Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New tattoo reaction, possible eczema?

Options
  • 22-08-2012 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hey all, sorry for starting a new thread on this but I had a quick search of the forum and I couldn't find an answer to my question.

Ok so, I am currently in the process of getting a full colour sleeve done on my arm. I have pretty much the full outline done, and a little bit of colour. In all, about 10 hours out of a probable 25 plus. Had my first sitting 3 weeks ago where I got a complete outline done for the tat, and went back last week to start on colour & shading on the lower half of my arm.
    Now my problem is I have broken out in a massive rash on the upper part of my arm, even tho it was healed up nicely from from the session a few weeks previous. I'm pretty sure its eczema brought on from the ink, even tho I've never suffered from it in my life.

Anywho, I know I can't ask for medical advice on here and will probably have to end up going to a Dermatologist, but I just wanted to know if anyone else had any previous experiences like this, and if so how did you get on. What creams did you use, and were you able to keep tattooing.

Cheers..

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭piercingdanny

It's probably not from the ink itself but more likely from the aftercare cream you've been using. What have you used?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

Thanks for the replies guys. Sorry, I had completely forgotten that I post this up here.
    Anyway, a combination of Sudocrem and E45 seems to have done the trick. It definitely just a mild reaction to the ink. All sorted now, so its all systems go again :D

Thanks again!

Advertisement