Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extensive stamp collection found

Options
  • 21-08-2012 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello everyone. I was wondering is anyone could help me. I recently came across a pretty extensive stamp collection in a castle i helped renovate. There are stamps from every country in the world. ones i havent even heard of and more interestingly because they were collected in the 60's there are stamps from country's that dont even exist anymore. i was wondering where in ireland i could appraise them and value them ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Missent

Mursefin

If you go to the home page of the Irish Philatelic Traders' Association (easily found on Google - would post a link if I knew how), you'll find a list of dealers who would be able to assess the collection for you. Phoning in advance is always a good idea as many are one person operations.

As stamps are universally traded, the fact that they come from countries which are far away or from countries that don't exist any more won't add to their value.

Alternatively, you could bring the collection to the national stamp exhibition, Stampa, which is due to take place in the RDS between 12-14 October. Dealers in attendance would be well used to being shown collections for appraisal.

Hope it works out well for you!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Absolutely, bring it to the stamp and coin fair so you can get different opinions/offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MurseFin

Thanks very much the RDS could be a good route but ill check out that site too. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 bathy

I would be interested in going to this 'stampa' fair in terms of getting a coin collection valued... but I can't find any info on the net.. is not listed on the RDS website. How do you know dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Missent

Details of Stampa 2012 are available on the An Post website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,419 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Missent wrote: »
    Details of Stampa 2012 are available on the An Post website.

A link to which you could have easily posted ........

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/IrishStamps/News+and+events/2012/STAMPA.htm

Advertisement