Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEAR scheme

Options
  • 21-08-2012 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,
    My brothers has just accepted a place in dit and has been previously told he is eligible for the HEAR scheme. Just wondering has anybody received information on this since accepting their offer?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Hi,

I'm not a first year, but I am an Access Student (HEAR becomes Access in DIT). If he was eligible for HEAR, your brother will get a spot in Access, regardless of whether or not he needed the extra points, and he'll get all the supports that go with it (an extra Grant, access to an extra Student Assistance Fund if he should need it, a Peer Mentor, an Access Officer who'll keep in touch with him throughout the year, free Grinds if needed, and a whole host of other extra supports).

I'm actually doing some work with the Access Post Entry Team this year and was up in their offices today. As far as I know, the Pre Entry Team were preparing letters to go out today, so I assume they will be posted in the next couple of days.

If your brother is in HEAR he will need to attend the Access Service Orientation programme on in the first week of September, so just keep that in mind!

Any other questions, feel free to ask here or PM me. Happy to help!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

Hi, I was wondering where I can find a list of the Geographical areas used by HEAR to determine if my daughter would be eligible? Her school isn't on the DEIS list and we wouldn't qualify under the social group either. I have gone onto the website, but there doesn't seem to be a list?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Hi, I was wondering where I can find a list of the Geographical areas used by HEAR to determine if my daughter would be eligible? Her school isn't on the DEIS list and we wouldn't qualify under the social group either. I have gone onto the website, but there doesn't seem to be a list?
    Thanks
    Searched myself for this list, but I don't think they would release it. I know the area I'm living in atm doesn't qualify under the disadvantaged areas criteria.

Best bet may be to email HEAR and to see if you get a reply. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

Thanks

As far as I'm told, the people in the Hear office does not release the "map". It is highly confidential.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Thanks
    http://maps.pobal.ie/#/Map maybe?

• Advertisement
Advertisement