Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for a mortgage from a Bank in Ireland while living and working overseas

Options
  • 21-08-2012 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi Everyone,

I am an Irish citizen and have been living overseas for nearly 6 years. I am currently looking at buying an investment property in Ireland.

Has anyone hear managed to apply for a mortgage from an Irish bank while living and working overseas?

Just for more information, I have been in a permanent job for 6 years and will have a 30% deposit for the property I have in mind.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 red_owl99

I had a similar query a few months back on the following forum.... I gather that it's nearly impossible to get a mortgage for the remainder after your deposit...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056665977&page=2

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kavanagh1985

Hi

I know it's been 9 months since this post but I am in the same kind of a position as you.
    My husband and I have been away 7 years and are dying to move home but we would love to get a mortgage sorted first.
    Did you have any luck in getting a mortgage after??

Advertisement