Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many friends do you have?

• 21-08-2012 7:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Like proper friends, not facebook friends.
    You know people whom you can really trust and count on and whom you know will always be there for you if you ever need them...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I trust nobody....
    Except my dog.
    But he doesn't trust me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

3 real friends and that is a lot, I am lucky.

2 of my brothers as well.

3, two exes and a mate from college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

[father ted]i want ten thousand copies for all of my friends[/father ted]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

about 6/7 1 is my old man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭God...

Not as many as I used to think.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

6 from college(in the 90s!!) three other really good friends and than a wide circle of friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

None.

Oh god...

Just kill me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

There's so many levels of friends!
    But I suppose about 3 I could really count on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

None.

Oh god...

Just kill me...

i've loads of friends, only a very select few who are really good friends tho .. the one's who i know i can count on to hide the Coke when the 5/0 arrive !!

• Advertisement

Blah blah blah, here's a link that doesn't work look how amusing I am

4 REALZ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I had 2 until I left school in June and now I have 5 actual proper trustworthy friends :D Got way closer to people from school when I left than I ever did when I was there :pac:

I extend the olive branch of friendship, only to have it slapped away ... why must you teat me so judas ! Do i not love dee as a brother !!

I extend the olive branch of friendship, only to have it slapped away ... why must you teat me so judas ! Do i not love dee as a brother !!

I am a nice guy if I had friends they would tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

I have 4. And I count myself lucky to have that many true friends. Sadly one of them is in England working, one is a 2 hour drive away and the other is married a year with a baby on the way so its hard to see them and really have a great time. It means that in my hometown I'm quite lonely at times.

I used to have lots of 'friends' and could always find someone to hang out with but after a family illness (which put life into perspective) and seeing how many of these 'friends' are nothing but flakes and hanger-ons I made a conscious effort to rid myself of negative people. Its harsh but I'd rather spend every Sat night in watching TV (which is what I usually do) than go out with people who would drop me in a blink of an eye.

Its taken me 26 years to learn that there's a difference between 'friends' and true friends, and that you should make the most of the real ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Tree Fiddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

3 really good friends, then a good more 'normal' ones.
    One of them in particular I'd trust with anything, don't have any secrets from him. I think it can be a good release to have someone you know you can say anything to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Friends are just strangers you've already met.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I've got 104 friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

0 Real friends.
    0 Facebook friends.

I haven't had any friends since I was 13/14, and I'm 26 now. Pretty much used to the loner lifestyle if I'm being honest. Unless I change I'll die that way too sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

God... wrote: »
    Not as many as I used to think.
    None.

Oh god...

Just kill me...

You 2 should hook up :cool:

Chucken wrote: »
    You 2 should hook up :cool:

CAN'T. Have a date... With someone who happens to be a qualified psychologist...

... wonder how long it'll take until she tweaks that I'm mental. And that I have no mates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

CAN'T. Have a date... With someone who happens to be a qualified psychologist...

... wonder how long it'll take until she tweaks that I'm mental. And that I have no mates.

Those psychologists are usually half daft so you'll be grand ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Not including my boyfriend and my mam/sister, I have 5 other best friends that I could tell anything to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

A friend will help you move . ... a good friend will help you move a body ..

I don't sit around counting them tbh

A friend in need is a friend indeed, a friend in need is a fukcen pest.

bluewolf wrote: »
    I don't sit around counting them tbh

I bet that would take you ages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

About 3 real friends, two of which are my childhood friends and the other an ex. I'd trust them with my life...
    Other than that, god knows. :L just other friends you'd chat to on a regular basis, go out socially etc. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Dad,wife,brother and my best mate from early 20s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭God...

HAHA and my ex had a degree in psychology. She had the mental bit figured out before the first date, think she kind of liked it tbh!!

Colmustard wrote: »
    a friend in need is a fukcen pest.
    Colmustard wrote: »
    I bet that would take you ages.

yeah, likewise...
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Not including family(husband included)and my neighbours(we are a tight knit wee community), I have one true friend I've known since I came to this country. She now lives in England but when we meet up it's like we've never been apart:)

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

three that I trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Tarkus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭barry711

I had 2 but now its just one because for one of them the "fame" went to her head and as a result she had no time for her best friend anymore. Kinda sad really as I know her 10years now and was the one that got her clean and sober. Never got any thanks for it either. Ohh well, Maybe one day she will come round.

I suppose I should make an actual contribution to this thread.

I have 3 close friends I'd trust with anything. One of my best friends is my older brother, who I'd do literally anything for... no questions asked.

I recently had to cut contact with who I would have considered my best friend. She's my ex & I've been friends with her for years. Crap breakup, and the only way to move on was to sever ties. Makes me sad, and I'll really miss her, but maybe in the future we'll be able to be friends again. Who knows.

I suppose I should make an actual contribution to this thread.

I have 3 close friends I'd trust with anything. One of my best friends is my older brother, who I'd do literally anything for... no questions asked.

I recently had to cut contact with who I would have considered my best friend. She's my ex & I've been friends with her for years. Crap breakup, and the only way to move on was to sever ties. Makes me sad, and I'll really miss her, but maybe in the future we'll be able to be friends again. Who knows.

Is she single now like ? .. just asking cos i could keep tabs on her for you ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Just the one & one is all I need...........

My beloved. My partner in life

Is she single now like ? .. just asking cos i could keep tabs on her for you ..

Nope, she's going out with some really strange looking chap from Cork, with a massive forehead.

Shame really, because she's really hot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

gammygils wrote: »
    Just the one & one is all I need...........

My beloved. My partner in life
    A bag of fish & chips?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

6 very close friends, two of which are childhood friends, I'd also count my brother as a friend, have a great relationship with him and he gives great advice.
    I've also dropped some friends over the years for different reasons.
    Was bullied as a kid and had very fee friends during primary school but in secondary school people began to realise how sound I was and I was, made up for a crap childhood!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭AllWasWell

my 2 sisters and one other friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

3 real friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I'd say 2/3 at the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I have a small circle of close friends who I'd have regular enough contact with, even though they are spread across the globe. They form a group that I'd be fairly open with. I'd put the number at 8.

I have other friends that I can hang around with but wouldn't trust them too much and we have something of a superficial friendship.

Then I have dozens of acquaintances.

I have distanced myself from some friends and simply lost touch with others over the years, sad but inevitable. People just change and can grow apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I have a lot of friends I get on great with but only a hand full that I'd keep very close to me

• Advertisement
Advertisement