Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryanair boils it's Dutch Passengers!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Stark wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0816/ryanair-spain.html

Given that air disasters are an infrequent event, having a perfect record doesn't mean your odds of being hit by a future disaster are less than your competitors (except maybe Air France).
    They run the regulation amounts of fuel required.
    The reasons why these guys hadn't enough fuel is because of the Ryanair policy and corporate culture with regard to fuel and the fuel policy
    According to the IALPA...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Supercell wrote: »
    Not only Ryan Air does this. Last summer I was stuck on an Air France plane for 5 hours on the tarmac with no air con with blazing sun outside while they fixed something electrical to do with a wing apparently It was a long haul flight to China so we all had to endure another 12 hours on the plane after that once the bloody thing took off.

Flew with Air France once, never again!! They're one of the worst airlines out there!

I learnt to stick with the Middle Eastern airline for long haul flights...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

4 hours is my flying limit. Anymore and I turn into the Hulk. 4 hours is also "pushing it there me laddie" so no hope of it being cheapcuntair unless the missus booked it, in which case it's guaranteed to be "Businthesky" by OLeary and co. I hate flying cheapo, it's a form of masochism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

its just as well there was no passengers with severe epilepsy as overheating triggers seizures,ryanair woud have no doubt lost a lot more than customers.
    they need to develop some respect for their own company and the people who pay their wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

was stuck baking on a delayed flight for about an hour. its ****ing agony. claustrophobic. no air.trying not to lose it. i start losing it when im heading northbound on the m50. its bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Cienciano wrote: »
    I'd rather Ryanair than Aer Lingus. I've flown about 200 times with Ryanair without a problem. Aer Lingus are a bunch of cunts.

True, but you do get the feeling that it's a roulette wheel. One of these days, you'll get on the wrong flight and the person you're suddenly reading about is you.

As I said, half the time the price difference isn;t as much as you;d think ayway.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Now you've ruined holidays for me! :(
    :pac:

Surely there's a boat you can take, he doesnt own those i dont think.

Michael o'leary isnt even that cheap. In the start he shows you flights for a fiver but by the time you're actually paying for them its over 100e. Or 160 if you forget to print your boarding pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,750 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Stinicker wrote: »
    it is a major news story in the Netherlands at the moment..

No, it's not a major news story.

No mention of it anywhere in Dutch mainstream media that I saw. Maybe because it's a non-story (even in slow slow media August) ;)

Yes, it was very hot that day in Eindhoven (it did not break the all time record, but it came close). And believe me, late 30s in Eindhoven is very uncomfortable as the city is very inland (about 200km from the sea)

I don't know what happened - if or why people were allowed onto the plane which was then not allowed to depart?

I have used Ryanair flights to and from Eindhoven airport many, many times and I am delighted with Ryanair's service there. Cheap flights, no time wasted, more regular time keeping even than Dutch trains :)

Flying there again and back this weekend. My 15 minute taxi journeys in Dublin will cost me more than my flights to Eindhoven and back here to Dublin...

Maybe we should concentrate, for once, on the huge benefits Ryanair have brought most of us over the past 10-15 years. At zero cost to the tax payer.

Maybe we should scrutinise the enormous waste of money for terrible services that we as the tax payers actually do have to pay for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Its Ryanair - I would not expect anything less from the management there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement