Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cao help please?!

• 22-08-2012 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I have completed the leavingcert and done rather well, however i dont have a language is there a chance i could take up one for a year and keep my points?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 SarahMc0

Gaa123 wrote: »
    I have completed the leavingcert and done rather well, however i dont have a language is there a chance i could take up one for a year and keep my points?

Yes, you can take your points from one year and entry requirements from another year, as long as you're not doing medicine. You should be able to just do your language this year and sit the exam next June, and then do your course. Hope this helps! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Gaa123

So i can that this years points sit french next june and your allowed do that? Can you redirect me to a cao link or something please thanks, your help is appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I don't have a link, but you definitely can do that, yes. :) It's why people are able to drop English/Irish/maths if they pass them the first time around.

I want to keep all my subjects grades and next year do french as the only subject and keep my points.... ? Thanks

Yes, you can do that.

• Advertisement

So say i got 520 this year and couldnt do buisness in tcd, all i have to do is take up french ordinary level at home in september study it really hard and take the exam in june, then i can use last years points and get in to uni thanks guys

Gaa123 wrote: »
    So say i got 520 this year and couldnt do buisness in tcd, all i have to do is take up french ordinary level at home in september study it really hard and take the exam in june, then i can use last years points and get in to uni thanks guys
    Yeah, as long as you meet the points in one sitting. The matriculation requirements can be met separately, but you need to get all your points in one go.

Thanks!

Advertisement