Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unnecessary irritating noises people make

• 22-08-2012 1:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭

It grinds my gears.

I really despise those that make that hizzing sort of sound through their teeth every now and again, tapping fingers is another one!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Doesn't bother me, seems quite petty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

It grinds my gears.

I really despise those that make that hizzing sort of sound through their teeth every now and again!

Calm down dear

*smacks lips while eating banana*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Whistling. I want to drive my fist through the abdomen of those who whistle constantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭strokeslover

It's so annoying, especially when I work in an office with multiple serial offenders!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Whistling. I want to drive my fist through the abdomen of those who whistle constantly.

I whistle all the time :D It makes me happy. I'm horrible at singing and brilliant at whistling so I like to spare people the horror of listening to my voice :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Ted!

Oh I can't stand it, bastards.
    At a movie the other night and this guy kept clearing his sinus by snorting.
    It sounded like like a pig being mounted by a man with a giant strap on.

I lived next door to a perverted farmer, okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Fr Jessup

People who slurp tea like a pig

Oh I know that feeling!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lisandro

Grunting/throat-clearing. I cannot think of a more vulgar and abrasive noise that could come from the vocal chords. I swear people who make that noise are the scum of the Earth.

Oh, and don't get me started on people who click their fingers. Do you actually think I enjoy your loud, annoying broadcast of the fact you've discovered basic rhythm?

Edit: And I especially hate people who chew with their mouths open for all to hear. Is it really too much to ask that you just eat your bloody food quietly like a normal person?

People who blow bubbles with chewing gum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BOF666

I've been told that my snoring can be slightly irritating...

Doesn't bother me though! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

Some of the people I work with when they talk.

BOF666 wrote: »
    I've been told that my snoring can be slightly irritating...

Doesn't bother me though! :D

I pity the poor souls who had to endure that! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BOF666

I pity the poor souls who had to endure that! :pac:

You lasted 3 weeks without any sleep cos of it, and you're still standing! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

The HOMNUH HOMNUH HOMNUH noise some people make when biting a few chunks out of an apple, followed by a gasp. Wrecks my head.

BOF666 wrote: »
    You lasted 3 weeks without any sleep cos of it, and you're still standing! :p

And we can still hear you from Melbourne! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

The audible groan mods make when I start a new thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Where To wrote: »
    The audible groan mods make when I start a new thread.

No no no. Ive a better one.

The audible groan when you think Boards looks like facebork.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

People that are heavy breathers.. as in they have no idea how to breath quietly :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Some Yoke wrote: »
    The HOMNUH HOMNUH HOMNUH noise some people make when biting a few chunks out of an apple, followed by a gasp. Wrecks my head.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Not necessarily a noise, but those who cant sit in silence for more than 30 seconds without talking or humming or something like that :mad:

My dad eating drives me mad actually. Unnecessary lip smacking and finger licking. Led to a few arguments in me youth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Pen clickers. OMFG I want to get up, snatch it off them and drive it straight into their temple. Repetitive clicking noises drive me mental for some reason. They just induce psychosis in me, and I don't know why.

Also people tapping their ring against the bars on the bus. I would like to garotte them.

And anyone hawking to spit. I wouldn't make that noise in my own home, it just appalls me the amount of scummers who will do it on Grafton St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I work with a bloke who mumbles utter nonsense. You ask him something that should have a one sentence answer and you get several minutes of mumbling about who knows what he's saying.

I usually assume he's talking to himself and walk away. (I think he actually is).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I'm usually pretty relaxed about bodily noises, but I can't abide people scratching or rubbing their eyes, which produces this blood curdling squelchy noise; I'm also a bit squeamish about eyes.

Tea slurping doesn't really bother me, but I don't understand why they do it. If it's too hot, why are you drinking it? You're only going to burn your tongue & be left without taste buds for the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

The noise of someone hawking up phlegm followed by the slapping noise said phlegm makes as it hits the footpath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

You all seem to have some real issues in your lives.

Having said that, the noise of someone eating chewing gum with their mouth open is unforgiveable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Knew a lot of people who would come into the room and do this:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

And anyone hawking to spit. I wouldn't make that noise in my own home, it just appalls me the amount of scummers who will do it on Grafton St.

That turns my stomach.. it's absolutely revolting. Also: I'm a pen clicker... bahahahaha.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Some Yoke wrote: »

Used to work with a guy who would eat apples at his desk in a matter of seconds. It sounded like a horse was demolishing the apple...he'd just keep chomping away until the whole thing was gone *shudder*

He was also asthmatic and seemed to have sinus problems...so the loud chomping was always accompanied by noisy breathing through his mouth between bites. CHOMP :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

People that are heavy breathers.. as in they have no idea how to breath quietly :mad:

Damn, I thought it was your missus who answered the phone.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Chewing gum loudly - I pass them off as retarded.
    People who whistle - I always carry a brick in my pocket so I can smash there mush in.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fif

OMFG
    people who chew chewing gum with mouth open
    people who hawk and spit
    people who listen to headphones at desk beside me in work and drum fingers constantly
    people who eat crisps with mouth open
    people

I have no issues...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

sheldon cooper lol it is annoying though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Sighing and tut-tutting does it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Slurping, belching, making noise with crisp packets, spitting popcorn kennels all over the place, licking chocolate from the finger tips (after taking ages to eat a chocolate bar), biting into tea cakes...

...I'm fussy, am I :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Thanks to someone on the bus this morning - listening to someone texting when they have their keytones turned ON :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Someone was sitting in the seat in front of me on the bus, and their earphones were so loud i could listen to the song myself.

Hate what to think its doin to the fellas eardrums. Unnecessarily loud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Tuneless bad 'postman style' whistling.

Cracking knuckles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭barry711

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

I absolutely hate the way some people heavy breathe through their noses while they chew.

It's the in - out - in - out, one step below snorting noise. Jesus Christ - just SHUT UP!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

Someone was sitting in the seat in front of me on the bus, and their earphones were so loud i could listen to the song myself.

Hate what to think its doin to the fellas eardrums. Unnecessarily loud

that was prob me :D what bus was it on haha
    i love loud music :P
    i nearly get dizzy after i take them out its that loud cant hear atin for about 5 minutes afterwards ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

People who blow bubbles with chewing gum

This, so much this :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

i used to sit beside a guy at a computer class all day and his fecking nose had a little whistling noise everytime he breathed out EVERYDAY FOR SIX MONTHS! drove me daft but you couldnt say anything to the man, he obviously had a problem with his sinus's

Advertisement