Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online console game modding?

• 22-08-2012 12:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

So last night I fired up TBOGT online with a friend of mine. He's never bothered going online because he said he cant find a game. (turns out he was going into player/party match).

Created a party mode game and then switched it to free roam. Of course, we ended up in the airport with about 7 other players. All doing the expected "Fire rockets at everything thats moving" thing.
    We bide our time and when some leave the north side of the airport we wait for a chopper to spawn and jump in one.

Then I notice something very strange in front of me:

scaled.php?server=819&filename=imagetcrj.jpg&res=landing
    scaled.php?server=811&filename=imageifr.jpg&res=landing

So I landed on it:

scaled.php?server=819&filename=imagewlg.jpg&res=landing

And when I notice the real word logos it hits me that these aren't just glitched, they have obviously been put into the game by someone playing.

Does anyone know how to do this? Is it easy? Is it even allowed? I assumed it was because of how it is on the PC.

After a little while of 'normal' free roam the s**t really hit the fan. These guys were spawning indestructible cars. One of which I somehow managed to get in and had great fun rallying it around with no damage being attained:
    scaled.php?server=193&filename=imagenuxv.jpg&res=landing
    scaled.php?server=259&filename=imageozqk.jpg&res=landing

This was great fun until we got close to the guy who i assume was doing the modding because I just caught fire. In the car. I couldn't get out to try and run around.

Anyone ever come across any of this before? Know how its done?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Used to be friends with a guy on xbox who did all this stuff, me and a friend just started up a game of free roam and ended up in his lobby, the madness ensued.

First thing that happened when i spawned, the host flew, yes i do mean flew like a plane, towards me on a purple air tug thingy, landed beside me and told me to get on, we then flew over the whole of liberty city before going back to the airport.

he landed, got off the airtug and started shooting the ground, everywhere one of his bullets hit a stream of fire or water would start shooting out of the ground, it was brilliant!!

About ten minuted later he turned up at the airport in a coach, told all 7 of us to get in and started flying around the map in it, i jumped out in mid air for the laugh and from then on every time i tried to get back into the coach my internet timed out, was some weird ****.

I've played with him a few other times, he spawns mental vehicles all over the airport for us, he got that helicopter with the claw on it before and he can make vehicles whatever colours he wants and all, for example i was flying a bright purple Annihalator one day.

Pity i got out of playing gta online for a while, he was a good laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I was playing the other day and a modder kept spawning
    invincible Limos and half pipes like the one you were standing on.
    Then he started making those coloured cubes from that Tetris like game that you can play. Was bizarre.

That was before I got killed by stray fire from a passing attack leer jet. :eek:

I don't know how they do it all I know is that the shennanigans and chaos can be good fun. Provided the modder isn't a dick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭kirving

It used to be ridiculously easy to mod GTA 3 on the PC. All you had to do was edit a text file with value of your own. Like "Speed = 400, Steering = 100 (instant right angle turns), Acceleration = 100 (top speed immediately)" Or along those line. Textures were just .jpeg files which you could edit in paint.

Not sure how it's done on a console but I used to have great fun on the PC years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I don't know how they do it all I know is that the shennanigans and chaos can be good fun. Provided the modder isn't a dick.

Unfortunately the guy on my game was. He had it set that you couldn't get into some cars that he spawned. A few times he would get out of one jazzed up skyline looking yolk and leave it. Suddenly everyone would flock to it trying to get into it/blow the tires or whatever. Then he would just blow it up remotely.
    It would kill everyone, which is strange because friendly fire was off, as it is most free roam games.
    He would also allow you in the car sometimes and them set you on fire.

I think someone else started spawning stuff too because at one stage someone was spinning around driving a coach which looked hillarious.
    That was good craic.

Advertisement