Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a loan - stat

Options
  • 21-08-2012 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi guys...

Here's the situation. From Cork, living in Dub. Recently, my dad was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and as a result, I've been trying to move home (unsuccessfully - no work)

Anyway, I've been managing without a car in Dub but now need one to travel home at weekends & in case something happens.

(Getting to the point now)...

I'm with AIB. Have an overdraft of €600 that I live in, almost finished paying a previous loan (120 quid left) and paying down my credit card too. (540 left). Applied for a loan - answer was no. Given my history, I'm not surprised, but in saying that, I'm 24, earning 40K per year and they can see that I've paid my previous loan and am making an effort.

Can anyone advise me on any banks/financial institutions that I should look at contacting to get a loan? Would be looking for 5k over 4/5 years.

Who's lending these days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Most banks are lending but only to the right people. Try another bank or a credit union but in fairness as you say you are living in your overdraft which always looks bad and presumably no savings if living on your overdraft, earning €40k a year but no savings to show and in debt elsewhere is a bad sign to a bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Hey, I know its not idea but clear the loan and the CC and stay out of your OD and based on your salary you will get a loan.
    Intouch9 wrote: »
    Hi guys...

Here's the situation. From Cork, living in Dub. Recently, my dad was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and as a result, I've been trying to move home (unsuccessfully - no work)

Anyway, I've been managing without a car in Dub but now need one to travel home at weekends & in case something happens.

(Getting to the point now)...

I'm with AIB. Have an overdraft of €600 that I live in, almost finished paying a previous loan (120 quid left) and paying down my credit card too. (540 left). Applied for a loan - answer was no. Given my history, I'm not surprised, but in saying that, I'm 24, earning 40K per year and they can see that I've paid my previous loan and am making an effort.

Can anyone advise me on any banks/financial institutions that I should look at contacting to get a loan? Would be looking for 5k over 4/5 years.

Who's lending these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 hwfs.ie

I agree with Chris, the main problems that people are not getting loans is that they are living in the overdraft. if you cleared your Loan, Credit Card & Overdraft you would have a better chance of getting a loan.

Advertisement