Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North carpark Bray seafront - parking charge from Sept 1st

• 22-08-2012 7:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

I noticed the sign this morning - a daily charge of €3 will apply from the 1st of September in the north carpark on Bray seafront.

Edited to add: The hourly charge is 30c per hour

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

runrabbit wrote: »
    I noticed the sign this morning - a daily charge of €3 will apply from the 1st of September in the north carpark on Bray seafront.
    thats not good,i always loved leaving the dublin ferry in the early hrs of the morning,driving down to bray,parking up,walking the dog down the front ,then walking into town and having a breakfast,before driving down to gorey to pick up my holiday cottage, may have to find another place to stop off

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

There is an hourly charge also but I can't remember what it was; I was selfishly focused on the daily charge and how much extra it's going to cost me in a year!

There is an hourly charge also but I can't remember what it was; I was selfishly focused on the daily charge and how much extra it's going to cost me in a year!
    may be worth checking out if there is a private car park in the area that you can get a carparking season ticket,it will be a lot cheaper,

getz wrote: »
    may be worth checking out if there is a private car park in the area that you can get a carparking season ticket,it will be a lot cheaper,

Yes I'll be considering my options over the next couple of weeks and hopefully this thread may throw up some suggestions.

Does anyone know how safe the bike parking is at Bray Station? I would consider cycling a few days a week to cut back on costs but I have quite a decent bike and I don't know if it would be worth the risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

getz wrote: »

Yes I'll be considering my options over the next couple of weeks and hopefully this thread may throw up some suggestions.

Does anyone know how safe the bike parking is at Bray Station? I would consider cycling a few days a week to cut back on costs but I have quite a decent bike and I don't know if it would be worth the risk.
    Go in and ask at the bray bowl...they do yearly deals on underground carparking.might be worth a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

30 cent an hour-which isn't a lot but it is annoying that we now have to pay for parking to make use of the beach.

Splendour wrote: »
    30 cent an hour-which isn't a lot but it is annoying that we now have to pay for parking to make use of the beach.

Thanks I've added that to my OP for clarity. I agree it's quite reasonable if you are only parking for an hour or two but it's more the hassle of it. I wonder is it a Mon-Fri charge or will it apply at weekends too?

allways a chance that one of the bray boardies who lives in the town centre will let you leave your bike in their yard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

The station is safe if you have a decent lock. My lock was cut through last year and if it wasn't for the quick action by the staff at the station who stopped yer man as he lifted the bike over the railings to get it onto the DART, the bike would have disappeared.

Apparently, Aldi or Lidl were selling bolt cutters which were small and fitted up one's sleeve according to the guys at the bike shop.

Get a decent lock and you'll be fine I'd say or get a cheap second hand bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 cllrmcmanus

Hi All

Quick bit of info about the parking charges on the seafront.

North car park
    This now operates in the same manner as the other car parks in the town, but with a reduced hourly/daily charge. The applicable hours for the car park are 7AM-7PM (Mon-Sat) with an hourly charge of 30c and a daily charge of €3.

Strand Road from Martello Tce to Albert Avenue
    This section is now 12-hour parking from 7AM to 7PM (Mon-Fri) for 30c per hour or €3 per day.

Strand Road from Albert Avenue to Fontenoy Tce
    This section is now 3-hour parking from 7AM to 7PM (Mon-Fri) for30c per hour.

• Advertisement

You know, if the carpark spaces were angled, it would allow for the central area to be used for parking without any difficulty.... just saying.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

This really isn't such a bad thing. The argument that it's unfortunate that people now have to pay for parking for the beach is irrelevant, as that car park was always full in the morning with commuters, not beach goers. Now people visiting the beach can park up and at an extremely reasonable rate.

Good thinking about the angled parking btw.

Lahinch charges €4 for the day or €1 an hour... and there are no commuters there, only beach goers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

gavinjc wrote: »
    This really isn't such a bad thing. The argument that it's unfortunate that people now have to pay for parking for the beach is irrelevant, as that car park was always full in the morning with commuters, not beach goers. Now people visiting the beach can park up and at an extremely reasonable rate.

Good thinking about the angled parking btw.

I don't know if it will stop commuters from parking there though-they have to park somewhere and according to cllrmcmanus they're going to charge for saturdays too. There's no need for that as I imagine the majority of people parking are non commuters.

Advertisement