Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State Of Decay

124»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Not bad. Definitely recommend the controller for now though. The mouse panning is crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Well picked this up.

Loving it so far but can see it being a 'playthrough only once' type of game.

Would love some incentive to replay. (Is there any?)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Well picked this up.

Loving it so far but can see it being a 'playthrough only once' type of game.

Would love some incentive to replay. (Is there any?)

The minor in-game events are dynamic and variable at least, so a replay wouldn't be a strict re-run of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Spear wrote: »
    The minor in-game events are dynamic and variable at least, so a replay wouldn't be a strict re-run of it.

Adding unlockable difficulty modes would probably do me.

Ramping up zombies, less weapons, more darkness >:D

A 'Run or Die' mode of sorts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I thought they added some sort of survival mode ? Haven't been back to it myself so can't confirm that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was tempted to get but ill wait now I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Any improvement in performance over the xbox version? I stopped playing due to god awful frame rate on the console.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How do you build outposts?

Think I'm gonna have to start again,I've 6 people missing lol and infestations popping up everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

To update on my previous question, the PC version is a massive improvement. I couldn't stomach the crappy performance on the xbox but completed the game on the PC. Game of the year for me last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

You have to clear out a building, make sure it's all clear, then if you press Q (I Think?) it gives you a few options. Click the Outpost option and the building you are in becomes an outpost.
    quarryman wrote: »
    To update on my previous question, the PC version is a massive improvement. I couldn't stomach the crappy performance on the xbox but completed the game on the PC. Game of the year for me last year.

I agree, it's a great game and a great zombie survival game at that. My only gripe is that once you have a good base then that's all there is to the game. They said that the future State of Decay games will include multiplayer so that will make it awesome with alot more fresh replayability ideas.

quarryman wrote: »

Only started playing last week but its definitely a contender for goty for me, its really addictive.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

In a chosen building, open the radio menu, and there'll be an option to build an outpost for a cost in influence.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Got this earlier today, looking forward to giving it a go

Advertisement