Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTML EGG

Options
  • 22-08-2012 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here has used this handy website making app?

http://www.htmlegg.com/

If so, what host are you using to publish your site?

I've found it simple to use and has given me exactly what I want. I've two sites to publish and just want to see who's the best to go with?

I see from reviews online that its not exactly the best way to design a website but its cheaper than hiring someone.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

If you are happy with uploading the site your self just pick a reasonably well known company, if your target market is Ireland pick an Irish one. You generally get what you pay for, if you get a "cheap" hosting then you generally have to pay more for essential extras, like email facilities etc.

If it is for a personal site ok, if for a business that software produces a website that is as much use as brake pads made by a 10 year old out of lego.

If you are a business with any kind of image you would probably be better off not doing it at all.
    Visitors will judge your business, unfairly or not, by the first impression of your site, if it is **** they will infer your whole business is as well.

If you value a website that little, just put up the equivalent of an extended business card, it will reserve your domain name, give your contact details, list your services, and give you personalised email addresses.

One of the best things about those diy website design sites is that the SEO is that bad they are rarely seen by anybody but the creator.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Hi,

Thanks for that. The site is for business reason however its only basic information thats mainly need, no need for any interactive bit etc.
    At most 3-4 pages and thats it, links to social networking is there as my customer base is mainly FB active, the site is just a cherry on top.

I do agree that if its ****e you'll get rated on that, best thing i can see is to keep it very simple.

I've looked at letshost for hosting etc, seems to tick all the boxes for me.

Thanks for your input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Having checked out their Website Showcases, I would advise you to run a mile. SEO is non-existent and the quality of the under the bonnet output is very poor.

A word to the wise: hosting talk is not allowed around these parts.

Another word to the wise: don't skimp on investing in your web presence.

Advertisement