Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats with keneallys buses

Options
  • 22-08-2012 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

Can anyone shed some light as to why keneallys buses are continually upto 1/2 an hour late these days, the Quay roundabout is causing some issues, but there shiouldnt be a delay of that much. Is there anything going on over in Ferrybank etc.

Was on a Keneallys bus yesterday and a guy got on and told the driver not to pull off until 3 o clock for some reason, the driver thought that they were one bus down but your man said no, the driver then said that he was behind another keneallys bus that should have been 20 mins ahead of him on the timeteable but was in fact 20 mins behind schedule

Very strange

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I saw 2 stuck at the roadworks on the dunmore rd at 4ish yesterday, thats never a good sign, usually 1 just stays at a stop until the next one is due.
    Going from newtown to the tower has been a nightmare for the last few weeks too, i've gone a different route, but the bus has no choice.
    Also i was waiting for a bus from the hospital to town at 10.10pm last saturday until i realised that bus doesnt run anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

Also noticed this, very inconvenient....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

This is going on for a long time not just recently. The service is very unreliable and not just to do with road works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

deisemum wrote: »
    This is going on for a long time not just recently. The service is very unreliable and not just to do with road works.

Yeah, totally agree. I used Kenneallys Bus regularly about 3-4 years ago and it was very poor for time-keeping then too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭cbl593h

I say bring back Mikey Doyle and Paddy McGuinness and a black TSB bus on a hot day :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48073612@N04/5469634360/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

We were put on the bus in Ferrybank and brought to run around in the countryside... in Ballygunner!

Its a brilliant route and a life line for anyone using a wheelchair / buggy, but pretty usless for workers or anyone who needs to keep time.

Advertisement