Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2012/13

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Well apart from getting completely soaked yesterday, I had to watch Mazzari throw the footballing equivalent of a hand grenade onto the pitch before being sent off himself. Why Aronica is allowed anywhere near a Serie A squad is still beyond me. Napoli did not deserve anything yesterday but sometimes a team just needs a lucky result to arrest a decline. We were on for just such a lucky result until Walter lost his marbles again. I can never understand when a team is being battered, the logic of taking off a midfielder and putting on a defender. It only serves to invite more pressure deeper in your own half. Uffa!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Off to Rome on saturday, can't wait :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Cavani scored 4 in the Europa League tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Off to Rome on saturday, can't wait :D

Should be good fun at that game. Great city to visit too if you've never been there.

Been there before, but there's always something else to see there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

MD1990 wrote: »
    Cavani scored 4 in the Europa League tonight
    I've said it before and i'll say it again: Cavani is the best out and out striker in Europe (neither Messi or Ronaldo are out and out strikers) Cavani also displays something that gold-digger Lavezzi didn't - loyalty.

If Napoli were half bothered, they could win this trophy. But Mazzarri just sees it as a distraction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

grenache wrote: »
    I've said it before and i'll say it again: Cavani is the best out and out striker in Europe (neither Messi or Ronaldo are out and out strikers) Cavani also displays something that gold-digger Lavezzi didn't - loyalty.

If Napoli were half bothered, they could win this trophy. But Mazzarri just sees it as a distraction.

I Love Cav but Falcao and Van P are slightly better imo.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    I Love Cav but Falcao and Van P are slightly better imo.

3ok910.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

How has this derby not been postponed? looks unplayable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

KO of the night award for De Rossi right there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

3ok910.jpg
    I agree with your scepticism. Van Persie and Falcao are both a good bit better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Fiorentina managed just fine without Jo-Jo today. Very impressive, brought in a ton of decent players during the summer. Back to square one for AC. What can be done to stop the rot?

Only 2 red cards in the Rome derby. Pretty tame by usual standards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The only think that can save Milan's season at this stage is a LOT of signings.

The fact that Allegri is forced to play Kevin Constant, an attacking midfielder, at left back because he has no one else to play there is a disgrace. We only have 2 left backs in the squad, one is injured until after christmas and the other, Antonini, isn't good enough to start for Milan anyway!

We have no cover at centre back and what we do have isn't good enough, Mexes is the only player good enough to actually play an a Milan defence, Bonera is a decent backup player but that's it, Yepes and shouldn't been in the squad and is a joke and Acerbi needs time to develop.

Yeah I think Allegri has been hung out to dry, not really his fault that the entire spine of the side is gone and he wasn't allowed bring in adequate replacements.

You can only expect so much of SES, he has carried Milan manfully but it is too much to ask a young lad to do.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Yeah I think Allegri has been hung out to dry, not really his fault that the entire spine of the side is gone and he wasn't allowed bring in adequate replacements.

You can only expect so much of SES, he has carried Milan manfully but it is too much to ask a young lad to do.

Allegri has been treated like a mug by Berlusconi and Galliani, they have gutted the team, we lost all our experience and what is left is the husk of a good team.

When you look at Milan players at other clubs around the league, it gets even more annoying.

If we'd kept players like Astori, Antonelli, etc who would be perfect for the first team but instead were let go for free/peanuts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Cavani is great but is he even the best striker in Uruguay?
    Suarez always plays better than him for Uruguay

MD1990 wrote: »
    Cavani is great but is he even the best striker in Uruguay?
    Suarez always plays better than him for Uruguay

Cavani plays left wing for Uruguay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

De Rossi has been dropped from the Italian squad for this...

Corholio wrote: »
    De Rossi has been dropped from the Italian squad for this...

Anyone who gets a sent off for Voilent Conduct or Dissent gets dropped from the squad for the next game, Prandelli has had that rule since he took over and even used it while at Fiorentina.

I think it's a great rule to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Seaneh wrote: »
    Anyone who gets a sent off for Voilent Conduct or Dissent gets dropped from the squad for the next game, Prandelli has had that rule since he took over and even used it while at Fiorentina.

I agree, and players have known it for a while too. Stupid from De Rossi.

It's petulant from De Rossi. It's not a punch, more of a slap but he deserved red. Mauri deserved to go also for simulation. This diving and play-acting is one part of the Italian game I cannot stand.

This diving and play-acting is one part of the Italian game I cannot stand.

Watched english football lately? or an el classico?

It's endemic in all levels of professional football at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

The only think that can save Milan's season at this stage is a LOT of signings.

The fact that Allegri is forced to play Kevin Constant, an attacking midfielder, at left back because he has no one else to play there is a disgrace. We only have 2 left backs in the squad, one is injured until after christmas and the other, Antonini, isn't good enough to start for Milan anyway!

We have no cover at centre back and what we do have isn't good enough, Mexes is the only player good enough to actually play an a Milan defence, Bonera is a decent backup player but that's it, Yepes and shouldn't been in the squad and is a joke and Acerbi needs time to develop.
    How has Constant been doing at left back?
    Agreed. This isn't the first time De Rossi has fallen foul of it either, if I recall correctly.

Just back from Rome, what an experience :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

The rain! :eek:

• Advertisement

mitosis wrote: »

The rain! :eek:

We were lucky it was during the game, stayed dry.

But very surreal, watching a game with lightning going off close by :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Anyone got a clip of Quagliarella's bicycle kick?

How has Constant been doing at left back?

Ok, he can tackle alright and he can get up and down and put in a cross, but he gets caught out positionally a lot and wanders into the middle of the pitch a fair bit, it's not his position, I don't see how he playes there instead of Emanuelsen, who has actually played there a good bit in his career!

• Advertisement

Watched english football lately? or an el classico?

It's endemic in all levels of professional football at this stage.
    Much worse in Italy. Not that England or Spain are saints either.

Much worse in Italy. Not that England or Spain are saints either.

It's really not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Were you in with Lazio or Roma fans? Never been to Rome but would love to go to a Roma game with Zemen in charge.

Lazio end.

Who the hell would want to sit with the scum anyway :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Lazio end.

Who the hell would want to sit with the scum anyway :p

Striscioni-antisemiti-Curva-Nord.jpg

Some people obviously have differing interpretations of the word scum.

carlop wrote: »
    Striscioni-antisemiti-Curva-Nord.jpg

Some people obviously have differing interpretations of the word scum.

Oh, that old one again.

I could post some nice banners from Roma fans too.

Oh, that old one again.

I could post some nice banners from Roma fans too.

Do Lazio fans dislike Zemen since he left them for Roma?
    I must try to get to Rome before Zemen leaves Roma. Both AL & Ryaniar airports look decent enough on the map for getting into Rome

I flew to Ciampino last weekend, half hour busride and you're in the city center, pretty easy.

It was a long time ago, I don't think they hate him but the fact he now manages Roma isn't exactly helping :p

Best not to wear my 94' Lazio away jersey with "Zeman" on the back, in with the Lazio fans so!

Do Lazio fans dislike Zemen since he left them for Roma?
    I must try to get to Rome before Zemen leaves Roma. Both AL & Ryaniar airports look decent enough on the map for getting into Rome
    Aer Lingus will fly you to Fiumicino for half nothing in the winter time. Just dont expect to get out of there quickly. I've never seen so much traffic coming out of an airport. Took us an hour to go from the terminal car park to the autostrada last July. Rome in general is the worst city in Europe for traffic.

• Advertisement

Best not to wear my 94' Lazio away jersey with "Zeman" on the back, in with the Lazio fans so!

You could write 'Cazzo' under it or something ;)

Thank god for Stephan El Shaarawy.

What a waste by Napoli. Should have shut up shop at 2-0, and hit Milan on the break. But you gotta credit Milan, I thought De Jong and Nocerino pushed up well on Inler and Dzemaili in the second half, Napoli had far less time on the ball. Bojan was disappointing for Milan though, always seemed to pick the wrong option or have no finish. Seems to be lacking confidence. El Sharaawy is class and at 20 will only get better.

313536_231909693541035_231900906875247_629029_1760325079_n.jpg

AC are going to have a hard time keeping SES. Already a class act at 20, he works so hard too. He is carrying Milan on his back right now and only getting better. What a talent.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    AC are going to have a hard time keeping SES.

shut-your-mouth.jpg

SES is a Milan Fanatic.

The only way he will leave if a stupid offer comes in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Anyone see the Inter v Cagliari game?

Great match. End to end stuff. Milito may have won miss of the season though.

shut-your-mouth.jpg

SES is a Milan Fanatic.

The only way he will leave if a stupid offer comes in for him.

Hey I don't want him to leave but given ACs perilous finances they might have to cash in if a big bid comes in, which it surely will.

Fiorentina win 4-1 today. Who needs Jo-Jo eh. Up to third only one point behind Inter O_o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Del Piero, Ferrara and Cannavaro in Saturday Night Fever mode.

W3Evn.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Looking forward to seeing Mexes' goal whenever anyone gets a clip of it.

Advertisement