Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tractor Mower problem..

Options
  • 22-08-2012 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hope this is the correct forum...

Have a Castel twincut 16/102h tractor mower. A few weeks ago whilst cutting the grass it appeared to stop cutting. Noise level (from the deck area) went down. Engine running fine.

Just checking it out yesterday it looks to me that with the the deck at it's highest cut level (7) the blades are rotating, albeit maybe at a slower speed than 'normal'. As the deck is lowered to other settings the blades rotate steadily more slowly until, perhaps at about level 3, they stop.

Any thoughts as to what may be happening here. Mower is about two years old.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,607 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Are the belts all ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Juantorena

NIMAN wrote: »
    Are the belts all ok?

Yeah, belts seem fine (to my eyes anyway). Could the deck drive belt need renewing after two years (site is 1.5 acres)?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,607 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sorry no expert, only mentioned the belt as mine went and sound of mower was different when running.

Might be worth a call out charge from your local tool hire centre or servicing centre to give it the once-over.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Juantorena

Only thing I noticed was the bracket which connects the deck to the chassis (allowing the deck to deflect up and down as it goes over rough ground) was...well...disconnected on one side. The bracket was raised high enough to be rubbing along the deck belt. Perhaps this prematurely wore out the belt....?

Advertisement