Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new network

Options
  • 22-08-2012 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

I recently got a new phone and thinking of changing network. I was wondering what network people believe provides more bang for their buck each month? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Is the phone unlocked?

how much calls, texts and data do you need?

Each network has different offers and perks

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AlmostCared

I recently got a new phone and thinking of changing network. I was wondering what network people believe provides more bang for their buck each month? Thanks in advance

Three are probably best as they have free calls, texts and internet for €20 a month. Their coverage can be rubbish in certain places though...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Get some free pre pay sims from the networks and test out their signal in an unlocked phone where you live work and play. When you find the best networks for signal then you can pick the best one for price. No point having a great priced network and no/intermittent signal to use.

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Get some free pre pay sims from the networks and test out their signal in an unlocked phone where you live work and play.

The sims aren't free though! They make you top them up with about €10 before they'll give it to you.

Not true. Only vodafone charge 10 euro for a sim which comes with 10 euro. The rest will give them away free. Just tell them you're thinking of moving networks and you want to be sure of the signal.

• Advertisement

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Not true. Only vodafone charge 10 euro for a sim which comes with 10 euro. The rest will give them away free. Just tell them you're thinking of moving networks and you want to be sure of the signal.

Oh well meteor charged my son a tenner! But yes, I agree with Cookie 1977, get some sims and try it out!

Oh well meteor charged my son a tenner! But yes, I agree with Cookie 1977, get some sims and try it out!

The fe*kers. That's just the sales people trying to make a sale. I've loads of sims from the networks and the only one that's ever charged was vodafone.

Advertisement