Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2012/13

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

All Abate really has going for him is pace. He's an average defender at best.

i honestly think he is betrer defensively than the a
    swiss moaner. and maggio is a joke of a full back. the fact the blazeratti has been picked at right back for italy ahead of him speaks volumes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Milan still need to find money to rebuild and until then I can't see them doing damage in the near future. And a young lad like El Shaawary will realise that and notice all the hype that surrounds him and will soon be on his way- whether it be from consent from Milan or not. He will seek glory and silverware and knows himself Milan probably won't offer him that in his younger years- if at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

Milan still need to find money to rebuild and until then I can't see them doing damage in the near future. And a young lad like El Shaawary will realise that and notice all the hype that surrounds him and will soon be on his way- whether it be from consent from Milan or not. He will seek glory and silverware and knows himself Milan probably won't offer him that in his younger years- if at all.

He's 20 and playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world, who he is a fanatical fan of.

Unless Milan finish in the bottom half of the table this season and look like doing the same next season, he won't be looking to move any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Seaneh wrote: »
    i honestly think he is betrer defensively than the a
    swiss moaner. .

Abate better? If you want to be taken seriously you really need to stop saying this sort of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

So Juve have terminated Lucio's contract. "Mutual consent", apparently. Obviously pretty odd as he signed in the summer, but he's probably desperate to play regularly at this stage in his career. He didn't really have any chance at all to settle into the Juve side, so who knows if he could have been of any real use or not. Nevertheless, I don't think we'll miss him.

Juve to sign a young defender in January, perhaps?

mitosis wrote: »
    Abate better? If you want to be taken seriously you really need to stop saying this sort of thing.

better defensively than Lichtsteiner, yes. Has been for most the last 3 seasons. I think Lichtsteiner's probably a better all around footballer but there's not much between them. I wouldn't swap them either, Lichtsteiner's one of the most annoying players I've ever seen, constantly whinging at his team mates and arguing with officials. I'm surprised Bonucci hasn't clocked him at some stage.

Hachim Mastour turns 16 in the new year and will be able to play in Serie A, Milan made a request to allow him to be added to the first team to Lega Calico but were refused, they won't change the rule that says you have to be 16 to register.

Himself and Niang have been tearing the arse out of the Primavera League since september and he looks like he will be a star.

better defensively than Lichtsteiner, yes. Has been for most the last 3 seasons. I think Lichtsteiner's probably a better all around footballer but there's not much between them. I wouldn't swap them either, Lichtsteiner's one of the most annoying players I've ever seen, constantly whinging at his team mates and arguing with officials. I'm surprised Bonucci hasn't clocked him at some stage.

I would agree fully with this. Always been a pill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

He's 20 and playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world, who he is a fanatical fan of.

Unless Milan finish in the bottom half of the table this season and look like doing the same next season, he won't be looking to move any time soon.

yeah they have the biggest history but realistically why would he stay when there are clubs that are most likely looking to buy him that can offer him more glory?

Fan or not, he's not going to stick around and see his career fall to pieces because of a team that can't hack it in the big top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Hachim Mastour turns 16 in the new year and will be able to play in Serie A, Milan made a request to allow him to be added to the first team to Lega Calico but were refused, they won't change the rule that says you have to be 16 to register.

Himself and Niang have been tearing the arse out of the Primavera League since september and he looks like he will be a star.

Didn't Bojinov play for Lecce in Serie A when he was 15? I didn't realise there was a minimum age.

Edit: The youngest non-Italian to play in Serie A when he made his debut as a 15-year-old in January 2002. http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/news/newsid=264121.html

The rules have obviously changed since.

Didn't Bojinov play for Lecce in Serie A when he was 15? I didn't realise there was a minimum age.

Edit: The youngest non-Italian to play in Serie A when he made his debut as a 15-year-old in January 2002. http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/news/newsid=264121.html

The rules have obviously changed since.

Players under 16 can't be paid. Lega Calico rules state the every registered player has to be paid the minimum wage for Serie A (€2100 per month). Milam applied for an exemption, it hasnt been granted.

yeah they have the biggest history but realistically why would he stay when there are clubs that are most likely looking to buy him that can offer him more glory?

Fan or not, he's not going to stick around and see his career fall to pieces because of a team that can't hack it in the big top.

He's playing for Milan in the Champions League and Serie A. there is every chance milan will qualify for the CL again next season. its not like hes at Siena and going to be relegated to Serie B.

It looks like Ciro Ferrara has been sacked again.

It looks like Ciro Ferrara has been sacked again.

Cosmi was sacked last night as well.

Ferrara really had a thankless job though.

Comsi must be the most sacked coach in serie a in my lifetime...

• Advertisement

Napoli docked 2 points and Cannavaro and Grava both get 6 month bans!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20769692

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

I think docking Napoli two points is harsh in the circumstances, but then again draconian measures need to be taken to act as a deterrent to others.

I imagine it's a difficult situation for a player when a teammate, who is very possibly a good friend, mentions something like this to you. Obviously for the good of the game you should snitch, but when you know that by doing so you will finish your friend's career and possibly sned him to prison it can't be an easy thing to do.

Combined with the Bologna result, it's been an awful week for Napoli. The scudetto is gone, now they have to fight for third place but I don't see them getting it.

I wonder what impact this would have on the competition?

2nd degree lesion in training. Could be out for 3 months

http://www.tuttosport.com/calcio/serie_a/juventus/2012/12/19-233917/Tegola+Juve%3A+Chiellini,+lesione+al+polpaccio

In English

http://www.football-italia.net/28631/chiellini-out-three-months

It's a massive blow for Juve. I think the club have to look at signing a replacement in January now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Best time for it to happen, not that's there's ever a good time to be injured but the league is over, and CL is on its break so if he could be back for the 2nd leg of last 16 in March or at worst the quarters if they get there it's not a disaster. Still far more pressing need for a world class striker in Jan despite this.

• Advertisement

He's suspended for the first leg of the CL anyway.

I think Napoli have been very, very unlucky to be docked two points, the club had no involvement or knowledge of what was going on.
    I also think Cannavaro and Grava were very unfairly treated, they flat out refused and are basically getting bad for not ratting on a friend, they didn't actually do anything wrong...

1/4 of the league have had point reductions so far this season heh and it's not even Christmas.

I think Napoli have been very, very unlucky to be docked two points, the club had no involvement or knowledge of what was going on.
    I also think Cannavaro and Grava were very unfairly treated, they flat out refused and are basically getting bad for not ratting on a friend, they didn't actually do anything wrong...

Did you feel similarly about Conte?

I agree Napoli have seemed to be very hard done by. The problem in FIGC is guilty unless proven otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Napoli out of the Coppa, late winner by Bologna.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Brilliant start from Roma against Milan. Osvaldo's header was a peach to put the home side 2-0. El Shaarawy should have done better a bit before that when through on goal but credit to Goicoechea for doing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Milan getting thumped here.

3-0 30 minutes played.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Torn apart! 3-0, Lamela after 20 mins.

4-0

Lamela again

Milan started 2nd half well but Mexes and Yepes are rubbish at defending crosses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

dreamers75 wrote: »
    4-0

Lamela again

Milan started 2nd half well but Mexes and Yepes are rubbish at defending crosses.
    Mexes reminds me a lot of Sergio Ramos. All the ability in the world, but you're guaranteed mistakes on a regular basis.

• Advertisement

4-2 :p

Roma down to 10 and gave away a peno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

flynner87 wrote: »

Shocked and disgusted at this during the week. Even as a Napoli fan, I agree with the banning of Grava and Cannovaro - even if the latter will be a big loss. They both knew and did nothing to stop it.

But the docking of two points is way OTT and totally unjustified. The whole club should not be made to suffer because of the actions of one ex-keeper and another two players who kept stum. It's not as if Mazzarri and De Laurentiis were in on it too. The FIGC, by virtue of their decision, are making out that the whole club was involved.

Scandalous. I seriously hope De Laurentiis takes this case to the highest arbitrary position.

Oh, and fúck you very much Bologna.

Can anyone guess who this little future world champion is?

KZdtt59e5l8.jpg

Buffon?

Milan were pants for the first 50 minutes yesterday.

Should have scored atleast one more as well.

Terrible result.

Yep, it's Buffon.

The league really does look over after this weekend's results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Least it's a reminder for everyone at Milan that defensive reinforcements are desperately needed and SES can't carry them forever.

Fiorentina still going strong, they keep their main players fit they'll be good shout for 2nd/3rd spot. JoJo been missing(he played yday) for a while and it didn't slow them down at all.

Yeah, I've been impressed with Fiorentina. Montella is a very good coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

is there any reasons why the crowds are so low in Serie A?
    or is it just lack of interest from fans?

MD1990 wrote: »
    is there any reasons why the crowds are so low in Serie A?
    or is it just lack of interest from fans?
    Italy is financially worse off than Ireland at the moment. The average football fan is very selective with the games he attends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Cost is an issue. To go to the Curva is cheap but it can get a bit crazy in there sometimes so you don't really bring the family. This leaves you with the choice of paying 2 or 3 times more for a spot in the other sections of the stadium and when things are tight that can really add up

Also the Tessera.

This was designed for away games but some clubs also force home fans to get one if they want to buy tickets.

The government is doing all they can to curb the power of the Ultras, and this includes draconic security measures which puts a lot of people off.

A surprisingly large amount of Italian fans I've talked to simply dislike Calcio these days and have just fallen out of love with the game. Probably partly a knock affect from all the scandals, can be hard to follow something that has at best a sketchy credibility.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Also the Tessera.

This was designed for away games but some clubs also force home fans to get one if they want to buy tickets.

The government is doing all they can to curb the power of the Ultras, and this includes draconic security measures which puts a lot of people off.
    Absolutely. I went with Juve fans to the match against Lazio at the Stadio Olimpico last November. Christ, I might as well have been going through Checkpoint Charlie before the Wall came down, such was the level of security. On three separate occasions I was searched and groped. And not very discreetly.

Even going into The San Paolo to see Napoli, the security were OTT, taking a bottle of water off me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Just seen Roma are getting their own stadium.

Link.

Hope it leads to Lazio also getting their own, there have been plans for years (Almost a decade i think) to renovate the old Stadio Flaminio, but nothing has come of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

i tipped El Shaawary to be the big breakout player this season but I didn't think he'd be as good as he has. Totally blown away by him so far this season. I expected him to score mayme 10 - 15 goals in all comps and contribute to the team more, get a few assits etc, i didnt expect him to be Milan's best player, nevermind the best player in Serie A this season.
    Isn't this a bit of a hyperbole, and premature at that? He has been great, but from just strikers I would say at least Cavani and Jovetic have been better than him. Plus a bunch of players in other positions like Pirlo, Chiellini etc. Shaarawy is having a good stretch and who knows, might be the best player by the end of the season, but so far? Nah.

I think he's be the best player in Seria A this season. And easily better than Jojo and Cavani.
    His over all game has been amazing, not just his goal scoring.

If his form carrys on I can see him picking up Seria A player of the season, Italian Player of the Season and Young Player of the Season at the end of the year.

Cavani has been his usual self but Jojo has been oout for the guts of 2 months with injuries and Fiorentina haven't missed him, Toni's done pretty well for them in his place. He's havign a good season but not on the same level as SES has.
    I think Pirlo took a lot longer to get going than usual, at the start of the season he looked tired or off the pace and it's only been since october that he's been at his usual best and Cheillini hasn't been as good this year as he was last year, I think Bonucci has been better than him in a lot of games.

Federico Peluso is having a medical for Juve today. He'll be cover for Asamoah who's going to the African Nations and Chiellini who's injured.

It could also mean De Ceglie going to Samp as part of a deal for Obiang.

Don't think there's been a standout best player in the league,could make a case for a handful of players. Lamela's been my favourite player to watch, but thats more of a style preference, think he'll be a bigger star than SES. Ranocchia deserves a mention, he's been excellent and definitely most improved player this year. The defensive options for the forseeable future for the national side are top class.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Ranocchia deserves a mention, he's been excellent and definitely most improved player this year. The defensive options for the foreseeable future for the national side are top class.

He's been a totally different player this year all right. I'd almost written him off since his move to Inter.

That said, he's still played less than half of Inter's league games.

• Advertisement
Advertisement