Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email Locked

Options
  • 22-08-2012 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi, was wondering could someone help me, apoligies about my lack of knowledge.

In work, our website and emails had been set up by a company, who owned the rights to the address. They have now disappeared and taken the rights with them.

We have applied for the rights for the address if it becomes available but it is well over a year and no sign of this happening.

Is there anyway we can get the emails diverted if they are sent to this address? Bear in mind the emails don't bounce back if you send them to this address, I just never recieve them.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

I assume you were using your own domain ( as in @company.com ). If so, who comes up when you do a whois for the domain?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Jonny303

DealerNet Software
    Edmond O Loughlin (ed@dealernetireland.com)
    Unit 1B, Industrial Park
    Cork Road
    Waterford
    ,NA
    IE
    Tel. +44.8453633630
    Fax. +44.8453633631

He is not contactable...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

That's who the domain is registered to rather than just the technical contact? I know it's a bit late, but for future reference and for others, you shouldn't have allowed that happen.

I'm not too sure where you go if that's the case. I know people have had to wait until renewal in the past. If you look up the MX record ( http://www.hashemian.com/tools/domain-email.php ) you can see where they're going to, but I'm not sure they'll be willing to work with you directly if your name isn't on the account ( although the fact that DealerNet have stopped paying their bills could factor in ... they may just let you fund that part of the account without changing any of the details for you ).

You've tried 051 642820 / 086 8110752 ? Easiest way to fix all this is to get him to transfer the domain to you, or at least give you the administrative details.

Advertisement