Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music video production

Options
  • 22-08-2012 4:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Anyone in Dublin got some experience, looking to create a video for a song I created (freestyle) and need a camera guy, 2-3 mins roughly, couple cool retro clips, little edit, worth a good 50-100€ also credits for the video aswell so some youtube promotion.

Hit me up if anyones interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭godfrey

Are you serious? €50-100?
    What an insult...

g

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

I'll supply 2 - 3 mins camera time for that figure, with little edit and I'm sure a vintage clothing store may have a couple of cool retro (hair) clips ;):D

Seriously, you'll not get anybody with experience for the quoted budget. You'll need a camera operator for a little longer than 2 - 3 minutes to shoot a music video, even if the camera person also directs the project...

OP you genuienly need advice on the project then you'll get it here if you ask for it.

It is possible that the OP believes that a music video can be made for the available budget, and I'm quite sure that it can be done for that amount too, but not by a person with the experience required to present and promote the song and artist to the best possible advantage.

However I feel the mistake may lie in the OP thinking that someone experienced in the field may sell their expertese for such an amount. In the current economy all pricing is under review but there is still a bottom line that needs to be met by professionals. The OP may get someone to do them a favour for the budget on offer but this is an outside possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 getpopped

Tactical wrote: »
    The OP may get someone to do them a favour for the budget on offer but this is an outside possibility.

^

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Hope it worked out for you OP. And regardless of the price quoted, at least you offered to pay.

For future reference, I recommend holding off on quoting amounts until you receive interest from people. At least that way, you have a better chance of meeting interested people and explaining your idea and budget. If people feel it's a waste of time, then fair enough but if you have the opportunity to explain the potential of your project first, then most people will consider the budget quoted.

Plus, provide more information on what you hope to achieve with your project. Music videos take a lot of planning, and if you have a low budget then a lot of work will need to be done on your part. A 2-3 min video can take between an hour to a few days, depending on how you want the final project to look and feel. This might sound a bit drastic in your case but it is something to consider, especially with our amazing weather here.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭W0LFMAN

getpopped wrote: »
    Anyone in Dublin got some experience, looking to create a video for a song I created (freestyle) and need a camera guy, 2-3 mins roughly, couple cool retro clips, little edit, worth a good 50-100€ also credits for the video aswell so some youtube promotion.

Hit me up if anyones interested.

Do you happen to have the song already loaded onto youtube?

Link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

Do you have an idea for the video and a copy of the song?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Pro level camera=€1000-€13000
    Pro level editing suite=€600 - €2500

But the real cost is a persons time, 2 - 3 minutes of video can take days if your doing it right. Nobody wants to puts days of work in for €50.

Advertisement