Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Topdeals.ie - Serious Problems

• 22-08-2012 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hello,

I hope this is the correct forum.

I just wanted to warn everybody about topdeals.ie. I ordered an item from them a month ago and still not have received it.

I have emailed a few times and only one response and none to any further emails.

In addition in their T&C's they say they are registered in Ireland under company number 47218 (http://topdeals.ie/articles/terms) If you go to http://www.cro.ie/search/CompanySearch.aspx and search that number the results are a business dissolved in 2003.

Does anybody have a phone number for them. They refuse to answer emails and I now question will I ever get my product.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,025 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Moved to Consumer Issues

• Registered Users Posts: 32 stiofandebrun

I was able to view the site this morning - on my Paypal account the company is registered as Bulk Elec Distribution Ltd .

I have opened a claim with Paypal to get my money back.

If anybody has a phone number please do let me know, I am pretty furious at their unprofessional attitude etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

I was able to view the site this morning - on my Paypal account the company is registered as Bulk Elec Distribution Ltd .

I have opened a claim with Paypal to get my money back.

If anybody has a phone number please do let me know, I am pretty furious at their unprofessional attitude etc.

Can I ask what you bought from them??

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rachael88

Hi, I have had the same issue with trying to get a contact number. I ordered to iphone armbands over a month ago and delivery was described as 7-10 working days. if anyone knows of a contact number please let me know I am beyond frustrated at this point!!

• Advertisement

rachael88 wrote: »
    Hi, I have had the same issue with trying to get a contact number. I ordered to iphone armbands over a month ago and delivery was described as 7-10 working days. if anyone knows of a contact number please let me know I am beyond frustrated at this point!!

That is exactly what I bought! Beyond Frustrated is right.

Pack of jokers.

That is exactly what I bought! Beyond Frustrated is right.

Pack of jokers.

seriously what can we do about this I've searched the web and cant get any details on them?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TopDeals

Our sincerest apologies to anyone who has been affected by delivery issues from TopDeals, unfortunately a supplier of ours went bankrupt last week and left us with a number of outstanding orders. We are now working through our order list and issueing refunds to all orders left undelivered.

If you have been affected by this please email the following details to admin@topdeals.ie and we will refund your purchase straight away.

Name
    Item purchased
    Date of purchase

TopDeals wrote: »
    Our sincerest apologies to anyone who has been affected by delivery issues from TopDeals, unfortunately a supplier of ours went bankrupt last week and left us with a number of outstanding orders. We are now working through our order list and issueing refunds to all orders left undelivered.

If you have been affected by this please email the following details to [EMAIL="admin@topdeals.ie"]admin@topdeals.ie[/EMAIL] and we will refund your purchase straight away.

Name
    Item purchased
    Date of purchase

This is a disgrace I have emailed you several times to no response and I also emailed the email u have no supplied and it came back as undeliverable?

Rachel, please adivse the item you purchased and the date of purchase?

• Advertisement

Rachel, please adivse the item you purchased and the date of purchase?

I have sent u another email about this I have purchased two iPhone arm bands on the 23 of July so I'm curious if they only went out of business last week how does this affected me when it should be been delivered weeks ago? Also an explanation on why none of my previous emails were returned would be common courtesy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

If you have been affected by this please email the following details to admin@topdeals.ie and we will refund your purchase straight away.

Name
    Item purchased
    Date of purchase

For everyone involved can you please also specify the correct company registration number as the one quoted 47218 is clearly not correct?

Peanut2011 - This information will be updated on the webite

Rachel88 - A full refund has now been sent, again our apologies for the delay.

Any further queries please revert to admin@topdeals.ie or sales@topdeals.ie

And yet still no apology for the complete lack of customer service? Also will be making it aware to anyone I know to not use your site, I tried to email again and got another undeliverable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

TopDeals Thank you for taking the time to register and comment here to help people. However, I must ask that you do not post again until your identity has been verified. (i.e. that you are indeed the company that you claim to represent).

Please contact the Boards Admin team via reps@boards.ie for more information on the verification process.

Why are you contacting people like Rachel and I through boards.ie?? I emailed on 3 occasions and never received a reply and now this.

Pack of jokers with no professionalism at all. Not the way to run a small business. Still no reply to email, disgrace.

And Rachel had very good question? Why no item from item ordered in July and you claim supplier went bankrupt?? Shoddy

They have now just removed the company number from their website - so I ask what is the company number and why was it taken down and not replaced with the proper number.

Too shady.

The website have a large backlog of emails and refunds to get through due to the supplier issue, yours and everyone elses email will be responded to. We are in the process of getting a new CRO number and this will displayed on the website asap. Finally, your refund has been issued and again we apologise sincerely for any inconvenience caused.

The website have a large backlog of emails and refunds to get through due to the supplier issue, yours and everyone elses email will be responded to. We are in the process of getting a new CRO number and this will displayed on the website asap. Finally, your refund has been issued and again we apologise sincerely for any inconvenience caused.

Terrible customer service. I ordered my item on July 24th with a stated 5 - 10 working days delivery time.

- I emailed you on August 8th and you replied on August 8th stating that "Your order has been sent this week." Inferring that it had been sent. You now know this is not the case - why did you lie on the email??????

- I emailed on August 13th - No reply

- I emailed on August 22nd - No reply

- I emailed on August 23rd - No reply

Do you think this is good customer service?

Please respond to my questions in an accurate manner.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I hate to turn this into a witch hunt but a search for your company name on cro returns no details. So you can understand peoples suspicion about you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - Please note that TopDeals have been requested not to post again until their account has been verified.

In return please do not harass them until they have a chance to return and present their arguments.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kilty_lad

Just want to add my voice to the growing list of disgruntled customers. I made my order on 31st July for a 64GB USB. A couple of days later, I logged into the website where the item was stated as 'Shipped'.

After the 7-10 days, my order still hadn't arrived so I sent a message via the contact form and to sales@topdeals.ie. And again, last week I sent another email. I have yet to receive any response to any of my queries.

This level of customer service is appalling and I would strongly discourage anybody from using this company again. If this company were serious about their business, they would have done their utmost to at least inform customers that their would be a delay rather than being left in the dark and given the further headache of having to get our money refunded

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nanif

I also would like to throw my name into the ring. I ordered a Bluetooth handsfree kit for my car, while delivery was only a few days over what was promised, when I received the item I was highly disappointed. Firstly it was shipped from China which means to me that Topdeals are dropshipping some if not all of their deals. Secondly, the volume on the device was so low that it was inaudible unless there was complete silence, even then you would need it beside your ear to hear it properly. After complaining to them directly I never received any response from them.
    I think they are very unprofessional and I also want people to be aware of their less than desirable practices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Hi All,
    Sorry to drag up an old thread, but has anyone been updated or had any further dealings with Topdeals.ie? I'm still waiting on delivery of an item. Had I seen this thread first, I wouldn't have bothered buying. I've opened a dispute with PayPal directly. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Cheers,

DC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Just a quick update. After opening the PayPal dispute, I was issued a refund straight away. Apparently, the item was 'in transit' to the supplier but was delayed.

Very poor service, but I got my money back.

DC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭eorpach

Shocking customer service. NEVER again will I deal with the company.

Purchased on item on 27 July 2013 via Topdeals.ie which still is listed in my account area on the site as "Unshipped". No communication since, no explanation since. The company has failed to reply via their facebook page, and failed to respond via the email address quoted on the invoice.

I have made my concerns known to the Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement. At the very least, TopDeals is in breach of EU law requiring them to publish full Registered Office information clearly on their website.

STILL haven't received a refund.

I've also made a complaint.

No response from emails, no response from their facebook page.... they had a little thread on their website where you could comment on offers. After a number of complains on the thread I can see they've removed it from their site.

Also their company registration is registered to a different company.

It's been 2 months, no product and no refund and no communication, utter cowboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KnackerPants

Same Boat here...ordered 8th July, no delivery, no response !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭eorpach

Product finally arrived 5 weeks later - but still with no response from the company to my follow-up emails since ordering.

When I say "product", what arrived was a counterfeit version of an Apple iPad cover. Obviously the 'deal' indicated that I was buying an authentic product and not a fake one. Had I wanted something fake, I could have ordered it myself via eBay, for cheaper and much quicker.

I will never again have anything to do with this company.

For anybody else having problems with TopDeals.ie, the following email addresses and phone number appear on the invoice:

thehypermarket@gmail.com

+441375 383723

There is also reference to the use of eBay on the enclosed invoice. Completely shoddy.

• Advertisement

2 months and my order finally arrived.

What's very strange is it arrived from Hong Kong - I was never notified it was being shipped internationally.

I also never got a response from the company, over all it's been disgraceful considering they advise delivery could take 8-15 working days... not 60!

It's just deplorable over all, the only other company I've had this kind of problem with was a flight school which also had an endless queue of dis-satisfied customers.

However the item was of good quality and exactly as described, probably the only good thing I can say.

eorpach wrote: »
    Product finally arrived 5 weeks later - but still with no response from the company to my follow-up emails since ordering.

When I say "product", what arrived was a counterfeit version of an Apple iPad cover. Obviously the 'deal' indicated that I was buying an authentic product and not a fake one. Had I wanted something fake, I could have ordered it myself via eBay, for cheaper and much quicker.

I will never again have anything to do with this company.

For anybody else having problems with TopDeals.ie, the following email addresses and phone number appear on the invoice:

thehypermarket@gmail.com
    <snip>
    +441375 383723

There is also reference to the use of eBay on the enclosed invoice. Completely shoddy.

Advertisement