Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you a morning person

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

ruthloss wrote: »

Lovely just lovely :) everyone should just join in & sing it :p

I've no problem getting up early, just don't try and talk to me in the morning or you'll get glared at

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭celticcrash

Rigor mortis is bad in the morning. Stiff sore headaches and neck spasams.
    I think its my low blood pressure that causes this.
    Zombie mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I'm up at 6.30 am on weekdays. More often than not, I've showered and prepared my work clothes the night before, so it's just a matter of getting dressed, wolfing down some cereal, brush teeth and heading out for work at 8. I'm in zombieland until I have a strong coffee, so not the best company.

This morning was different, I stayed up late last night watching a Family Guy marathon on the Sky+ and fell asleep in front of the telly, only to wake up at 1 am. Then having to get up at 6.30, shower and wonder what to wear, only to get into work and realise I've left my mobile phone at home. ARSE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Big change in the tone of this thread from around 6am onwards, smiling, singing etc...:D

I wonder if those getting up later would arise with a similar joie de vivre expressed by those of us who awake early with such exuberance and life. :D:D:D
    The day is half gone for me now, nearly time for lunch. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 OnlyMessin

Feckin morning people with yere positive outlook on life and whatnot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I'm only just going to bed as we speak. But then I did just finished work in the last hour after an 12 hour shift.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I've ate some eggs. Might go back to bed for a snooze.

Enjoy work suckers

/cuddles pillow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I'm ok in the mornings. I put my alarm in the corner of my room so I have to get up to turn it off. Once its off, I put on my socks, and once my socks are on, there's no falling back to sleep.

However, once I get to work, I do nothing but talk absolute gibberish for the first half hour. Once I've had my porridge and tea, I'm perfect

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Yes, I am. :D

I do volunteer work and choose the 6-8am time slot as I prefer to be up early and get it done. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I prefer to sleep till after noon, but I can adjust pretty well. General morning is a few snooze buttons, into the shower, quick breakfast then out the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

I'm sh1te at getting up, but once I'm up I love mornings, especially sunny mornings like today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

Not too bad these days. Used to feel angry when woken from my slumber but I'm mellowing with age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I am kind-of a morning person, but it only works when my sleep cycle is correctly set for it. I'm not a morning person after just 4 hours sleep, as you can imagine. I've had some early mornings for work purposes recently, and it's taken some time to adjust, but it's getting there now.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

It usually takes me up to an hour to wake up n get out of bed... its sad...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I eat my breakfast before I go to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I swear im gonna choke somebody in this office if they dont start being quiet and let me do my work :mad:

.........no i'm not a morning person :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

A night owl or a morning lark.

I shoot morning larks.

I am a night person and always was, my heart doesn't start till noon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I love to sleep, it is one of my favourite hobbies. I am a sloth. I much prefer to stay up late and sleep until later on in the morning. Unfortunately my OH is the complete opposite and she likes to go to bed early and get up early so I'm in that pattern now and I don't mind it. I don't like getting up early but I'm never grumpy and once I'm out of bed I'm usually in a good mood and quite chatty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Unless I have a raging pisshorn hangover I am usually out of bed by 9.30am at the latest. There is no way I could sleep til early afternoon anymore, not sure how I did it as a teenager tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

bluewolf wrote: »
    I've no problem getting up early, just don't try and talk to me in the morning or you'll get glared at
    Same. I hop out of bed no bother – but human interaction? No way, not for at least an hour and a half. Preferably three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

kfallon wrote: »
    Unless I have a raging pisshorn hangover I am usually out of bed by 9.30am at the latest. There is no way I could sleep til early afternoon anymore, not sure how I did it as a teenager tbh!

I lost that lie in ability to, once I am awake I am awake and there is no getting back to sleep.

I miss it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I'm ok in the mornings. I put my alarm in the corner of my room so I have to get up to turn it off. Once its off, I put on my socks, and once my socks are on, there's no falling back to sleep.

And do you shower with your socks on?

Colmustard wrote: »
    I lost that lie in ability to, once I am awake I am awake and there is no getting back to sleep.

I miss it.

Na it's good to get up and be productive, I find sleeping in til noon or so a waste of a day off!

Like you OP I have to roll out of bed, into my clothes and out the door, usually wake up somewhere near the bus stop. Hit the snooze for half an hour usually, during which time my brain goes through every single avenue of possibility and bartering to be allowed to stay in bed. Was handy when I used to play Farmville, I would deliberately plant crops that would wither if I didn't get out of bed and boot up the PC to harvest them. That's sad, but true!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Always get up between 7 and 8, i live close to Cratloe Woods so i do the 10 km walk most mornings you couldn't ask for a better way of starting the day.

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Attraction_Review-g1055394-d216458-Reviews-Cratloe_Woods-Cratloe_County_Clare.html

cruiser178 wrote: »
    Always get up between 7 and 8, i live close to Cratloe Woods so i do the 10 km walk most mornings you couldn't ask for a better way of starting the day.

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Attraction_Review-g1055394-d216458-Reviews-Cratloe_Woods-Cratloe_County_Clare.html

Getting the ride ;)

:pac:

I'm definitely not a morning person, I literally cant function for the day if I have to get up before 8am and I usually don't get up until nearly 9 (or later thanks to fairly flexible working hours). I shower etc the night before so just get up and straight out the door, I eat breakfast at my desk etc as any second I can spare for extra time in bed I do. I have to set 3 alarms in the morning too a couple of minutes apart as I will easily turn one or two off in my sleep usually 3 does the trick but lately I have started setting 4 as I have woken up late having turned off all 3 alarms in my sleep.

When I'm off I immediately revert to my comfortable pattern of going to bed around 3am and up around 11am or later and on weekends unless I've a reason to be up its rarely I will move out of bed until early afternoon. I mightn't even be asleep but I can happily lie in bed awake for hours.

The only exception I have is for playing golf as early in the morning is the nicest time to play.

Getting the ride ;)

God help any fella who tries it on with me in the morning.

Unless I'm still drunk from the night before. Then it's all systems go :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Getting the ride ;)

Done and dusted before the walk :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Halfpan

I wouldn't say I'm too bad in the mornings to be honest. I don't mind getting up early. The tiredness from an early start usually wouldn't set in until later in the day for me.
    When I was in college, the heating in our apartment was fairly dodgy so the early morning starts in the winter were a bit of a disaster really.
    Regardless of whether I have to be up or not, I can very rarely sleep past half 10 anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

cruiser178 wrote: »

Nice for some

I've ate some eggs. Might go back to bed for a snooze.

Enjoy work suckers

/cuddles pillow
    Not all of us get up early for work reasons, I'm awake and up 365 days a year at 5am even if (within reason) having gone to sleep late, my father was exactly the same, (thought my brother would sleep all day if he could), I guess it's just in some people.
    The only "problem" I find is watching telly or being in the pub (though there is an app for that ;)), as around 10pm the eyes are really starting to close and I begin shutting down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

maybe I'm getting old but i Love mornings. Things look and feel so different at around 6 in the morning when most people are in bed. Its the most energetic time of the day and I love walking by the water early morning and then heading in for a coffee on the way home.

Being a morning person has A LOT to do with what you eat - eat stooge, white processed foods, and takeaway and its impossible to be a morning person.

if you eat more healthily you will soon know what its like to be a morning person.

maybe I'm getting old but i Love mornings. Things look and feel so different at around 6 in the morning when most people are in bed.
    On average we tend to get the best weather too.
    It's great having a few hours morning sunshine (which I often spend at the beach with my dogs, ahh the joy :)) before it starts to cloud up as the day wears on, the poor ole' sleepyheads then miss all that and moan about the lack of sunshine they get. He he he......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

And do you shower with your socks on?
    I always shower the evening before as I do most exercise (gym, soccer, jogging) at evening time. Also prefer to enter a clean bed while clean, so the bed stays cleaner for longer.

Ooh, as someone else said, 9:30 on a day off is more than a sleep in for me. Even if I didn't go to bed til 4, I just can't sleep in. When I was younger, my parents would struggle to get me up for school, yet I was always up at 7 for Saturday morning cartoons. In this respect, I haven't really changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Morning all! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Yes, I am. :D

I do volunteer work and choose the 6-8am time slot as I prefer to be up early and get it done. :)

I know someone who works for Dublin Bus and one of his duties is to open the depot at 4:30 twice a week. He often does it more than that as his co-workers hate going in early and swap shifts with him. They'd rather work longer shifts than get up early - the first shift is from 4:30 to 9:00.

I'm very much a morning person. I guess it came from growing up near the Equator where it's normal to start the day early to escape the fierce heat of the sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

I hate mornings, its no wonder it sound similar to mourning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement