Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't know what to do now...

• 22-08-2012 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

So, I got an offer for this course. It does look good enough like, it's Communications in Creative Multimedia. I do have an interest in video and photography, but I don't have much experience with it and I'm afraid that it's a course for people who are already designing websites and know a lot about Creative Media already. It's really far from home too and I'm terrified I'll move there and be sitting in the classes and thinking I absolutely hate this or be totally lost. I got a PLC course but I can't afford the materials for it. Originally, I wanted to do a PLC course to get into something I actually want to do that I don't have the points for but I didn't have enough experience they said. I'm just totally lost and feeling very anxious. I also have already taken one year out so another one isn't an option. I need to start doing something.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭toc2012

you should never have applied for a course you weren't happy to be offered, going to college for the sake of going to college doesn't work, I'v been there a few times, I'm returning this year as a mature student, I worked for a few years while I decided what I wanted to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I think you should try to speak to the College and see if they could provide someone to give you advice as to whether the course would be 'too difficult' for you. I don't know if Colleges provide such a service, but surely it's in their interest not to have people commencing and then dropping out?

The fact that you got offered the course shows you've got some aptitude, surely.

I'm sorry to hear that you find that the materials required for the PLC are too expensive - that's making me angry, to be honest, the fact that a course is provided but then the cost of stuff is prohibitive.

I think the advice given by the person above is very useful - I hope you get something sorted out soon - if you can find someone to talk to it can only be helpful.

I'll be praying for you and wish you success!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Thophder

I'd reakon you'd be thought from stratch on how the course and stuff work... I'm entering my last year of school now and hopefully i'll earn my primary course (Game Design) and surely they couldn't expect you to be perfect at first... Atleast that's what i hope :p

Call up the college and just inquire with them whats the deal with it and do they think it could be too difficult for you.

All the best.

Advertisement