Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&G Nursing

Options
  • 22-08-2012 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey! I couldn't see any other thread for the integrated nursing, so I'm just wondering if anyone else here is doing it? I just got all of the forms and stuff today (so exciting) :rolleyes: But anyway, I'm wondering if anyone who has done it before could recommend the Mater or Vincent's for placement? Apparently, anyone who goes to the Mater had a great experience, but I haven't heard of anyone going to Vincent's... :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Hey! I'm not doing the C&G nursing, just the general, but I got all my forms today and chose Vincents! It's closer to the college, and my aunts a nurse and said you get the same quality training in both, and both are excellent. I just chose it for handiness :) I can't wait to start!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 SarahMc0

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Hey! I'm not doing the C&G nursing, just the general, but I got all my forms today and chose Vincents! It's closer to the college, and my aunts a nurse and said you get the same quality training in both, and both are excellent. I just chose it for handiness :) I can't wait to start!

Yeah, I think Vincent's would be handier and quicker to get to (esp in the morning :)) But because I haven't heard of one person choosing Vincent's I was a bit worried, but sure I suppose there can't be much of a difference anyway! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Haha yeah it was the early mornings that kind of made the decision for me :P I think though with Vincents we could end up in Du Laoighre, but that's not that far away?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 SarahMc0

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Haha yeah it was the early mornings that kind of made the decision for me :P I think though with Vincents we could end up in Du Laoighre, but that's not that far away?

Ara yeah, it'd be grand! I'm sure there'll be a bus going that way... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 smcen10

heey just wondering has anyone had a placement in Theatre and did they have to complete a portfolio whilst on this placement. I have to complete a portfolio on something which i learned whilst on this placement. I was thinking of doing the importance of managing a persons o2 sats whilst in the recovery room . Just starting to think about it , iv only done 3 days of the placement so far but want to start getting ideas. anyone like to throw a few out there from experience.

• Advertisement
Advertisement