Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

log book nowhere after 2 weeks

• 22-08-2012 8:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

i would like to ask you for some tips.

i bought a bike 2 weeks a go. i paid the money and we signed the log book. not my first time. i also made high resolution pics of logbook after the signing so i have it as backup and i went home as the sellers father is post man and i have been told he is gona take/post it following day. so the story is that now 2 weeks later Shannon has no recorx about our fransaction and i am pissed off. seller is answering my calls and text grand but i need the logbook asap.

so is there anything we can do? like go together to tax office and sign any kind of agreement about the change? or can anyone point me out what will be the quickest way to deal with this?

i am pissed of because i have a buyer already for that bike, but he aint gonna pay me or wait for ages - without me having log book.

thanks

and yes i am checking motortax website for update and i also called shannon. they have no record/no log book.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well, at least you know there was a logbook as you have a digital copy of the book. It does usually take 2-3 weeks to get it through Shannon TBH. But them saying they have no record is odd, if I was you I would get the seller to get a duplicate NOW and start the process again while you wait.

There are many a buyer out there that will still buy the bike Ed even with no logbook if you explain you bought it recently and there is a backlog (not your problem then) but not nice at the same time. Seller should have registered the logbook when he sent it, if he sent it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well, at least you know there was a logbook as you have a digital copy of the book. It does usually take 2-3 weeks to get it through Shannon TBH. But them saying you they have no record is odd, if I was you I would get the seller to get a duplicate NOW and start the process again while you wait.

There are many a buyer out there that will still buy the bike Ed even with no logbook if you explain you bought it recently and there is a backlog (not your problem then) but not nice at the same time. Seller should have registered the logbook when he sent it, if he sent it....

yeh thats what i though so. i am gonna wait untill end of this week and then i will push the seller to make a duplicate and i will send the logbook with him in person. but thats gonna take month together or so.

is there a form that we can sign and shannon can issue ghe logbook straight on my name?

thanks Gary for respond.

See what the local copshop says Ed, they might have a form in there.

At least no speeding tickets in the meantime :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

Same thing happened to my boyfriend, they tried to say they had no record of it, and he told them he had it registered and had the name of the person who signed for it, and then they were like 'oh, ive just found it, blah blah blah'. There's a delay atm because people are on holidays and they havent filed their work properly.

Pipz wrote: »
    Same thing happened to my boyfriend, they tried to say they had no record of it, and he told them he had it registered and had the name of the person who signed for it, and then they were like 'oh, ive just found it, blah blah blah'. There's a delay atm because people are on holidays and they havent filed their work properly.

i sold 6 bikes in last 3 months. it never took more then 5 days for shannon to register it. even the day i sign thisone i sold my exbike and i posted the logbook and the new owner already has it at home. so this is fail of seller either not posting it at all, or posting it to wrong address. thanks God i have the pictures.

because you never know, he could get replacement of logbook and then report bike stolen.

• Advertisement

update - shannon got the book on 21/08 saying that seller send it late. so i am happy and niw its gonna take only few more days to recieve it.
    so my rule nr1 never believe in anybody. i was in panic but if the seller says truth the first time, nothing would happend.

thank you guys

Dont be getting so stressed Ed, more important things in life mate. Are you meeting up with the band of merry men (in a non gay way :D ) on Sunday for a spin?

Would love to see the baby ninja ;)

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Dont be getting so stressed Ed, more important things in life mate. Are you meeting up with the band of merry men (in a non gay way :D ) on Sunday for a spin?

Would love to see the baby ninja ;)

haha mate... ninja sold already long time a go. got diff bike. she is for sale. once sold i will let you know what i am getting - i have few bikes in spot. but i cant be on the road untill then. wife is in spain and i have to baby sit my small dog. haha

so once i will buy a new member in d garage i will let you know and then i should join your sunday spin with no hassle.

thanks

Advertisement