Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you running in?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tec Diver

Road running: VFF Bikilas up to HM, Asics whatever for longer, but migrating away from them

Cross country/trail: VFF KSO Treks

Gym work and short runs: VFF KSOs

Also have a pair of Gel Kayanos 17 and Mizuno Wave somethings. Gels are not used much, possibly on short recovery runs, Mizunos are retired to the garden!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Saucony Kinvara 3. Got them in November post DCM, and probably the first pair of runners I've really loved. Old pair of Asics Nimbus if I'm going off road and don't mind getting mucky.

Though neither are getting much wear at the moment, damn financial year end!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

New Balance MINIMUS 10V2 TRAIL

I just got a pair of these, they are the updated version of the original Minimus- 4mm drop, so almost barefoot. I loved the original (they allowed me run again after years of knee problems), but they have three flaws, the biggest of which is a soft spot on the sold, right where the ball of the foot is. Running on stoney trail could be very painful! Also, the heel box is quite flimsy (tough for transitions), and the strap across the front is a little tight.

All of these issues have been rectified in Mark II- the sole is tougher for trail (I'll keep the originals for road). The heelbox seems better for smashing your foot in (have to try with lock laces yet), and the front strap is looser. Running on trail tonight felt fantastic, they are perfect shoes for "barefoot" offroad. They are very light too, a great shoe for anyone who liked the original Minimus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

Kurt I have the exact same shoe and could not agree more with you on all the points. I have found bruising on the ball of my right foot and rear inner part of the heal. I have also had a lot of issues with other runners causing my right knee pain and injury. Since wearing the minimus and having a lesser heal it has encouraged a more forward strike and I have had little or no pain since. That said the bruising is confirming my strike with my right foot is off as I get no pain or bruising whatsoever with the left foot.

All in all I can train with bruising, cant train with injury. I am sure they will toughen up once properly broken in.

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    New Balance MINIMUS 10V2 TRAIL

I just got a pair of these, they are the updated version of the original Minimus- 4mm drop, so almost barefoot. I loved the original (they allowed me run again after years of knee problems), but they have three flaws, the biggest of which is a soft spot on the sold, right where the ball of the foot is. Running on stoney trail could be very painful! Also, the heel box is quite flimsy (tough for transitions), and the strap across the front is a little tight.

All of these issues have been rectified in Mark II- the sole is tougher for trail (I'll keep the originals for road). The heelbox seems better for smashing your foot in (have to try with lock laces yet), and the front strap is looser. Running on trail tonight felt fantastic, they are perfect shoes for "barefoot" offroad. They are very light too, a great shoe for anyone who liked the original Minimus.

Advertisement