Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to go eat and drink midweek

Options
  • 22-08-2012 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hi! I'm leaving the country soon and have decided to go out for food/drinks with my friends in Dublin. Because of time constraints it will most likely be a Tuesday we go out. So I was wondering if any one had any suggestions on places we could go eat and drink.

There will probably be around 10 of us going out and while most of us are not really picky I have one friend who is a vegetarian and would love to find a place that had a few things she could eat as she is kinda picky, sadly a vegetarian restaurant is out of the question as I have a few male friends who don't consider it food unless its 75% meat :P. When it comes to price and place city center would be best! I would like kinda reasonably priced, a good early bird is probably ideal. However we might not be eating till 7 or half 7 as some of my friends are travelling from Newry so I know we might miss that!

Then if anyone knows pubs that have anything on on a Tuesday be great, I know it isn't a very busy night in the city and we'll probably just end up at our usual haunts or I might do the thing my friends hate and demand to be brought to places I've never been before...5 years living in that city and I still haven't been to the Capital!

So if anyone could help I'd be extremely greatful, really I just want a fun night where I can go eat chat drink and be merry with my friends!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

bradyle wrote: »
    Hi! I'm leaving the country soon and have decided to go out for food/drinks with my friends in Dublin. Because of time constraints it will most likely be a Tuesday we go out. So I was wondering if any one had any suggestions on places we could go eat and drink.

There will probably be around 10 of us going out and while most of us are not really picky I have one friend who is a vegetarian and would love to find a place that had a few things she could eat as she is kinda picky, sadly a vegetarian restaurant is out of the question as I have a few male friends who don't consider it food unless its 75% meat :P. When it comes to price and place city center would be best! I would like kinda reasonably priced, a good early bird is probably ideal. However we might not be eating till 7 or half 7 as some of my friends are travelling from Newry so I know we might miss that!

Then if anyone knows pubs that have anything on on a Tuesday be great, I know it isn't a very busy night in the city and we'll probably just end up at our usual haunts or I might do the thing my friends hate and demand to be brought to places I've never been before...5 years living in that city and I still haven't been to the Capital!

So if anyone could help I'd be extremely greatful, really I just want a fun night where I can go eat chat drink and be merry with my friends!

Against the Grain on Wexford St do a 2 for 1 on mains on a Tuesday night, its very nice and at that price can't be beaten. You'll only have 1 veggie choice though and be sure to book it or you probably won't seat 10 together. Afterwards you'll be able to enjoy all their craft beers and head over to Whelans for a late one if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Bull & Castle in Christchurch
    Against the Grain on Wexford Street
    Black Sheep on Capel Street (I'm veggie, had a lovely Butternut Squash salad there last week)
    Porterhouses do veggie burgers and pizzas (Central does anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Market Bar, pretty big for 10 of you. Tapas options should cover everyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

For post-food drinks, I was in 37 Dawson Street on a Tuesday recently and was surprised at both how busy it was and how late it was open until (still going strong when we stumbled out the door at 2am).

Advertisement