rule that says you can't own a club and be in prison so questions will need to be asked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

You'd hope for Milans sake he hasn't done anything stupid with taxes there!

I'm sure there's some rule that says you can't own a club and be in prison

Doubt it.

He will pay the fine (which is peanuts to him), sentence will be suspended and all will carry on as if it never happened.

Wish he was jailed, might sell the club then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20100404

A bad week just got significantly worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Doubt it.

He will pay the fine (which is peanuts to him), sentence will be suspended and all will carry on as if it never happened.

Wish he was jailed, might sell the club then!

It's widely believed that an Arab consortium will buy 50% of shares over the next year. Silvio won't spend a cent while all of this is going on.

On the plus side Milan may well develop some young players while all of this is happening. I think losing that older spine will prove costly in the short term but in the long term I think it was certainly in the best interests of the club, only if Ibra and Thiago Silva were kept it would of been a much simpler transition.

It's widely believed that an Arab consortium will buy 50% of shares over the next year. Silvio won't spend a cent while all of this is going on.

On the plus side Milan may well develop some young players while all of this is happening. I think losing that older spine will prove costly in the short term but in the long term I think it was certainly in the best interests of the club, only if Ibra and Thiago Silva were kept it would of been a much simpler transition.

I read about the ceo of emirates using family money to buy shares in the club and buying into the club months ago and posted about it here, he's actually known as "Milan's biggest fan" for years but it doesn't seem to be happening and Galliani and Berlusconi have said loads of times since may nobody is currently in a process of buying shares.

I really wish someone would but into the club, but it's not looking likely.

carlop wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20100404

A bad week just got significantly worse.

I read some accusations online that Napoli's Europa League game this week was fixed too (as well as the PSV v AIK match).

there are only 34000 people in the san siro. place looks like a graveyard. :-O

Well, Milan certainly worked for their win, Pato played ok, SES was exceptional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

It's no wonder Juve are unbeaten so long with decisions like that. Different season, same story!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Catania have a goal incorrectly disallowed for offside. It was given at first, though. Catania are furious and rightly so, it was an absolutely disgraceful decision. Still Catania 0 - 0 Juve, half an hour gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

And now a slightly offside goal for Juve is allowed stand, same old Juve.

That was a ridiculous match. I can't see what the Catania goal could've been disallowed for. It was obvious from the reactions of the players and staff of both teams that they didn't have any inkling it was going to be disallowed.

Bendtner looked really unfit, but it was his first full match since the Euros. Pogba is going to be a phenomenon.

That was a ridiculous match. I can't see what the Catania goal could've been disallowed for. It was obvious from the reactions of the players and staff of both teams that they didn't have any inkling it was going to be disallowed.

Bendtner looked really unfit, but it was his first full match since the Euros. Pogba is going to be a phenomenon.

What made it weirder was that the linesman pointed for a goal first and seemed to changed his mind after the protests from bench. Shocking officiating.

Classic Zemen performance from Roma here, Lamela's first was pretty special, he won't last long in Serie A unfortunately.

Important win for Napoli tonight after last weeks let down. A lot more convincing than the 1-0 suggests. Really need Juve to drop a few points, but they just dont want to!

Napoli defintely in the running for miss(es) of the season!

Inter are up to second after Napoli lost last night. Juve v Inter at the weekend just got even more interesting.

Not the most convincing win for Juve at home to Bologna. I have a bad feeling for Juve heading into the Inter match. Pogba was very good again though.

A big win at the bottom of the table for Chievo against Pescara. Siena seem fairly hopeless this season.

Samp are falling rapidly. They've lost 5 in a row now and after a good start to the season haven't won since the middle of September.

Awful result for Napoli but Atalanta have been a bit of a bogey team lately. Credit to Juve, their ability to ignore everything that goes on around them and bind together to get a result is the stuff of champions.

Inter are up to second after Napoli lost last night. Juve v Inter at the weekend just got even more interesting.

Not the most convincing win for Juve at home to Bologna. I have a bad feeling for Juve heading into the Inter match.

It should be a good game alright, Juve have a perfect home record and Inter have a perfect away record so one of them has to go. I can't see Inter winning myself, the team still isn't quite complete yet and the defence is still making silly errors at times. Either way I don't think it will make a difference because Juve will still win the Scudetto anyway, it would be nice to end their unbeaten run though.

• Advertisement

Dear Inter,
    I want you to win.
    This won't happen often.

I just ****ing hate Juventus.

Pirlo hasn't lost a league game for over two years now. The last time he lost was against Juve.

I can see Inter beating Juve. Juve's results recently don't reflect how poorly they've been playing at times. Having said that, hopefully Chiellini, Marchisio, Asamoah, Lichtsteiner, Vidal and Vucinic will all come back into the team for Saturday. They're some huge players to have back.

I hope Giovinco doesn't start but I think he will because he was rested last night. If Vucinic is fit enough to start, I'd go for him and Quagliarella. If not, Quagliarella and Bendtner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

How are Juventus faring in Serie A?

How are Juventus faring in Serie A?

Started the season very well, bit off the boil recently but still picking up results which is pretty ominous for challengers. Face Inter at the weekend looking to bring up 50 games unbeaten.

Managed to get a ticket for Lazio - Roma in less than 2 weeks :D

They should have been beaten 3 or 4 times this season already, playing horrible stuff, super negative and still picking up results, it's sickening.

• Advertisement

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Managed to get a ticket for Lazio - Roma in less than 2 weeks :D

Odds are you could have got a ticket on the day.
    The Olympico rarely sells out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Still a real pain to get into the ground even when its empty. Tough to pick up a legitimate ticket outside the ground (very easy to pick up a forgery). I find this with many Italian grounds, tourists should be welcomed close to kick off (as there are usually thousands of free seats at almost every game bar an obvious few in the league each year) but many clubs make it difficut to get in. I think for some clubs you have to be an official member, but even when the ground is half empty there are some grounds that are awkward to get in to, Stadio Olympico being one of them if its your first time there.

They should have been beaten 3 or 4 times this season already, playing horrible stuff, super negative and still picking up results, it's sickening.

Hardly negative, leagues top scorers along with Roma who play insanely gung ho so that's good going. Just because on the whole they defend pretty well doesn't make them negative. Haven't played vintage stuff all that often but they don't really need to as they're easily superior than anyone and can win most games in 2nd gear.

Yeah, if i was willing to pay 110 euro at best.

The Curva Nord and Distinti (next to the Curva) are sold out now, and the only ones left are tickets on either Monte Mario (as stated, 110 euro and up) or Tevere, which is only for season ticket holders and children.

110 is steep. I paid 50 for a decent seat at the Milan derby just gone, really pretty easy to pick up at normal prices now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Rekop dog wrote: »
    110 is steep. I paid 50 for a decent seat at the Milan derby just gone, really pretty easy to pick up at normal prices now.

Great value. Where'd you get it Rekop? Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I wouldn't call them negative. And playing poor and picking up results is the sign of a good team that know how to win.

Great value. Where'd you get it Rekop? Cheers.

Through a tout, and it was €10 dearer than the actual cost of the ticket but gave extra for the convenience! Never had a bad tout experience, perhaps lucky but think I'm a good judge of character and easy enough to spot genuine ones. Some English website were pricing the same tickets at 3x the actual cost, ridiculous rip off.

Rekop dog wrote: »

Yeah, but that game doesn't sell out :p

But these are the VIP boxes etc and the business people.

Normally Tevere would be fine for tickets, but since it used to become a battlefield they changed it so now only season ticket holders and families can sit there, otherwise you'd be able to get a ticket there easily.

Yeah, if i was willing to pay 110 euro at best.

The Curva Nord and Distinti (next to the Curva) are sold out now, and the only ones left are tickets on either Monte Mario (as stated, 110 euro and up) or Tevere, which is only for season ticket holders and children.

If you buy from an official reseller, of which there are hundreds in the city, you can get tickets for anywhere from €15 to €45 on the day of the match, I've done it almost every time I've gone to a game in Italy, including a Rome derby and a Milan vs Juve match, I'd never buy outside the gorund for any game, never mind an Italian game, the chances of being fleeced are stupidly high.

I really wouldn't call it negative. They haven't been playing well recently though and have been lucky with some of the recent wins.

If you buy from an official reseller, of which there are hundreds in the city, you can get tickets for anywhere from €15 to €45 on the day of the match, I've done it almost every time I've gone to a game in Italy, including a Rome derby and a Milan vs Juve match, I'd never buy outside the gorund for any game, never mind an Italian game, the chances of being fleeced are stupidly high.

Normally yes, but ever since the Tessera was introduced this has become increasingly difficult.

You can still buy them at newspaper stores, banks even,... but they:

1. Sell out very fast these days
    2. Are restricted to either people from the region, or people with a tessera.

The only way I could get a ticket a few weeks before the game was through a message board for Lazio fans.

Normally yes, but ever since the Tessera was introduced this has become increasingly difficult.

You can still buy them at newspaper stores, banks even,... but they:

1. Sell out very fast these days
    2. Are restricted to either people from the region, or people with a tessera.

The only way I could get a ticket a few weeks before the game was through a message board for Lazio fans.

Well I have always been with a local, so maybe that's the difference.
    Use couch surfing or a similar site to make contacts in the city, they can get you access to any tickets you can ever want.

I have a few people in Milan who usually sort me out for tickets and I met them all from couch surfing.

That's my Milan.

If we can play like that every game, we can get 3rd.

Forza Milan!

SES is unstoppable.

Juve v Inter about to kick off, lien-ups are:

Juventus: 1 Buffon; 15 Barzagli, 19 Bonucci, 3 Chiellini; 26 Lichtsteiner, 23 Vidal, 21 Pirlo, 8 Marchisio, 22 Asamoah; 12 Giovinco, 9 Vucinic
    Bench: 30 Storari, 2 Lucio, 4 Caceres, 6 Pogba, 11 De Ceglie, 17 Bendtner, 20 Padoin, 24 Giaccherini, 27 Quagliarella, 32 Matri, 33 Isla, 39 Marrone

Inter: 1 Handanovic; 23 Ranocchia, 25 Samuel, 40 Juan Jesus; 4 Zanetti, 21 Gargano, 19 Cambiasso, 55 Nagatomo; 8 Palacio, 99 Cassano; 22 Milito
    Bench: 12 Castellazzi, 27 Belec, 6 Silvestre, 11 Alvarez, 14 Guarin, 16 Mudingayi, 31 Pereira, 33 Mbaye, 41 Duncan, 88 Livaja

• Advertisement
Advertisement