Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2012/13

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

Looking forward to seeing Mexes' goal whenever anyone gets a clip of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Two ponytailed players scoring overhead kicks within a week, Andy Carroll must be up next.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I think Ibra's was better but it was a great goal.

[edit]
    Now I'm not so sure, they are both amazing!
    [/edit]

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Not a bad effort at all at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Drogba to Juve if Juve qualify from the CL group stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Booooooooooommmmmmm

Isla and Vidal have been shocking so far thankfully.

That was never a peno... I'll take it though!

Chilean lads were definitely out on the piss last night, they have previous form of doing so. They've been astonishingly bad here, hard to carry two players.

Milan fully deserved that!
    Juve were very, very, very poor.

SES man of the match by a country mile yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I definitely wouldn't call that win fully deserved. Dodgy peno and Milan parked the bus in the second half.

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    I definitely wouldn't call that win fully deserved. Dodgy peno and Milan parked the bus in the second half.

Fully deserved.

I couldn't watch the match but I'd like to know why Isla and feckin Padoin were preferred to Lichtsteiner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Seaneh wrote: »
    Milan fully deserved that!
    Juve were very, very, very poor.

SES man of the match by a country mile yet again.

Were you watching the same match? I have to agree with Cienciano, fair play to Milan for getting the win but I wouldn't ever call it deserved. First half was tight, neither goalkeeper doing much. 2nd half was played in Milan's half almost exclusively.

Also, SES man of the match? What did he do to warrant that? Did you see him in the 2nd half? No, you didn't. He was hiding in Barzagli's back pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

That was never a peno... I'll take it though!

When I saw this I thought it was real tinfoil hat stuff:

http://www.football-italia.net/27691/moggi-ref-chosen-damage-juve
    Luciano Moggi has stirred up controversy by suggesting referee Nicola Rizzoli was assigned to tonight’s game with Milan in order to ‘damage’ Juventus.

Were you watching the same match? I have to agree with Cienciano, fair play to Milan for getting the win but I wouldn't ever call it deserved. First half was tight, neither goalkeeper doing much. 2nd half was played in Milan's half almost exclusively.

Also, SES man of the match? What did he do to warrant that? Did you see him in the 2nd half? No, you didn't. He was hiding in Barzagli's back pocket.

What game were you watching?

Milan had more shots in total and twice as many shots on goal.

SES, in almost every report I've seen online and in print today was named MOTM, the only exception being that 1 or 2 sources gave it to Montolivo.

SES was far from in Baragli's pocket, the only way Barzagli could cope with him was to chop him down every time they were one on one. On top of that he never stopped running and between himself and Constant Juve got nothing down the right hand side of the pitch. Both Isla and Padoin were worse than useless.

As for players being in peoples pockets, Mattia De Sciglio didn't let Asamoah have a look in all game, Asamoah has been one of juve's best players this year but he looked practically pedestrian last night, De Sciglio was always a step ahead of him.

Ditto Vucinic and Mexes, Your attack was the most toothless I've ever seen it and won nothing in the air, in fact, the first time I saw one of your players win a header against a Milan defender was when Pogba came on.

****, even Yepes looked good last night and he's 37 a cack.

Juve had a lot of the ball in midfield for the last 30 minutes of the game but they never looked like scoring. Milan, almost every time they broke, looked dangerous, mostly thanks to Robinho (who played his best game for Milan in a long time) and SES makign your back 3 brick themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

SES, in almost every report I've seen online and in print today was named MOTM, the only exception being that 1 or 2 sources gave it to Montolivo.

SES was far from in Baragli's pocket, the only way Barzagli could cope with him was to chop him down every time they were one on one. On top of that he never stopped running and between himself and Constant Juve got nothing down the right hand side of the pitch. Both Isla and Padoin were worse than useless.

As for players being in peoples pockets, Mattia De Sciglio didn't let Asamoah have a look in all game, Asamoah has been one of juve's best players this year but he looked practically pedestrian last night, De Sciglio was always a step ahead of him.

Ditto Vucinic and Mexes, Your attack was the most toothless I've ever seen it and won nothing in the air, in fact, the first time I saw one of your players win a header against a Milan defender was when Pogba came on.

****, even Yepes looked good last night and he's 37 a cack.

Juve had a lot of the ball in midfield for the last 30 minutes of the game but they never looked like scoring. Milan, almost every time they broke, looked dangerous, mostly thanks to Robinho (who played his best game for Milan in a long time) and SES makign your back 3 brick themselves.
    Milan were a goal up, so of course they were going to play deep and try and hit Juve on the break. While Juve had all the possession after the goal,
    they created **** all.

When you look at the Juve performances against Milan, Lazio and Inter, you have to wonder how they went unbeaten for so long at the start of the season.

Milan were a goal up, so of course they were going to play deep and try and hit Juve on the break. While Juve had all the possession after the goal,
    they created **** all.

When you look at the Juve performances against Milan, Lazio and Inter, you have to wonder how they went unbeaten for so long at the start of the season.

To add some sense of balance to this they were very good against Lazio and an excellent goalkeeping display in that game got Lazio a point. They did have chances vs us last night dispite a good Milan defensive display, still very obviously lacking a world class striker.

They were lucky at times to remain unbeaten for so long but are still easily the best side in the league currently and I remain confident that they'll stroll to the title.

Rekop dog wrote: »

still easily the best side in the league currently and I remain confident that they'll stroll to the title.

Oh, I agree totally with that, but they were extremely poor last night.

Oh, I agree totally with that, but they were extremely poor last night.

Yeah we played close to our current peak and Juve were way below par.

Happy with both full backs last night, Constant very assured for a man playing out of position and de sciglio particularly in the first half was constantly cutting off Juve's cross field diagonals passes, would be a massive bonus if he keeps fulfiling potential

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Same amount of shots according to Soccernet. Even still, if it was 14 shots to 13, having more shots isn't really a big deal. And I think we all know why shots on target is a useless stat. Milan Were the better team in the first half, Juve in the second. A draw would have been a fair result.
    In all the match reports did you read any that said the peno that seperated the 2 teams was a good decision by the ref?

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    Same amount of shots according to Soccernet. Even still, if it was 14 shots to 13, having more shots isn't really a big deal. And I think we all know why shots on target is a useless stat. Milan Were the better team in the first half, Juve in the second. A draw would have been a fair result.
    In all the match reports did you read any that said the peno that seperated the 2 teams was a good decision by the ref?

in fairness, from the Assistant's and the ref's angle, it looked like a hand ball and Isla should have known better than to have been jumping in the six yard box with his arms flying all over the place, he's a 24 year old professional not some young lad who doesn't know any better.

Let's just say that some sort of Footballing version of Karma played itself out and Milan finally got a break against Juve for once. I said It wasn't a peno when it happened, but I also said I'd take it :)

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Yeah we played close to our current peak and Juve were way below par.

Happy with both full backs last night, Constant very assured for a man playing out of position and de sciglio particularly in the first half was constantly cutting off Juve's cross field diagonals passes, would be a massive bonus if he keeps fulfiling potential

I think when Abate gets fit De Sciglio will be moved to left full, he has said he is just as happy to play either side, so that's good. If he can play as well on the other side, we'd be sorted for fullbacks, sign one decent centre back to play with mexes and we'd have a solid defence in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Napoli currently 1-0 up at Cagliari with 12 minutes to go. Hamsik with an opportunistic strike.

If they can hang on it will take them to within 2 points of Juve. No Cavani tonight. Insigne has been industrious in his absence.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Biabany has been excellent for Parma tonight against Inter. Not watched much of Parma this season but he's not impressed me much the odd time I've seen him up until now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Another poor performance from Inter, that's 8 points dropped in the last 3 games, simply not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Don't know what game some people were watching last night.

SES ran rings around the Juve defence, they were terrified of him. Barzagli fouled him over and over and he worked his balls off. Some talent.

How is Hernanes still at Lazio?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Because he's inconsistent.

Brilliant player when he wants to though.

On another note, Hellas Verona (last year in Serie C) knock out Palermo in the cup, and will now travel to Milan to face Inter.

Another well deserved win for Milan tonight.

Conceded a sloppy goal from a corner, allowed Legro a free header and he took advantage but from there on it was all Milan.

Robinho put in another good effort but wasted an absolute sitter by spooning it over the bar. SES took both his goals very well, easily the most in form player in Europe so far this season. Absolutely amazing, and only barely 20 years old. He's going to be something else.

Boateng looks like he is finally match fit again, put in a great effort and scored a belter.

Forza Milan!

p.s.
    The two most promising young players in Europe so far this season?

I think so.

1624023-sciglio.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

The "Derby della Mole" between Juventus and Torino returns tonight for the first time in four years.

HT 0-0.

Torino's Glik sent off for horrendous tackle on Giovinco and Pirlo missed a penalty.

Would be amazing if Juve didn't go on and win comfortably in second half.

Once Glik was sent off it was only a matter of how many Juve would win by really. Torino couldn't really manage an attack at all.

Juve played with 4 at the back for the first time in ages. It'll be interesting to see if that's used more from now on.

Pirlo needs to stop taking penalties. I'd say he's missed more than he's scored since joining Juve. Vidal is the first choice taker now, but without him on the pitch I was hoping Vucinic would take it.

Lazio doing Milan a favour and keeping Parma 2 points behind them.

Milan 1-0 up against Pescara after 34 seconds.
    Forza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

Do Milan not have a better Centre back than Yepes?

kksaints wrote: »
    Do Milan not have a better Centre back than Yepes?

Injuries, Mexes is on the bench I think, but he's had flu for the last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

Injuries

Do Milan have any transfer plans in January? I have seen them linked with the Torino defender Ogbonna but can they afford him?

kksaints wrote: »
    Do Milan have any transfer plans in January? I have seen them linked with the Torino defender Ogbonna but can they afford him?

They have said players have to go before more can come in.

I'd say Traoré, Mesbah, Vilà, Strasser and Valoti will all be either sold or loaned out in January before anyone joins.

As for Ogbonna, I don't know, I reckon he'd sold to anyone except Juve for €10million, Torino won't sell him to Juve though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Has Vila been playing well/playing at all?

G.K. wrote: »
    Has Vila been playing well/playing at all?

He's been injured sicne august, hasn't played a minute of football this season.

3-1 Milan now and Pescara have scored TWO owngoals...

• Advertisement

4-1 now, SES's 14th Serie A goal of the season, that boy is bloody amazing.
    Pazzini did well for the assist.

Considering the state the club were in after the summer, Allergi has done well to settle the ship of late. I'm quite positive about top 3, can't see Fiorentina challenging for CL(people always tip them to do so but they rarely play to potential over a full season) Inter and Napoli seem to be consistently inconsistent so the gap at the moment isn't huge considering how they can both hemorrhage points.

Destination of title isn't even contentious, said it all along (despite many doubters) that Juve will piss it.

He has, he looked a dead man walking there for quite some time.

Credit to him, he's getting the best out of what he has and has an outstanding young talent shining brightly.

They urgently need more players in January though.

i tipped El Shaawary to be the big breakout player this season but I didn't think he'd be as good as he has. Totally blown away by him so far this season. I expected him to score mayme 10 - 15 goals in all comps and contribute to the team more, get a few assits etc, i didnt expect him to be Milan's best player, nevermind the best player in Serie A this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

i tipped El Shaawary to be the big breakout player this season but I didn't think he'd be as good as he has. Totally blown away by him so far this season. I expected him to score mayme 10 - 15 goals in all comps and contribute to the team more, get a few assits etc, i didnt expect him to be Milan's best player, nevermind the best player in Serie A this season.

He is awesome. Expect him to be sold Jan or June to fund rebuilding :(

And as for Mattia, total revelation. Abate is probably the best Italian Right Full and its between himself and The swiss moaner at Juve for best in Serie A but you'd never even know he was missing this year becsuse young Mattia has stepped up and filled the void perfectly. I actually think Abate will find it hard to get back into the Milan team!

mitosis wrote: »

He is awesome. Expect him to be sold Jan or June to fund rebuilding :(

I highly doubt it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

That's a terrible call, should be 2-0 to Bologna.

And as for Mattia, total revelation. Abate is probably the best Italian Right Full and its between himself and The swiss moaner at Juve for best in Serie A but you'd never even know he was missing this year becsuse young Mattia has stepped up and filled the void perfectly. I actually think Abate will find it hard to get back into the Milan team!

All Abate really has going for him is pace. He's an average defender at best.

Don't rate Abate at all. Think Maggio is a better player.

De Sciglio has done a great job though, and is the team on merit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement