Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Options of where to move...Just looking for bit of advise

Options
  • 22-08-2012 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hey all,

Im going to leave Ireland in the next few months...Im back 2 months from a year RTW and I just want to get out of here again. Have no idea what to do here as I hated my job and basically I have no ties here really so no real reason to hang around.

Anyway...Im struggling to decide between going to NZ and doing the working holiday visa for a year or going to teach English in Colombia.

I visited both places in my RTW trip and loved both. NZ has an awesome lifestyle and Colombian people are probably the friendliest you will ever meet. Both are beautiful countries and for the most have better weather (not hard)

I guess my main dilemma is weather to take the "easier" option of moving to a English speaking, western culture or take a risk and try a totally different culture. I speak a bit of Spanish and made a few friends with a few Colombians.

Just looking for any ideas or advise ye might have from past experience or whatever.

Im thinking of tossing a coin...Diceman style

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

If it were me, I'd go to Colombia. You'll end up fluent in Spanish or at the least a very strong speaker, which will then open up a lot of doors, such as the rest of Sth America, Spain. You could even have a crack at Italy if you speak strong Spanish. It will stand to you when you want to look for a job again too, if you have another language........
    NZ is cool too though. Why not try Colombia first, then head to NZ? Or vice versa?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Batigol309

seachto7 wrote: »
    If it were me, I'd go to Colombia. You'll end up fluent in Spanish or at the least a very strong speaker, which will then open up a lot of doors, such as the rest of Sth America, Spain. You could even have a crack at Italy if you speak strong Spanish. It will stand to you when you want to look for a job again too, if you have another language........
    NZ is cool too though. Why not try Colombia first, then head to NZ? Or vice versa?

Ye I have traveled all over SA so have decent spanish...just loved the culture and people in Colombia. I guess NZ is the easier ..less risky option...then again.."no risk - no fun" :)

Ah, I see your username is Batigol......... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Batigol309

seachto7 wrote: »
    Ah, I see your username is Batigol......... :)

bati GOOOOOOOL ...my favourite player ever :D !!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭The_Poznan

A SERIOUS player lad who shamefully turned down UTD twice!!!...AAAAAh :(
    Batigol309 wrote: »
    bati GOOOOOOOL ...my favourite player ever :D !!

• Advertisement

Saw him win a scudetto for Roma in Italy......

Advertisement