Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisco EPC 2425 UPC router - cant connect

• 22-08-2012 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi,

We were using this router in our old house and it worked fine.

However since turning on the router in the new house (without even connecting it to the upc cable), I can't connect to the router on any computer using wireless or lan cable.

All the lights blink at once and then go off for about 10 seconds and then all blink again. The ssid appears on my list of available networks but when I go to connect it keeps saying "identifying".

I put the wrong power supply in when I first turned it on but it was a 9V / 800mA charger (this router uses 12V/1A) so I doubt it would have fried it. Is the above, symptoms of a fried router though?

any advice would be great.

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Try factory resetting it? Do this by holding the reset button in the back in for about 10 seconds.

Advertisement