Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QCA query

• 21-08-2012 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi guys

im about to start my 4th, and final, year. my current QCA is 2.47, i have 5 subjects per semester next year each having a 30 credit values each, if i could manage to get a B1 in all of them how much would my QCA go up by? maths was never my strong point so if someone could help it would be greatly appreciated!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Behind You

If the QCA works the same as UL. B1 is a 3.2 QCA. If you get B1 in everything, your Average QCA will be 3.2 for that year.

2.47 isn't a bad QCA.

I don't know how QCA works with year in UCC but in UL. 1st year QCA doesn't count, the second year and third year add up to 50% and 4th year is 50%. If it is the same in UCC and the average of 2nd and 3rd year is 2.47 and 4th year is 3.2 your QCA will be 2.84. I would still do the maths because I just did that calculation in like 2 mins.

That is a good QCA to pass with. I myself have passed 1st year and will start 2nd year in Sept and I have a QCA of 3.15 for the year. Too bad it's going to be wiped come second year!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I don't think there is QCA in UCC afaik - so OP is this the correct university you posted in??

Advertisement