Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Brom Home

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Mactard wrote: »
    I'm gonna back AVB, hope levy does too.

I am going to give him time and more games and see where we are at, but I have to say I have a bad feeling about the whole situation. I so hope my gut feeling is wrong.

I dont believe for a minute that AVB will be gone by xmas, but if he is then he will be joined by Levy himself surely. If AvB doesnt work out then it will set us back years and all the progress of recent seasons will have been for nothing.

But personnally I think its way too soon for all that. Get used to the inconsistent results and frustrating petformances lads 'cos its gonna take time for the AVB revolution to take hold. Lets see where we are at xmas.

But is there going to be an "AVB revolution"? I mean what proof is there that he has the credentials to succeed in the Premier league. Now I am not going to be knee jerk and think being knee jerk is silly, but I just out of interest want to know why some on here are so sure that a revolution is in place?

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Harsh.You reckon the manager hasn't a clue what he's talking about, fair enough chief, give him a little longer than 2 games and lets see if he can change your mind.

Well all I can say is Chelsea last season looked shambolic in defence and in the last 15 yesterday we looked all over the place aswell. Again I will say that I am going to see what happens over the next 3 or 4 games before I judge him completley.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Lets hope you're completely wrong and are overreacting for no reason :D

Mactard wrote: »
    Lets hope you're completely wrong and are overreacting for no reason :D

Lets hope :D. We are well used to this anyway now as Spurs fans, never easy hey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Well all I can say is Chelsea last season looked shambolic in defence and in the last 15 yesterday we looked all over the place aswell. Again I will say that I am going to see what happens over the next 3 or 4 games before I judge him completley.

Does he not deserve more than 5 or 6 games before he is judged and deemed good enough or not ?

I believe in him. He needs to get a couple of players in, which he feels will fit in to his system. I agree we looked all over the place at the back at times, but give him time. He done very well with Porto, and was shafted at Chelsea by the owner and players, so that's all we can judge him on to date. But he has worked with some very good manager/coaches over the last few years and I just feel he has the credentials to move us forward.

p.s. Can't understand the Livermore bashing.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Does he not deserve more than 5 or 6 games before he is judged and deemed good enough or not ?

I believe in him. He needs to get a couple of players in, which he feels will fit in to his system. I agree we looked all over the place at the back at times, but give him time. He done very well with Porto, and was shafted at Chelsea by the owner and players, so that's all we can judge him on to date. But he has worked with some very good manager/coaches over the last few years and I just feel he has the credentials to move us forward.

p.s. Can't understand the Livermore bashing.

Yeah you are right Hatch. I agree my comments are a bit knee jerk, just venting my frustrations after my trip to the lane yesterday :)

On the Livermore thing, he did what he was supposed to do very well i reckon. Its not his fault AVB used him and Sandro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Yeah you are right Hatch. I agree my comments are a bit knee jerk, just venting my frustrations after my trip to the lane yesterday :)

On the Livermore thing, he did what he was supposed to do very well i reckon. Its not his fault AVB used him and Sandro.

Listen mate, I'd probably be the same if I had paid to go over yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

BERBA wrote: »
    was at the game today.

Playing 2 holding midfielders is so frustrating. Livermore isn't a spurs players. I'm backing AVB, i think he'll get it right. Love to see the back of VDV , the bloke just doesn't track back.

1 point more than we had this time last season, big week this week , we need to get at least 3 players in the door.

Onwards and upwards.

come on berba :confused: he was our second attacker yesterday and his through balls for bale and lennon created almost all our chances!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

keane=cock wrote: »
    come on berba :confused: he was our second attacker yesterday and his through balls for bale and lennon created almost all our chances!

i don't doubt he some player to see a pass but looking at him for 90 minutes yday he doesnt track back and he's not good for the system AVB wants to play with only one striker. He's not a workhorse he's a luxury , wouldn't surprise me if AVB willing to let him go this week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Just a couple of comments with regards to some of the above.

Firstly what's an AVB revolution. This guy won Portugal and the Europa league. Would you give Steve Mclaren the job. He won the dutch league and almost won the Europa with boro. The simple answer is you wouldn't your shiote.

Secondly. why do people believe that 5 or 6 more games are going to improve the situation. We had a good lump of last year to see that he's a useless communicator. A season on and we are seeing the start of his same mistakes again. Our team yesterday was a mess, end off. No fitness issues, no players inferior to the opposition, no personality clashes. Infact from a tactical view point we started very well. It's once the whistle was sounded to start the game that it all fell down. Every time he changes something we look worse not better. Sound familiar. If not then ask any chelsea fan.

Lastly we are with in touching distance of continuous CL football. It's one think to get rid of arry because you don't trust him to deliver that every year and you have a proven world class manager lined up to replace him. It's another to let an amateur who's already failed spectacularly in England at the highest level before at the job.

I hope I'm wrong, I'll be only delighted to eat humble pie but I really fear that this is a veryvwrong appointment. My most negative Outlook in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Just a couple of comments with regards to some of the above.

Firstly what's an AVB revolution. This guy won Portugal and the Europa league. Would you give Steve Mclaren the job. He won the dutch league and almost won the Europa with boro. The simple answer is you wouldn't your shiote.

Secondly. why do people believe that 5 or 6 more games are going to improve the situation. We had a good lump of last year to see that he's a useless communicator. A season on and we are seeing the start of his same mistakes again. Our team yesterday was a mess, end off. No fitness issues, no players inferior to the opposition, no personality clashes. Infact from a tactical view point we started very well. It's once the whistle was sounded to start the game that it all fell down. Every time he changes something we look worse not better. Sound familiar. If not then ask any chelsea fan.

Lastly we are with in touching distance of continuous CL football. It's one think to get rid of arry because you don't trust him to deliver that every year and you have a proven world class manager lined up to replace him. It's another to let an amateur who's already failed spectacularly in England at the highest level before at the job.

I hope I'm wrong, I'll be only delighted to eat humble pie but I really fear that this is a veryvwrong appointment. My most negative Outlook in a long time.

oh balls you're right :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Lads, it was only last week that alot of us where mightily impressed with some of our performace at newcastle. Yestetday was poor but next week we could destroy norwich. Who knows. If we are as bad as yesterday in each of the next 3 games then thats when its time to panic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Look folks, we have one more point than we had this time last year. Lets not get excited until we offload the spoilt child and see who we're getting in. We're unsettled and are going to be until we find out feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Look folks, we have one more point than we had this time last year. Lets not get excited until we offload the spoilt child and see who we're getting in. We're unsettled and are going to be until we find out feet.

If you compare apples with apples then we are 3 points worse off than last season

We drew Newcastle away and beat WBA both times

Comparing these two games to united and city is pointless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

mickman wrote: »
    If you compare apples with apples then we are 3 points worse off than last season

We drew Newcastle away and beat WBA both times

Always the pessimist aren't you ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I agree, it's too early for such comparisons...we're just gonna have to compare one full season to the last ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

pointless doing that because if we beat norwich next saturday we will have the same return for these 3 games as we had last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Ir's pointless comparing last seasons results to this seasons, absolutely pointless... HR was in the job since 2008 and had a settled group of players... AVB has no such luxury...

Great to hear BAE commenting how 'cool' the manager is and of looking forward to playing for him because he uses tactics (crazy concept)....

For me, progress will be judged on September 29th when we head to Old Trafford for what used to be Harry's bi-annual offering of three points on a plate to his old mate whiskey nose...

In the meantime, have some faith....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

More than willing to give AVB a chance, some knee jerk reactions on here to say the least. If anything I'm more frustrated with Levys ability to get deals sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement