Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallaght

Options
  • 21-08-2012 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a house in Tallaght. Can anyone advise of any nice quiet areas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Janer12 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a house in Tallaght. Can anyone advise of any nice quiet areas?

Good areas in Tallaght include Bancroft, Old Bawn, most of Aylesbury, Kingswood, and Belgard Heights. Slightly down from that you would have Springfield, the areas left and right of the Seskin View Road (Newbawn, Milbrook, Mountain Park), Watergate, and Balrothery. Bottom of the pile would be Jobstown, Killinarden, Bolbrook, Tymon North.IMO.

It really can vary from street to street in some parts though.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Loanshark Blues

Kilnamanagh is quite a nice area too, and has a big shopping center.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People always seem to slate council estates and I promise I'm not being bias here, but Ballycragh, just down from Old Bawn, is a really nice place to live.
    I grew up there and have never experienced crime or anything sinister and I know a lot of people looking to buy there.
    If it was dodgy, I would say.
    If I had the moolah I'd buy a house there like a shot.
    There are some houses for sale on Daft for little or nothing and I strongly suggest you think about it.
    Other than that, Old Bawn and Firhouse are lovely areas too.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭liamjames1

Sorry to Hijack this thread but I noticed Realies had mentioned Kingswood and Belgard heights above. My housemate is interested in moving over that direction for work as she is driving over everyday from Drumcondra.I work in town so am open to options. How accessible is town from here? What are my options and estimated travel time.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Loanshark Blues

The luas stops in Kingswood and Belgard, probably not more than a 5 minute walk from the houses in the estate. It takes about 35 minutes to get into Jervis from there on it. I think the 54A or 56A goes there too from town, probably takes about the same amount of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

The luas stops in Kingswood and Belgard, probably not more than a 5 minute walk from the houses in the estate. It takes about 35 minutes to get into Jervis from there on it. I think the 54A or 56A goes there too from town, probably takes about the same amount of time.

Yup! The Luas is in a fantastic location for you there! And it's the 56a that goes by - its not a very regular service, but if you time it right it flies into town due to the route it takes, I usually try and get it during off peak hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭liamjames1

Yup! The Luas is in a fantastic location for you there! And it's the 56a that goes by - its not a very regular service, but if you time it right it flies into town due to the route it takes, I usually try and get it during off peak hours :)

Great thanks a lot guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 impala67

millbrook lawns is a quiet area i grew up there, its close to the village bus routes to city centre that is the best area in tallaght

Advertisement