Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacting Meteor

Options
  • 22-08-2012 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

I'm interested in becoming a Meteor customer however I'm having a dreadful time trying to contact them.

I dial 1905 and step through to option 3 where I am interested in becoming a Meteor customer. I am told that for this I need to call 1800 638 367

I dial that number and I am told that this number if no longer in service.

Any other option on 1905 seems to require a current Meteor mobile number...

I tried to contact one of the Meteor retail outlears near to me and it rings and rings and rings and then evevtually informs me that the mailbox for that extension is full and cannot accept any more voice mail. Calling back didn't do the trick either.....

Should I use smoke signals?

Or perhaps you folks can help with my enquiry.

I want to sign up to the Meteor "400 deal" as I'll call it. Where it is 400 minutes and 400 SMS messages a month. I want this deal with the 2GB data for the 18 month contact with the Samsung Galaxy SII.

From what I have seen and been told this requires :
    • €300.00 - Deposit
    • €79.99 - Cost of the hand set
    • €40.66 - First months bill

That's a total of €420.65 in one month ... Is it just me or is this a little excessive ? Is the information I have correct, at least about the deposit. Meteor would get my passport information, my home address, my bank account details and an array of other information but still wants an additional €300 from me.

I contacted Vodafone, my current operator, and I could have a contract with them with no deposit and a free Samsung Galaxy SII by tomorrow.... but their contact is only slightly less desirable. However, all in all it would only cost me about €50. That's a huge difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

I'm interested in becoming a Meteor customer however I'm having a dreadful time trying to contact them.

I dial 1905 and step through to option 3 where I am interested in becoming a Meteor customer. I am told that for this I need to call 1800 638 367

I tried to contact one of the Meteor retail outlears near to me and it rings and rings and rings and then evevtually informs me that the mailbox for that extension is full and cannot accept any more voice mail. Calling back didn't do the trick either.....

I want to sign up to the Meteor "400 deal" as I'll call it. Where it is 400 minutes and 400 SMS messages a month. I want this deal with the 2GB data for the 18 month contact with the Samsung Galaxy SII.

• €300.00 - Deposit

That's a total of €420.65 in one month ... Is it just me or is this a little excessive ? Is the information I have correct, at least about the deposit. Meteor would get my passport information, my home address, my bank account details and an array of other information but still wants an additional €300 from me.

I contacted Vodafone, my current operator, and I could have a contract with them with no deposit and a free Samsung Galaxy SII by tomorrow.... but their contact is only slightly less desirable. However, all in all it would only cost me about €50. That's a huge difference.

thats it right there because your with them already voda know you pay your bills, meteor dont, the deposits with meteor have always been insane

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭schrodinger

It's the same with eMobile and I must presume other operators then have a similar deposit scheme. It just seems crazy, I really want to change to a contract and upgrade my mobile from my aging Nokia E51 to something Android and then avail of the data allowance that comes with a contract but it seems like I have to fork out two molars and my first born to sign up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

i know it sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I find their twitter feed very helpful:

@Meteor_Mobile

They'll be back on from about 9am tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

• €300.00 - Deposit

Hi schrodinger,

Meteor are currently not on Boards.ie but you can contact them on there twitter page www.twitter.com/meteor_mobile or you can contact them on there facebook page link here or on the Meteor Forum. Link here

Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭schrodinger

Hi schrodinger,

Meteor are currently not on Boards.ie but you can contact them on there twitter page www.twitter.com/meteor_mobile or you can contact them on there facebook page link here or on the Meteor Forum. Link here

Tony

Hi Tony,

Apologies, I didn't see the reply. Thanks for the information. First off I don't use Facebook or Twitter and I tried to register for the Meteor forum and it asked me for my Meteor mobile number which I don't have ... :(

Advertisement