Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spit Roast Pig

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

what are you using to fuel that fire? is it turf i see in the photos

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

lookitsme wrote: »
    what are you using to fuel that fire? is it turf i see in the photos

Turf and timber.

i do like the smell of a turf fire,

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

Did you not eat the ears/cheeks/head too ? The ears are lovely when crispy. I wonder what the pig nose is like...

Definitely going to be doing this at the next birthday/bar mitzvah if the weather is good. Cheers for the pics !

ASJ112 wrote: »
    Did you not eat the ears/cheeks/head too ? The ears are lovely when crispy. I wonder what the pig nose is like...

Definitely going to be doing this at the next birthday/bar mitzvah if the weather is good. Cheers for the pics !

might not be to many takers for a spit roast pork at the average bar mitzvah

• Advertisement

ASJ112 wrote: »

We ate the ears as the night moved on, very crispie alright.
    The trotters contain a suprisingly large amount of meat too!
    I removed the head, cheeks and temple meat but no-one would eat them, I was too full myself (food and drink) to contemplate it.

how many people did it take to devour the beast

lookitsme wrote: »
    how many people did it take to devour the beast

We fed 80. Everyone had as much as they could eat, most peole had seconds, some had thirds, some just grazed on it for the night. By the end there was still enough meat left to feed another 40 I would think. It was 45kg dead weight. We had him on Sunday too and for lunch Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

How much was the pig?

That's some great value for one cook regardless of the cost!

I go him fairly cheap off of a friend but I think they are around €120 which is great value considering the masses it fed!

• Advertisement
Advertisement