Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The burglar who uses taxis to collect him from break-ins

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

He lunged at you, didn't he?...

Lunged is good should all use that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Just terrible that one person will have been let commit so many crimes. The amount of suffering just this guy must have produced. And he hasn't a whit of remorse or empathy of course, just his skewed up Robin Hood schtick (don't sh(t where you eat, or steal from the elderly).

He's had a hard life alright, but there must come a time where we stop giving people like this chances. There is no hope for him, but at least if he was out of the way he wouldn't be able to inflict any more pain on society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Just terrible that one person will have been let commit so many crimes. The amount of suffering just this guy must have produced. And he hasn't a whit of remorse or empathy of course, just his skewed up Robin Hood schtick (don't sh(t where you eat, or steal from the elderly).

He's had a hard life alright, but there must come a time where we stop giving people like this chances. There is no hope for him, but at least if he was out of the way he wouldn't be able to inflict any more pain on society.

How do you know there is no hope for him? I see guys like that turn things around often enough. We also don't know what is going on in his mind.

In order to live a life like that you have to push down things like remorse oor empathy; but that does not mean they are not there, in my experience they are, but you cannot spend your days robbing with that in the front of your mind.

Thankfully we can't lock people up for the rest of there lifes. The real question should be how can we punish him the next time he is caught, punish him but at the same time try move him towards rehab. It's up to him whether he takes the steps needed; but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be trying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Odysseus wrote: »
    How do you know there is no hope for him? I see guys like that turn things around often enough. We also don't know what is going on in his mind.

In order to live a life like that you have to push down things like remorse oor empathy; but that does not mean they are not there, in my experience they are, but you cannot spend your days robbing with that in the front of your mind.

Thankfully we can't lock people up for the rest of there lifes. The real question should be how can we punish him the next time he is caught, punish him but at the same time try move him towards rehab. It's up to him whether he takes the steps needed; but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be trying.

200 convictions maybe when he has a walking stick and a further 200 convictions he may change and remember its 200 convictions he was caught over now only god and himself know how many other things he has done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I like the way they publish his helpful tips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

benwavner wrote: »
    He's a quick witted probelm solver, we could use a guy like him in Gubbermint.

Dunno, bolded part kinda sounds the opposite of what the Irish goverment does.

3rdDegree wrote: »
    In Ireland its 300 strikes and you're out.

I thought in the Irish legal system it was 300 strikes and ya get a stern "Come on now, cut that out lads" talking to.

As for punishment, bring back the stocks! Have em locked up for an hour or two a week during their sentances, a little stall selling tomatos or water ballons full of what ever ya like. Be a nice little earner for the state, every little helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I agree. For minor crimes i think they should get two options. Prison time or communify service. They get to choose. If we could make the community service something where they would learn skills too, that would be a benefit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Thankfully we can't lock people up for the rest of there lifes.

Sure we barely lock them up as is.

Advertisement