Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student loans

Options
  • 22-08-2012 4:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

I know nothing of banking or the sort, so excuse me if this sounds absolutely ridiculous and foolish but,

I was just wondering if it was possible to get a loan but then delay the repayments for a set amount of time ?

As in if you need to pay college fees / rent for the year or something like that but aren't currently working/don't yet have a job(but are looking!) but still wouldn't be able to commit to paying x amount every month or something along those lines would this be possible/are there loans like this available from the banks/financial institutions in Ireland ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

That's how it works in the North and UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

That's how it works in the North and UK.

But it's not possible here no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

aaabbbb wrote: »
    But it's not possible here no ?

Wasn't when I asked. My wages were enough so didn't have that problem. If you're at a private college like DBS there is no mechanism for a loan/support and Bank of Ireland didn't offer the type of loan you asked about.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ralphding23

What banks have people been successful with in securing a loan?

Advertisement