Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toronto, Montreal, Niagra Falls

Options
  • 21-08-2012 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Thinking of doing this in October (maybe spring time would be better).

Would a week be too little for this? Say if I arrived on a Monday, spend Monday and Tuesday in Toronto, head down to Niagra on the Wednesday, stay the night, head to Montreal on the Thursday and Friday, back to Toronto on the Saturday and fly back on the Sunday or Monday for example.
    Or would it be better to arrive in Montreal > Niagra > Toronto > Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

*** Moving from defunct US/ Canada Travel forum to newly created Canada forum ***

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I've done this trip. A week is grand. You don't need to stay in Niagara Falls as it is really close to Toronto. You could see the falls in half a day from Toronto. The city of Niagara Falls itself isn't terribly interesting. You could make a day trip of going to Niagara Falls and seeing some vineyards as the Niagara region is also Canadian wine country. Try some ice wine. I'm not really into wine but I enjoyed visiting a vineyard. The town of Niagara on the Lake is a lovely little town to spend an hour or two in as well. Montreal is a lovely city, go climb Mount Royal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Cool, Spring time it is! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Florentina

seachto7 wrote: »
    Cool, Spring time it is! :)

How do you define spring? ;)

The spring flowers don't start arriving in Toronto, Montreal, and Niagara Falls until May-June at the earliest! Any time earlier and that region is ugly with snowmelt and brown landscapes. October is far lovelier with all the autumn foliage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

I've done this trip. A week is grand. You don't need to stay in Niagara Falls as it is really close to Toronto. You could see the falls in half a day from Toronto. The city of Niagara Falls itself isn't terribly interesting. You could make a day trip of going to Niagara Falls and seeing some vineyards as the Niagara region is also Canadian wine country. Try some ice wine. I'm not really into wine but I enjoyed visiting a vineyard. The town of Niagara on the Lake is a lovely little town to spend an hour or two in as well. Montreal is a lovely city, go climb Mount Royal.

i totally agree, i would not spend a night in niagra, do a dy trip and go back spend the night in toronto.

defo better to start in montreal anyway as you have to go back through toronto to get to montreal otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

cool, I reckon I'll do it maybe next April....

Advertisement