Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sma comfort-advice pls

Options
  • 21-08-2012 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Girls need advice...
    I've a 7wk old ds...he needs help poo-ing because he really struggles he will do the very odd 1 on his own, I'm doin the whole brown sugar in water, I hav him on I facial and gripe wAter as well...he's on hungrier baby food since 4wks doc told me its ok I'm thinking of putting him on comfort food... Any advice???? Never had this prob with dd who was on hungrier food at 4wks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

My little girl is 6 weeks old and really does not poo either: She's been put on something by docs for it: without it she was only going once every 5ish days and it was really upsetting her.

I found rubbing her belly and bicycling her legs used help when she was upset, and now a bath relaxes her too. She was getting 1 bottle of formula a day (she's breastfed) and the PHN reccomended the Comfort food for her: it didn't really make a huge difference to be honest, but then she wasn't even taking 3 oz a day of it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Talk to your PHN she will have good free advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

My little boy was the same and he was easily a year old before he stopped crying uncontrollability trying to do poos and with wind, we did all the usual sugar and water, cycling the legs, warm baths, rubbing the back, trips to the doctors, gripe water, and it was just down to an immature digestive system the older they get the better it works and its just something that happens and they do grow out of it...Do however go speak to your GP and or PHN they can give you reassurance and pamphlets to help you and if there is anything seriously wrong above what is normal then they are the people to go to, but for your peace of mind go have a chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

Thanks a mill back in 2wks defogonna say it

Advertisement