Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music/Studio Space

Options
  • 21-08-2012 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi
    Would anyone know of a good space in or around Waterford to rent for a music project? Obviously residential areas aren't really suitable.
    Been looking at some of the business parks but a mix of too much and too big !
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Waterford
    Ruby Studios - Tycor Business Centre, Waterford
    Phone: Alex on 086 2054637

Alpha Sounds - Raglan road, tramore.
    Contact alphasounds@eircom.net

These are the only 2 dedicated places I know of, (although I'm not sure about the second). If you try Ruby Studios and that's the wrong number let me know, Alex might have changed it again.

I'm in Ruby Studios myself and to be honest I can't really recommend it for the cost. There's five of us so it's not too bad and it's convenient for us so we stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Adyx wrote: »
    Waterford

These are the only 2 dedicated places I know of, (although I'm not sure about the second). If you try Ruby Studios and that's the wrong number let me know, Alex might have changed it again.

I'm in Ruby Studios myself and to be honest I can't really recommend it for the cost. There's five of us so it's not too bad and it's convenient for us so we stay.
    Ruby in tycor? Is that the dute( however ya spell it) factory.?
    If its that place I heard its alright but know a few dopes that go to the (band flats) and they are just arseholes.
    Sorry if I'm getting mixed up with places.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 yankadi

Waterford

Cheers thanks for that, the only thing as you say is cost, it's more something I'm looking to set up myself for classes etc.
    For a big place it's a bit of a needle in a haystack...

Ruby in tycor? Is that the dute( however ya spell it) factory.?
    If its that place I heard its alright but know a few dopes that go to the (band flats) and they are just arseholes.
    Sorry if I'm getting mixed up with places.
    Yeah that's it. I don't know how you spell it either. :P It's grand really but Alex is never around any more and there's a few lads up there that just seem to use it for drinking and leave their rubbish all over the place. Alex cleaned out a lot of rubbish months ago and they have it destroyed again already. I won't even mention the toilet.
    yankadi wrote: »
    Cheers thanks for that, the only thing as you say is cost, it's more something I'm looking to set up myself for classes etc.
    For a big place it's a bit of a needle in a haystack...
    Ah it wouldn't be the best place for that kind of thing. We did go looking for somewhere else a couple of years ago and like yourself we had no luck. There's nowhere really suitable in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

It can sometimes be easier to rent a reasonably acceptable office space and kit it out with your own gear. That's what I've been doing on and off for a few years when the need arises.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Do you know the WCFE they have a new studio setup its in the industrial estate across from phil grimes pub. All new gear only done a few months ago Im told they will use it for classes and rent it out aswell. I have no idea who you'd go to about it though :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

PM sent.

Kieran.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

Doylers wrote: »
    Do you know the WCFE they have a new studio setup its in the industrial estate across from phil grimes pub. All new gear only done a few months ago Im told they will use it for classes and rent it out aswell. I have no idea who you'd go to about it though :(
    Are they renting it out? I was under the impression it was for the college's use only. It's a pretty nice set-up they have in there, would actually be a waste if they didn't rent it out. In fact, I think it's a bit better than WIT's studio, unless you have to have ProTools.

Thanks for that, WCFE & WIT can be kind of "fussy" with space though, it's a pity really that there isn't more access for lets say "the arts" , I know artists who can't get any space and as for music...! I remember a main property letting agent once showing me a place on Tramore Rd and laughing himself back into the car when I told him... yep it was celtic tiger time and yep he'd a pink shirt ;)

It's a big city with lots of empty spaces at the moment.. ok Ind Estates aren't exactly creative hotspots... but amazing what a bit of the right energy can do!

Are they renting it out? I was under the impression it was for the college's use only. It's a pretty nice set-up they have in there, would actually be a waste if they didn't rent it out. In fact, I think it's a bit better than WIT's studio, unless you have to have ProTools.

Well one of the fellas setting it up showed me around and said it was going to be rented out, he looks after all the techy stuff in WCFE and is a lecturer aswell so I assume what he said is true

• Advertisement

Doylers wrote: »
    Well one of the fellas setting it up showed me around and said it was going to be rented out, he looks after all the techy stuff in WCFE and is a lecturer aswell so I assume what he said is true
    Are they going to be renting studio or rehearsal space or both?

yankadi wrote: »
    Are they going to be renting studio or rehearsal space or both?

I dont know to be honest

Advertisement