Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tailgating and Road Rage

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Party Supply Van

geneyuss wrote: »
    i was referring to another poster,,, and how is it silly,,,the fact ive never had somebody crash into the back of me has nothing to do with driving skills ? idiotic statement,,
    ive had many a driver almost rear-end me and have took evasive action, learn how to drive, its not just passing a silly test ya know

what happens if there is no option of an evasive maneuver, you got lucky you had an out of the situation. if you're boxed in and someone is on a collision course for you your 2.5 million miles won't count as jack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭TheChizler

dan dan wrote: »
    Best tactic is speed up a bit and when they are on your tail, Simply turn on your lights.
    The tailgater drives on your lights at all times. They have no time to decide if its brake lights or side lights. Your red lights come on and stay on. He brakes hard,by instinct.

And possibly loses control and veers into oncoming traffic? You may not be legally responsible for that, but you sure had something to do with it. Doing something unexpected on the roads is one of the most dangerous things you can do. If anything you should slow down slowly until they overtake. No sudden actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭geneyuss

what happens if there is no option of an evasive maneuver, you got lucky you had an out of the situation. if you're boxed in and someone is on a collision course for you your 2.5 million miles won't count as jack

we would call that an accident then,,,, not like i would have caused/helped the case like some of the posters actions here, you have read the thread yeah??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

rogieop wrote: »
    The big problem on motorways in ireland is the phrasing of words relating to the motorway.

People call the two lanes, the slow lane and fast lane.

for this reason people think it is ok to drive in, and stay in the right hand lane as long as they are doing 120kph.

They are not the fast and slow lanes, they are the driving lane(left) and the overtaking lane(right)

You stay in the left hand lane untill you need to overtake, once you have passed the vehicle in front you get the **** back into the left hand lane.

If people would stick to this then speed limits dont really matter.

Motorways are very straight roads, the only way to really crash on them is a collision(which wont happen if the above is applied) or something like drink driving/adverse weather etc etc.

Anyone coasting along in the right hand lane out for a drive deserves to get tailgated imo.

People use them motorways every day for work, and untill you are one of them people you cannot understand how frustrating it is.
    who said 25 years???? it could have been 55??? another typical boards narcissist,,, i do not suffer from road rage, nor do i need someone one this poxy site telling me how to drive,,,,read the bloody thread and stop putting words in my mouth

No, but based on that nasty rant maybe you suffer from cyber rage?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭hoochis

who said 25 years???? it could have been 55??? another typical boards narcissist,,, i do not suffer from road rage, nor do i need someone one this poxy site telling me how to drive,,,,read the bloody thread and stop putting words in my mouth

I'm surprised you don't suffer from road rage. Doesn't take much to rise you! No need to take your anger out on boards btw. Its not such a poxy site!

• Advertisement

we would call that an accident then,,,, not like i would have caused/helped the case like some of the posters actions here, you have read the thread yeah??

of course its an accident. i was taking you up on the point you made to a previous poster who said they were in two write-offs which weren't their fault and you replied that maybe they just can't drive.

SocSocPol wrote: »
    No, but based on that nasty rant maybe you suffer from cyber rage?:rolleyes:

another pissed poster :rolleyes:

of course its an accident. i was taking you up on the point you made to a previous poster who said they were in two write-offs which weren't their fault and you replied that maybe they just can't drive.

well,,,, either that or he/she is just very unlucky,,,, whats your point?,,,that i cant drive? or are you just another behind the screen expert at everything including my life and what i say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

I never said you did.

Read my post again. There are 2 separate paragraphs. One was asking you whta you do out of curiousity.

The second was a comment about myself and road rage in general.

well,,,, either that or he/she is just very unlucky,,,, whats your point?,,,that i cant drive? or are you just another behind the screen expert at everything including my life and what i say?
    yep unlucky. my point was as i said above, you suggesting they couldn't drive rather than believe it was a accident.
    not an expert on your life at all. just taking you to task on a bs post is all ;)

• Advertisement

dirtyden wrote: »
    I never said you did.

Read my post again. There are 2 separate paragraphs. One was asking you whta you do out of curiousity.

The second was a comment about myself and road rage in general.

i could be getting you confused with another poster,, thats what happens when one gets tag teamed,, i was both a truck and a taxi driver,, and 250k wasnt much
    sorry,, i sould clarify,,,,hackney driver,,, not taxi,,,,,before the boards god crowd attack

yep unlucky. my point was as i said above, you suggesting they couldn't drive rather than believe it was a accident.
    not an expert on your life at all. just taking you to task on a bs post is all ;)

you clearly didnt read what i was replying to,, anyhow,,no matter,, no point in reading the thread obviously

you clearly didnt read what i was replying to,, anyhow,,no matter,, no point in reading the thread obviously

this is the post you replied to.
    I hate tailgaters.

Drives me ****ing nuts. Got into an altercation on the side of the road a few months back because of it.

I've been in two write-offs because of people not paying attention behind me. Neither my fault in any way before someone starts.

I can feel my blood pressure rise thinking about tailgaters which is weird because it takes quite a lot to get a rise out of me.

Fucking pricks.
    ive driven over 2.5 million miles and have never even had a bang ona bumper in several different jobs in cars,/vans/lorrys,,maybe your just unlucky.or maybe you just cant drive??

this is the post you replied to.

and your point is what exactly?? as your gone so far off topic, explain it to us all

Mod

geneyuss, you suggested someone was a bad driver because they had been rear ended twice. That is what you were being pulled up on. You've already had a warning, now drop it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

I've sort of maintained that if you want to see someone's true character, watch them drive for a bit. Something about the relative impunity of hiding behind a windscreen brings out a person's nature even with very mild provocation.

Unfortunately, there's a lot more at stake than bruised egos on the road. We're all humans, and we're all on AH, which of course means we are all deeply flawed. No one can pay complete attention and drive safely 100% of the time. Eventually you will err, or someone else will err in one form or another. Not a one of us can say they are a perfect driver with any credibility or lack of delusion.

I understand the need to vent issues in AH. Traffic can be very frustrating. But, in the end, we're all in the same boat, if not the same carriageway. My main mission whilst driving is to make it to my destination unscathed. It's not to play games, or to be passive aggressive, or dangerous, or to teach others how to drive. Let someone else play their games or vent their problems, preferably on someone else. I've a life to get on with. The less you act like a target, the less chances you have of being one. Yeah, 'target' is also a metaphor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

I think I only really get road rage or a v.mild form of it when I'm being tailgated because I'm a learner. I wont break a speed.limit for anything, I have my plates up, they know I am a learner and they still act the príck and try and intimidate me, etc..

I have had to pay thru the nose for lessons, EDT, etc anf everyday I drive I see people who through their actions shouldn't be on the road..

I, through no fault of my own, almost killed three kids on a horse and trap who.ran a red light the other day.. After the initial shock, and the lingering fear of gettin back behind the wheel I think things could have been worse if I had someone sniffing my arse.. Either a: I would have been too busy focusing in my rear view wondering what they were doing so.close to me and Not seen the kids til It was too late, or b: Been rear ended by that person.

Tailgating achieves nothing, I really dont understand why.people do it. It's distracting. Leave on time when you're going somewhere, I think thats a big key. If people left for where they were going on time there would b a lot.more chilled out drivers IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

My pet peeve is 2 lanes at a red light, one for straight on or left which turns into a bus lane, one for straight on or right.

I settle behind car on right lane if they're not indicating right. When the lights go green then they decide to throw in their indicators to turn right and stops now awaiting the traffic on the right to clear. Bástard!

That's the true test of an utter retard.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've only been driving a few months, but I still can't wrap my head round how some people see speed limits as optional. I never go over them but seem to constantly have people up my ass or overtaking me and disappearing into the distance :S

I've only been driving a few months, but I still can't wrap my head round how some people see speed limits as optional. I never go over them but seem to constantly have people up my ass or overtaking me and disappearing into the distance :S

Your car speedo often overreads your speed by as much as 10%. Alot of people know this. So you think you are driving bang on 120kmp/h (but it's only 108kmp/h) and you are hogging the overtaking lane for no justifiable reason - no traffic to overtake whatsoever, and that incites frustration in them. You have the opinion that you are a quasi-Garda out saving lives by holding them in this position and restricting their speed. Some assho1es driving in Audi's or BMW's will look down on your $hitty car and begin dangerously tail gating you in attempt to intimidate you. True defensive driving on your part, and basic obedience of the law would mandate that you move over to let them by. But you don't.

End result is that they overtake on the inside while giving you the finger. This creates an uncontrollable rage in your limbic system - you think they have just been breaking the speed limit, now they are performing an illegal overtake while insulting you. Now you begin tailgating them and acting crazy, and before you know it, an accident has occurred or both sides have lost their temper creating a high risk of an incident occurring.

Lots of misunderstanding on both sides, ignorance or disobedience of the law coupled with emotions. Emotions outside of inner calmness have no place in driving. Be at peace with the other drivers, even if they're complete a$sholes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Motorist wrote: »
    Be at peace with the other drivers, even if they're complete a$sholes.

Wise words indeed sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Yes but some of the speed limits being set are ridiculous.

120 on the M1 which has 2 lanes, yet at times the m50 has 5 lanes and the limit is 100. its baffling.

They even reduced the limit in inner city dublin to 30kph at some places(not sure if its still in operation) that was just plain madness.

You are literally making people break the law, driving at them speeds is more dangerous because people are just getting frustrated.

Even 120k on a motorway in this country is stupid.

It should be 140k.

just because you drive at or under the limit doesnt mean you are a good driver.

Over all situal awareness makes you a good driver. And different situations call for differing driving styles/speeds.

120 on the M1 which has 2 lanes, yet at times the m50 has 5 lanes and the limit is 100. its baffling.

It's 170kmp/h if you have a yellow number plate though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

maybe your just unlucky.or maybe you just cant drive??

My driving is fine. Actually I'd go as far as to say my driving is of a very high standard. I have a full clean driving licence for over a deacde, no points, and no claims against me. I got a speeding ticket once for driving a light truck at 60mph when I should have been doing 55 years ago - my only ever traffic violation.

Incident one was when I slowed down behind some yellow council vehicle doing about 20 mph in a 60mph zone (it wasn't safe to overtake).... WHACK the guy behind me didn't notice that I'd slowed down. Almost drove me into the traffic coming the other way. Frightening.

Incident two was when I approached and stopped at a stop-go auto-traffic light system on a hill in Cork.... WHACK guy behind me wasn't paying attention.

Two cars written off and I was in no way responsible for either. Both cars replaced by rear-ender's insurance companies without even a question.

My driving is fine. Actually I'd go as far as to say my driving is of a very high standard. I have a full clean driving licence for over a deacde, no points, and no claims against me. I got a speeding ticket once for driving a light truck at 60mph when I should have been doing 55 years ago - my only ever traffic violation.

Incident one was when I slowed down behind some yellow council vehicle doing about 20 mph in a 60mph zone (it wasn't safe to overtake).... WHACK the guy behind me didn't notice that I'd slowed down. Almost drove me into the traffic coming the other way. Frightening.

Incident two was when I approached and stopped at a stop-go auto-traffic light system on a hill in Cork.... WHACK guy behind me wasn't paying attention.

Two cars written off and I was in no way responsible for either. Both cars replaced by rear-ender's insurance companies without even a question.

A truly excellent driver would be monitoring his rear view mirror constantly assessing the risk from other drivers approaching, constantly scanning for escape routes and ready to react, and would have used hazards to signal a sudden slow down in speed to inattentive drivers behind. (20mph in 60mph zone is extremely dangerous )

A truly excellent driver would be monitoring his rear view mirror constantly assessing the risk from other drivers approaching, constantly scanning for escape routes and ready to react, and would have used hazards to signal a sudden slow down in speed to inattentive drivers behind. (20mph in 60mph zone is extremely dangerous )

Your point is? Are you suggesting that I should bear some responsibility for two idiots who weren't paying attention?

Btw if you are trying to concentrate on everyone else's driving as much as your caricature 'truly excellent driver' then you will not drive optimally - you will drive like a paranoid fool.

Your point is?

We should always strive to continuously improve our driving ability and skills.

We should always strive to continuously improve our driving ability and skills.

I'm aware that motoring is a life-skill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I agree with Motorist regarding using mirrors.My pet hate is driving along & catching up on someone coasting along the middle of the road at a snails pace who never glances in their mirrors to see the tailback that has developed behind them.Result is tailgating & risky overtaking,even then some of the dipsy drivers don't even see the cars passing them.

All well & good keeping your eyes on the road but remember folks that there's also stuff behind you to watch out for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'm amazed every day that people always practically drive up the boot of the car when I slow down to the actual speed limit when going into a town.

Do they think I want to get points just to suit them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

There's only so much even an excellent driver can do while driving. There isn't always a safe, viable escape route and no amount of observation and assessment will guarantee that you can predict what some eejits will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

the amount of high horsery that's going on in this thread is unreal.

Unless you are a serving member of AGS it is not up to you to police anyone else's speed on the road, if they want to speed, let them, if they want to over take you, let them.
    You do not know their situation or circumstances.

About 10 years ago I was visiting my parents house when my brother had an accident, and put his hand through a pane of glass... The problem was that he had been acting the maggot, jumping and lepping about the place and when he went through the glass his wrist came down on the shards, essentially slitting his ulnar artery. There was blood EVERYWHERE.
    Anyway, me and my mother got him out into my car, while my sister was ringing the Ambulance and GP. The aim was to get him to GP to get the bloodflow staunched, then let the Ambulance take him to the hospital. When we got to the GP, he took one look at my brothers injuries and said
    "we don't have time to wait for the ambulance"

Those words will stay with me.

Next thing he shouted for his secretary to ring the local Garda Station (about 10 miles away) and tell them that he needed an escort, but didn't have time to wait for them to get to the surgery.
    Then told her to ring the hospital and tell them emergency case, partial limb severance.

His next line was to me.. "Gate, can you drive... Put your foot to the fuppin floor son" and he got in the back with my brother and by now totally hysterical mother

We were intercepted by 2 gardai in a squad car about 15 minutes later and i pulled over to let one drive and his colleague lead the way with blues and twos. That took about 30 to 60 seconds and, as i was beginning to lose my little adrenaline "keep it together, lad" rush so i was quite happy to let him take over.

My point being that if one of the self appointed speed enforcers had taken it upon themsleves to ignore the flashy lights/horn and hazard lights of me as i ignored the ROTR, you could have been responsible for my brother dying.

Instead the bollix is working over in Mongolia, but is based in New Zealand, and pretty much lives the life of reilly!! (even if he does work hard :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I do understand from some of the stories here that sometimes there is a real emergency, so you shouldn't be all high and mighty about others while in your car.
    However, let's be honest, the vast majority of tailgating and speeding is just self absorbed twats.
    So, by all means don't intentionally hold people up, but you don't have to overly inconvenience yourself to let everybody by either.

There is something about driving that makes us angry, Dylan Moran has a great sequence about it, some of it is here:
    "If somebody blocks you when you're walking, you're positively Edwardian in your manners. You do this sheepish little smile together, and you step aside. And you both do it at the same time, and you go "for goodness sake, what a to-do! Oh-ho-ho, dear me! I'll just eh, I'll just—oh, we did it again, can you believe it, I can't believe it! We should be on the stage! One more time, I'll just—oh, how did we ever get this far as a species!" But, for some reason, in a car, that becomes "YOU SPUNK BUCKET!".... from, you know, an eighty nine year-old church warden"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

zerks wrote: »
    I agree with Motorist regarding using mirrors.My pet hate is driving along & catching up on someone coasting along the middle of the road at a snails pace who never glances in their mirrors to see the tailback that has developed behind them.Result is tailgating & risky overtaking,even then some of the dipsy drivers don't even see the cars passing them.

All well & good keeping your eyes on the road but remember folks that there's also stuff behind you to watch out for.
    It's called driving without due care and attention and afaik it's an offence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

GerM wrote: »
    The Ring of Kerry is 100kmph. For those that haven't driven it, here's an example (and certainly not the worst): http://s0.geograph.org.uk/photos/52/65/526502_95a9044b.jpg

It's ludicrous that there are multiple roads in this country where it is deemed acceptable to drive at these speeds. People who are not familiar with them will creep up close to those speeds ignorant that there may be a sharp bend up ahead. To compound the issues, a chunk of that road is cliff side as well as the fact that the clouds come right down onto the road in places, reducing visibility significantly.

That just confirms my suspicion that speed limits in Ireland are more often than not based on a dare.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

gatecrash wrote: »

Unless you are a serving member of AGS it is not up to you to police anyone else's speed on the road, if they want to speed, let them, if they want to over take you, let them.

About 10 years ago I was visiting my parents house when my brother had an accident, and put his hand through a pane of glass... The problem was that he had been acting the maggot, jumping and lepping about the place and when he went through the glass his wrist came down on the shards, essentially slitting his ulnar artery. There was blood EVERYWHERE.
    Anyway, me and my mother got him out into my car, while my sister was ringing the Ambulance and GP. The aim was to get him to GP to get the bloodflow staunched, then let the Ambulance take him to the hospital. When we got to the GP, he took one look at my brothers injuries and said

Next thing he shouted for his secretary to ring the local Garda Station (about 10 miles away) and tell them that he needed an escort, but didn't have time to wait for them to get to the surgery.
    Then told her to ring the hospital and tell them emergency case, partial limb severance.

His next line was to me.. "Gate, can you drive... Put your foot to the fuppin floor son" and he got in the back with my brother and by now totally hysterical mother

We were intercepted by 2 gardai in a squad car about 15 minutes later and i pulled over to let one drive and his colleague lead the way with blues and twos. That took about 30 to 60 seconds and, as i was beginning to lose my little adrenaline "keep it together, lad" rush so i was quite happy to let him take over.

My point being that if one of the self appointed speed enforcers had taken it upon themsleves to ignore the flashy lights/horn and hazard lights of me as i ignored the ROTR, you could have been responsible for my brother dying.

Instead the bollix is working over in Mongolia, but is based in New Zealand, and pretty much lives the life of reilly!! (even if he does work hard :D )

Is Gate your real name :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

gatecrash wrote: »

Granted you had an emergency case, and I'm glad your brother is okay. I think it would be fair to say that it is unlikely that the average ass hole that speeds up behind you and hangs off your hole has a bleeding family member in the back, he / she is just an inconsiderate ass hole.

I've been in a situation once or twice where I've been boxed off on the motorway, and while it's nerve wrecking to see how close people are willing to get to you, all I could do is throw on my indicator for the left lane and normally some good person would make room for me and let me in. While we're in no position to tell other people what to do, calling a spade a spade - it's bullying, and they are a danger to themselves and everyone else on the road.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You are literally making people break the law, driving at them speeds is more dangerous because people are just getting frustrated.

I'm not saying driving at the limits makes me a "good" driver. But I've no intentions of breaking the law cause some idiot behind me wants to get home 10 seconds quicker. And I don't see how driving at the speed limit is making other people break the law; people break the law cause of their impatience and their desire to break it. If I'm on a 60 road doing that, and someone decides they don't want to do 60, they want to do 80, I shouldn't be blamed cause of their decision to speed. No one forces the person behind me to break the limit to go past me; that's their decision

The number of times I see someone overtake me when I'm doing the speed limit, only to get caught at traffic lights 5 seconds quicker than they would have if they'd stayed behind me is amusing to me. Some people get so impatient driving and become idiots and *******s in a bid to get somewhere 10 seconds quicker.

Your car speedo often overreads your speed by as much as 10%. Alot of people know this. So you think you are driving bang on 120kmp/h (but it's only 108kmp/h) and you are hogging the overtaking lane for no justifiable reason - no traffic to overtake whatsoever, and that incites frustration in them. You have the opinion that you are a quasi-Garda out saving lives by holding them in this position and restricting their speed. Some assho1es driving in Audi's or BMW's will look down on your $hitty car and begin dangerously tail gating you in attempt to intimidate you. True defensive driving on your part, and basic obedience of the law would mandate that you move over to let them by. But you don't.

End result is that they overtake on the inside while giving you the finger. This creates an uncontrollable rage in your limbic system - you think they have just been breaking the speed limit, now they are performing an illegal overtake while insulting you. Now you begin tailgating them and acting crazy, and before you know it, an accident has occurred or both sides have lost their temper creating a high risk of an incident occurring.

Lots of misunderstanding on both sides, ignorance or disobedience of the law coupled with emotions. Emotions outside of inner calmness have no place in driving. Be at peace with the other drivers, even if they're complete a$sholes.

Why do you assume from that post that

1) The poster is hogging the overtaking lane when they never said what kind of road they were on, let alone what lane they were in
    2) That they were deliberatley obstructing speeding drivers
    3) That there was anywhere for them to move over to in order to let the speeder past?

Where are these assumptions coming from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

realies wrote: »
    Is Gate your real name :)

Yeah. my parents didn't like me!! :D

The others have normal names like Alfonsus and Gertrude

• Advertisement

Shenshen wrote: »
    Why do you assume from that post that

1) The poster is hogging the overtaking lane when they never said what kind of road they were on, let alone what lane they were in
    2) That they were deliberatley obstructing speeding drivers
    3) That there was anywhere for them to move over to in order to let the speeder past?

Where are these assumptions coming from?

I was just hypothetically citing common causative factors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

TonyStark wrote: »
    It's called driving without due care and attention and afaik it's an offence.

A lot of offenders out there.Witnessed one a couple of years ago.Short version:A trawler sank off the Wexford coast,cue emergency services scrambled.I was on the road & was passed at high speed by a coastguard jeep with every light flashing.500 or so yards on I caught up with them as some numpty sauntered along the road at 60kph & didn't even notice the big flashy thing behind them.Due to lots of oncoming traffic,the jeep couldn't pass.Eventually after nearly a mile they got by.Nice big hard shoulder to pull in so either the car driver was too dozy to notice what was on the road or simply too ignorant.I hope it was the former.

Personally I hate being tailgated as I'm not one for cruising along at a snails pace.Hi to the moron that tailgated me in torrential rain in the dark at 120kph on the M1,he even had 3 kids in the car-crazy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

Dont drive like Miss Daisy and you wont be tailgated. Simples.
    Fecking taxi drivers driving at the optimum 34.62kph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭The Idyll Race

Stojkovic wrote: »
    Dont drive like Miss Daisy and you wont be tailgated. Simples.
    Fecking taxi drivers driving at the optimum 34.62kph.

Don't drive like a muppet either and you won't cause accidents. Simples.

One question : What exactly do people who do tailgate (and by personal admission there seem to be quite a few in this thread) hope to achieve by tailgating?

Personally, when I come up to another driver who does not drive as fast as I would like to, I tend to hang back, wait for safe opportunity, and overtake.
    What's the point of driving along being glued to someones boot, when you can clearly see that they've noplace to go to let you past?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Shenshen wrote: »
    One question : What exactly do people who do tailgate (and by personal admission there seem to be quite a few in this thread) hope to achieve by tailgating?

Personally, when I come up to another driver who does not drive as fast as I would like to, I tend to hang back, wait for safe opportunity, and overtake.
    What's the point of driving along being glued to someones boot, when you can clearly see that they've noplace to go to let you past?

I don't think they actually care where you go, once you're not in front of them. Utter dick heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Nippledragon

Its worse when you see learner drivers getting bullied off the roads, do some people not remember they were learner drivers at some stage too? Pig ignorant arseholes.:mad:

If you are being tail-gated, slam on your brakes. Offender wont have a leg to stand if he hits you as he/she was driving too close.

Fcuks sake stop advising people to get into car crashes, it's utterly stupid advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Nippledragon

bluewolf wrote: »
    Fcuks sake stop advising people to get into car crashes, it's utterly stupid advice

Arseholes who cannot drive properly are what cause crashes ie tailgating, speeding etc...

Arseholes who cannot drive properly are what cause crashes ie tailgating, speeding etc...

Slamming on your brakes just to cause a crash is what causes a crash. No amount of "but he was annoying me and being mean" justifies that

• Advertisement
Advertisement