Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unbeatable

Options
  • 22-08-2012 3:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

I am.

At Street Fighter 2 Champion (Or Turbo) Edition

How can I prove it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

dave3004 wrote: »
    I am.

How can I prove it?

Um, play Chunkis:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I am.

How can I prove it?

Finally someone who is good at the game. We need to stream a match between this guy and the best player here. Should be an epic match!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Hur hur hurr. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

If you're in Melbourne it might be quite difficult to prove that you're better than all of us at it. :pac:

If you're in Ireland, I'll happily play SF2 with anybody anytime, though I'm not quite sure what version you want to play. By far the most popular is Super Street Fighter II: Turbo which is the only one I know how to play really.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

By turbo I think he means hyper fighting. That was its name on the SNES, wasn't it?

Anyway, I dunno if I got what it takes to go 1 on 1 with the great one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Was SF2 on the SNES not CE? Or at least closest to CE. The megadrive version was more like hyper fighting (**** game).

Best bet to prove yourself is to fly to japan and play the other best players. We could fly in Ken Bogard and get him and Nuki to commentary. It'll be beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I am.

How can I prove it?

Did you win the RAGE tournament?

Orim wrote: »
    Was SF2 on the SNES not CE? Or at least closest to CE. The megadrive version was more like hyper fighting (**** game).

Best bet to prove yourself is to fly to japan and play the other best players. We could fly in Ken Bogard and get him and Nuki to commentary. It'll be beast.

Both games had both hyper and CE modes (it needed to be unlocked on the SNES), however the Megadrive version allowed CE to be played at different speeds. Fun fact!

I could be wrong but the MD release was called Special Champion Edition and the SNES Street Fighter 2 turbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Whats a snes?

• Advertisement

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Whats a snes?

Remember that console that taught you kicks should be on top?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Whats a console?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

SNES Street Fighter II' Turbo had CE available from the start. It was called Normal, with Hyper Fighting being called Turbo.

Special Champion Edition on Mega Drive also had both available from the start.

Neither had kicks on top by default, but three button Mega Drive pad owners did have to switch between punches and kicks by pressing start.

Hyper Fighting is the best SFII game and the OP is not unbeatable.

My HF Blanka is unbeatable.

Ask bourke or anyone who has faced my SUPER-SEKRIT TACTICS.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Upball, upball, upball, upball...

SNES Street Fighter II' Turbo had CE available from the start. It was called Normal, with Hyper Fighting being called Turbo.

Special Champion Edition on Mega Drive also had both available from the start.

Neither had kicks on top by default, but three button Mega Drive pad owners did have to switch between punches and kicks by pressing start.

Copypasta error, the speeds for hyper fighting needed to be unlocked above 4or 5 on SNES, and the champ speeds needed to be unlocked on the MD.

Hyper fighting is the better game but I played CE in the arcades more so that has a special place for me.

Upball, upball, upball, upball...

I don't need no stinking special moves! :rolleyes:

Advertisement