Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hillbillys Fried Chicken Coming To Galway

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

another chipper is just what Galway needs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Nothing thinly veiled with this. I live across the road from a Chic-Fil-A and live a 5 minute drive from a Chipotle. Good thing about Chic is they use peanut oil to fry the chicken too. Also I would call Chipotle fast food but then I call Subway fast food too. Almost the same setup as a Subway only with much better food and usually for me works out cheaper!

I like Chipotle but I'd be more into places like Five Guys, In-N-Out, Red Robin and Outback

Five guys do a serious burger.

Me and 3 friends went in and made the mistake or ordering burger and a regular fries each..

One fries between the 3 of us would have been plenty!

I'm not gone on red robin myself but in-and-out is noice.

I've only ever eaten Chipotle in the store, so in my head it's a sit down place :P

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

donkey fords and chicken hut move outta limerick and open in galway....then i would get excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Raaad

http://torchystacos.com/

Most epic fast food in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

dan hibiki wrote: »
    donkey fords and chicken hut move outta limerick and open in galway....then i would get excited!

Ooh Donkey Fords mmh! Even the old Kranks would be nice.
    We need Buddys Bar and Tom Collins's up here too. Even The Parkway to complete the Sunday session (or Teds to start it off).
    Those were the days.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I have not been in a fast food joint since 2005. I feel so un-galwegian.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

snubbleste wrote: »
    I have not been in a fast food joint since 2005. I feel so un-galwegian.

The first step on the road to recovery is admitting that you have a problem. We'll get you back on the snackboxes in no time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The first step on the road to recovery is admitting that you have a problem. We'll get you back on the snackboxes in no time.
    I've already tried, even following signs and counting steps to Supermacs. No go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

this town seems to be obsessed with junk food,

anyway, my opinion is, if we have to have a chip shop on every corner, then get rid of all these "chain" chip shops (maybe with the exception of supremac's ) and bring back the Independent chippers that you had in the 70/80's, where you could get a bahhered sausage, a bahher burger, and you could watch it all being cooked over the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

this town seems to be obsessed with junk food,

anyway, my opinion is, if we have to have a chip shop on every corner, then get rid of all these "chain" chip shops (maybe with the exception of supremac's ) and bring back the Independent chippers that you had in the 70/80's, where you could get a bahhered sausage, a bahher burger, and you could watch it all being cooked over the counter.

but why do you want to beat the crap out of your food again. I mean isn't it dead enough?:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

antoobrien wrote: »
    but why do you want to beat the crap out of your food again. I mean isn't it dead enough?:p

it would hide the unsavory anemic look of what you are eating. You could pretend the batter is hiding a lovely chunk of fresh atlantic cod, instead of a concoction of flavorings held together by gummy "meat". :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I liked the place in letterkenny, but I'm desperate for that kind of chicken and KFC isnt enough and too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

this town seems to be obsessed with junk food.

I'll take junk food over junkies any day of the week. Viva la Galweeeeehh!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Any news about this place opening up yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hillbillys-Fried-Chicken/178925922124797
    26 June
    Just to let you know that we are one step further to opening in Galway. We have received planning permission for a restaurant in Eyres Square in Galway city. We are now considering our options. We will let you know the next move. Thanks to everyone for their support and best wishes on the news.

http://galwayindependent.com/20130703/business/15-jobs-to-be-created-by-fried-chicken-restaurant-S20417.html

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

When Supermac's got permission to open on Cross Street, there was an instruction that it was 'eat in' only. That didn't work out too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Hi just wondering if anyone's eaten here yet what ye think ? Also is it getting much of a crowd after nights out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Over-rated, but wouldn't go as far as calling it total muck as it's a chipper at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

There's no executive chef there, so I'd also imagine it depends greatly on who is in the kitchen at the time. As they have all new staff some will be better than others.

SimpsonsTeen.jpg

Even when they are all trained up, some will do a good job and some will do a lousy job. The only way to guarantee a great experience each time is to consume enough alcohol not to notice.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Do they still have the offer two snackboxes for the price of one on Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Their chicken is unreal to be fair - but I went to get some Sat night at around 3am and was heartbroken to see it was closed..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

wprathead wrote: »
    Their chicken is unreal to be fair - but I went to get some Sat night at around 3am and was heartbroken to see it was closed..

Hope you never get dumped if the lack of a snack box has that effect on you!

I know it's a chicken place, but do they do anything veggie? My eyes aren't the best so I can't read the menu display thingy from outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Hope you never get dumped if the lack of a snack box has that effect on you!

I know it's a chicken place, but do they do anything veggie? My eyes aren't the best so I can't read the menu display thingy from outside.

Taco fries, coleslaw and onion rings? And ice cream!

http://hillbillysfriedchicken.com/OurMenu.aspx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement