Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC New line – Disappointment

• 22-08-2012 12:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭

All opinions are welcome…!

We moved from Dublin to Cork at the end of may 2011. So, we called to cancel the contract. They said on the phone that it is taken into consideration and it will be done.

But the money was taken for June and July, so we called back and they said to send an email. What we did. But, to be sure, I cancelled the direct debit for august.

Now that I want to open a new account and the Customer service agent didn’t want to hear a thing. Saying that we need to pay the last bill (87 euro) in order to open a new line! I have tried to plaid my case but nothing was heard. At that time, we have called and it was confirmed over the phone that it was taken into consideration but we had 2 direct debit without even using their services.

I understand this is our fault not seeing those direct debit before from my account but I was asking for a bit of common sense and understanding and the only thing I would remember from that call is a talking robot saying over and over the same thing. I am SO disappointed from the this behaviour and absolutely disgusted by the lack of exchange from UPC services…. As it is the only provider offering this kind of services (Bundle TV+ Phone + Broadband 100 MB), I feel like that I have no other choices than to pay this amount if I want to use the desired services :mad:. UPC needscompetitor and quick…

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Open an account with a different name and payment details?

Ie- your partners name and bank/credit card details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭Alzone

Open an account with a different name and payment details?

Ie- your partners name and bank/credit card details.

Yes, we tought about it and it didn't work. The contract was under my partner's name and the direct debit on my account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

A friend of mine has a similar problem with NTL (now UPC) years ago. If you have plenty of time and patience you could try contacting the national consumer agency (www.NCA.ie) for advice and making a complaint to Comreg.

My impression is that UPC, in these cases, will try to make it as difficult as possible for you so you just take the easy route and pay, despite this whole affair being their fault and not yours. Keep at it and they will eventiually concede but you will need time and patience!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Alzone wrote: »
    Yes, we tought about it and it didn't work. The contract was under my partner's name and the direct debit on my account.

Your name, partners account then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Would they not have let you transfer your account to the new address?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭Alzone

Your name, partners account then?
    The found my partner’s name with the phone numbers.

I made a call to the accounting team (1908) yesterday night and talked to someone there who was able to listen to my story. He said exactly the same, that my previous bill (87 euro) needed to be paid before any other line could be open… So, I explained again and we discussed the situation. After a while he put me on hold then came back to me with a deal.

Glad that this second person was there to listen and understand my previous frustration. If it happen to anyone, I’d say like @unblvlblkult, time and patience you need :o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Did you ask if they had a recording of your call? - if so they should have been able to track your call to them.

I believe it is always better to cancel in writing and ask for an acknowledgement.

Also as I and others are constantly pointing out bill payers have rights under the dd scheme.

Start here:

http://www.ipso.ie/section/section/YourRightsasaPayer

Advertisement