Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 not booting with gevey after 5.1.1

• 21-08-2012 8:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

I updated a friends iphone 4 with Custom 5.1.1, preserving baseband 4.10.01, the IOS was 4.3.2 and the gevey ultra worked with the 112/airplane mode, the phone wasn't jailbroke.

I installed cydia on 5.1.1, added the gevey repo, selected for 5.1.1, installed it, powered off the iphone, inserted gevey ultra into o2 iphone with meteor sim and it is just getting stuck on the apple boot logo, 10 minutes.

If i remove the gevey and reset the phone it boots ok.

Is the gevey not compatible?, is there a new one out?, from what I've read there shouldnt be a problem?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Are you using an official gevey?
    most the older unofficial ones don't work on 5.1 firmwares

http://www.applenberry.com/gevey-ultra/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭stuar

I eventually got it booted, the gevey looks the same, although I never saw the packaging. I got it to accept the meteor sim and gave it back, stressful day, last thing I needed was an iphone to wreck my head half the night.

But I thought it was all automated with the cydia furiousmod repo and tweak, but I had to do the 112, airplane mode, sim in/out etc.
    these instructions did not work
    http://www.applenberry.com/unlock-att-gsm-iphone-4/#section2

I told him to see how he gets on and drop it into me tomorrow and I'll have a proper look at it and that maybe he'll need to buy a new Gevey.

I don't use Gevey, but can somebody on 5.1.1, iphone 4, furiousmod/cydia, confirm that they upgraded from 4.x.x to 5.1.1 and used same Gevey, and all is automated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

Have a look for ultrasnowcn on cydia this by passes the 112 trick and takes a couple of minutes to find signal after reboot. I am running 5.01 using ultrasnowcn 1.6b5.

Advertisement