Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryanair boils it's Dutch Passengers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

Wow, Ryanair's response is to try and take a man to Court for filming the evidence...scambag of a company..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Looks like these Dutch were ...

*puts on sunglasses*

... baked.

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

Also: Dutch oven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Dutch oven ??

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

better that boiling bacon and cabbage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭FinnLizzy

Bleeding Ryanair again, when will they ever........ a feck it, I wouldn't have been so many places if it weren't for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the passengers were probably 'baked' anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Well I was coming back a few weeks ago through Abu Dhabi, which was practically an oven. The plane was delayed to take off and we all sat at the airport in the plane slowly getting roasted.

Is it common for planes to not turn on the AC when they're on the runway and its hot outside...

Do planes also have ACs? Like I would think they'ld have heaters to keep the inside warm as the temperature outside is usually around -45 and lower when flying...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Also: Dutch oven.

lucky it wasnt a dutch breakfast:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Crazy Dutch bastards.
    I bet they were very schweaty.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Isn't boiling point 100 degrees celsius?
    Also do you not need to put the object in a liquid in order to boil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Well I was coming back a few weeks ago through Abu Dhabi, which was practically an oven. The plane was delayed to take off and we all sat at the airport in the plane slowly getting roasted.

Is it common for planes to not turn on the AC when they're on the runway and its hot outside...

Do planes also have ACs? Like I would think they'ld have heaters to keep the inside warm as the temperature outside is usually around -45 and lower when flying...
    I flew Aer Lingus from amsterdam and we had A/C on at the gate before takeoff, the cabin was nice and cool. It was hot outside too.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Depends what you are boiling....

Boiling is the rapid vaporization of a liquid, which occurs when a liquid is heated to its boiling point, the temperature at which the vapor pressure of the liquid is equal to the pressure exerted on the liquid by the surrounding environmental pressure

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

snubbleste wrote: »

Go away, Sheldon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I hope Michael O'Leary makes his kids take Ryanair flights and they suffer the same as that kid in the video.

Mind you he'll probably make them do that as a punishment rather than take their xbox away for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

yer man! wrote: »
    I flew Aer Lingus from amsterdam and we had A/C on at the gate before takeoff, the cabin was nice and cool. It was hot outside too.

I flew aer lingus from Cork to Amsterdam and when we landed the trolley dolly announced 'welcome to Cork!' Id say the rest of the crew are still taking the piss out of her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Of course there's A/C on a Boeing 737. The airline (for whatever reason) switched it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Why do people still fly with ryanair? It's definitely not worth the cheaper flight!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Solair wrote: »
    Of course there's A/C on a Boeing 737. The airline (for whatever reason) switched it off.

Because it costs money to run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

1st world problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I remember reading something before about not being able to run the AC unless the planes engines are running.

This kind of thing has happened with other airlines before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Hmmmm.. nicely toasted

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    I remember reading something before about not being able to run the AC unless the planes engines are running.

If the aircraft was at the stand then the engines may not be on and would probably not be able to run the A/C. However if the plane was on the taxiway for example, waiting to fly out then the engines would be on and the plane would be able to run the A/C. I would assume that this Ryanair plane was waiting to fly out and had it's engines on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Untrue, Airliners have what is called the APU, (Auxiliary Power Unit) basically it is a generator which provides the electricity for running the plane etc. when the plane becomes airborne the power is generated from the Jet engines instead.

Basically it most likely comes down to Ryanair being too mean to run the APU on the plane to provide A/C to their passengers and would rather let them sweat it out rather than burn a few gallons fuel. It might also of course have been faulty. This is the same airline that allows its planes to run with the bare minimum of fuel requirements and saw three of its planes having to declare emergency landings recently in Spain because their planes were running low on fuel after diversions due to bad weather in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Is there no law regarding the maximum temperatures for work-places / indoor public spaces (excluding saunas and steam-rooms obviously)?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Ray Dow

Aaaaah Ryanair. Any day now to the big disaster...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 anonymousMr

KTRIC wrote: »
    Dutch oven ??

I cant thank yet ... but +1 thank. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Are there any regulations about allowable temperatures for passengers? For example, recommendations for an office environment are that the temperature should be between 16-23 degrees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Solair wrote: »
    Is there no law regarding the maximum temperatures for work-places / indoor public spaces (excluding saunas and steam-rooms obviously)?

Don't think so. Remember looking it up before when our office was like a sauna and there wasn't anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Fryinair

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭wyndhurst

When the plane is on stand the A/C is provided by a hook up to A/C units at the stand. These are widely used in Continental EU, Middle East and Asia. Not provided for in Ireland (temps do not warrant it).
    In the air, the planes A/C is driven from the engines.
    Sitting on the runway the A/C does not work as the engines are idling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Not only Ryan Air does this. Last summer I was stuck on an Air France plane for 5 hours on the tarmac with no air con with blazing sun outside while they fixed something electrical to do with a wing apparently It was a long haul flight to China so we all had to endure another 12 hours on the plane after that once the bloody thing took off.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Elessar

Stinicker wrote: »
    Untrue, Airliners have what is called the APU, (Auxiliary Power Unit) basically it is a generator which provides the electricity for running the plane etc. when the plane becomes airborne the power is generated from the Jet engines instead.

Basically it most likely comes down to Ryanair being too mean to run the APU on the plane to provide A/C to their passengers and would rather let them sweat it out rather than burn a few gallons fuel. It might also of course have been faulty. This is the same airline that allows its planes to run with the bare minimum of fuel requirements and saw three of its planes having to declare emergency landings recently in Spain because their planes were running low on fuel after diversions due to bad weather in the area.

Eh, no. The planes that had were low on fuel were low on fuel due to circumstances, not due to Ryanair. AFAIK (and someone can correct me here, I have been out of the airliner loop recently) an aeroplane MUST have enough fuel to reach its destination AND a further 45 mins flight time for holding AND a further hour to reach their alternate destination. From what I read the Ryanair aircraft that called Mayday had reached their 45 minute fuel reserve so had no choice but to request priority. Had it been Aer Lingus or British Airways planes they would have had to do the same thing. There were storms in Spain resulting in diversions and holding patterns for aircraft in the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Why do people still fly with ryanair? It's definitely not worth the cheaper flight!

I've been using Ryanair about once a month for the better part of the year to fly to the UK, and my girlfriend uses it to fly over here.

Neither of us have ever had any problems with them.

I'm not exactly a fan of the company, and I can't stand O'Leary. But people are willing to complain so much about them trying to sell you things, when all I've ever done is just say "No thanks" and they wander off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It's not even all that cheaper these days. Berlin to Stockholm, when you factor in the extra costs, plus one bag in the hold and the price of the 80 minute stuttle to the city, was actually only 3 euro cheaper than the next closest competitor.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Anyone remember the Ryanair Stand Up Seating proposal stunt in 2010?

I reckon if Ryanair actually took out the AC, the seating, the airline staff etc they could charge passengers €5 and people could walk :rolleyes:

gozunda wrote: »
    Anyone remember the Ryanair Stand Up Seating proposal stunt in 2010?

I reckon if Ryanair actually took out the AC, the seating, the airline staff etc they could charge passengers €5 and people could walk :rolleyes:

Look out for the half-price holidays in a Ryanair Boeing 737 simulator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Stinicker wrote: »
    This is the same airline that allows its planes to run with the bare minimum of fuel requirements and saw three of its planes having to declare emergency landings recently in Spain because their planes were running low on fuel after diversions due to bad weather in the area.

Untrue as well. They had to divert and hold for an hour over the airport. Once a plane reaches a certain level of fuel it must declare a mayday so people are aware and it gets priority. They had plenty of reserves and landed without issue. There were several other companies planes in the same situation including Aer Lingus but for some odd reason that didn't get reported...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Ray Dow wrote: »
    Aaaaah Ryanair. Any day now to the big disaster...
    Have a look at their safety record. What leads you to believe that there is big disaster on the way?

Supercell wrote: »
    Not only Ryan Air does this. Last summer I was stuck on an Air France plane for 5 hours on the tarmac with no air con with blazing sun outside while they fixed something electrical to do with a wing apparently It was a long haul flight to China so we all had to endure another 12 hours on the plane after that once the bloody thing took off.

I doubt it was an electrical problem, they were probably siphoning the fuel out of some other airliner's fuel tank so they could take off.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    It's not even all that cheaper these days. Berlin to Stockholm, when you factor in the extra costs, plus one bag in the hold and the price of the 80 minute stuttle to the city, was actually only 3 euro cheaper than the next closest competitor.

I know yeah, there's extra costs everywhere. I just don't think its worth it. I'd rather fly aerlingus and enjoy the flight than go with ryanair and get treated like ****. I also wouldn't fly with ryanair because I hate that smug O'Leary cnut and hate the idea of him getting any of my money :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I know yeah, there's extra costs everywhere. I just don't think its worth it. I'd rather fly aerlingus and enjoy the flight than go with ryanair and get treated like ****. I also wouldn't fly with ryanair because I hate that smug O'Leary cnut and hate the idea of him getting any of my money :)

I'd rather Ryanair than Aer Lingus. I've flown about 200 times with Ryanair without a problem. Aer Lingus are a bunch of cunts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I've met MOL and he's a funny fecker. Very opinionated, very quirky. Doubt he's losing any sweat over this. Anyway, whatt'd they want for €1, aircon? What's that? It wasn't €1 after all the extras? That's an aircon - there ye go, ye got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Do planes also have ACs?

Yes, but it costs fuel to use them. The APU could have been inop with no external power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Have a look at their safety record. What leads you to believe that there is big disaster on the way?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0816/ryanair-spain.html

Given that air disasters are an infrequent event, having a perfect record doesn't mean your odds of being hit by a future disaster are less than your competitors (except maybe Air France).

With Aer Lingus, isn't he getting a share of your money anyway?:P

I don't really think that there's much difference between the two airlines, they both try and get you to part with your hard-earned cash one way or the other, and I've never noticed a difference in their interaction with the passengers.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    With Aer Lingus, isn't he getting a share of your money anyway?:P

I don't really think that there's much difference between the two airlines, they both try and get you to part with your hard-earned cash one way or the other, and I've never noticed a difference in their interaction with the passengers.

Now you've ruined holidays for me! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

MOL was probably getting the cabin crew all hot to strip off for their calendar.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/03/ryanairs-cabin-crew-calendar_n_1072484.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement