Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest 14 - Mardyke Bar, Sheares Street, Cork - 1 / 9 / 2012

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

Valormeer wrote: »
    Nice yeah I do like the Ps3 Pad more but I'll bring down a Ps2 Pad for AE then. Hopefully get some Mahval games in if Niv shows up. I'll bring along my Vita as well :P I do have Umvc3 on that

sorted, be good to see how well the ps vita handle on ad-hoc mode with another vita. i am sure we have a ps2 pad somewhere but it would be better to bring your own, as you will feel more comfortable with it.

ill see you this Saturday mate and good luck

hay guys, is there a chance anyone could host for casuals before tempest this week? if you can that is. think we all need a good warm up before the weekend :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I'm afraid my place is a no go for casuals at the moment but I'll come long with the monitor if there is somewhere available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Hey guys,

Due to a funeral taking place tomorrow afternoon, I will not be able to make this Tempest. I am working out right now how to get the equipment I have up to Cork so that you are not stuck.

To everyone else who is going, have a good day and I will be back for the next one.

Hey Misty sorry to hear that, catch you next time.

Is 12 the earliest we can get into the venue, if I'm a little earlier am I going to be stuck outside with the stuff? Want to avoid getting caught in the rain with the monitors as much as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

mackg wrote: »
    Hey Misty sorry to hear that, catch you next time.

Is 12 the earliest we can get into the venue, if I'm a little earlier am I going to be stuck outside with the stuff? Want to avoid getting caught in the rain with the monitors as much as possible.

Just looking at the pic posted you could always duck into the bar next door...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Yeah too bad you can't come misty.

@Mack : I'm getting in from Clare at 11:30, so if you are around then we could go and get some breakfast or coffee or something while we wait for the mardyke to open.

Just looking at the pic posted you could always duck into the bar next door...

Duh! Common sense fail on my part :o
    raah! wrote: »
    Yeah too bad you can't come misty.

@Mack : I'm getting in from Clare at 11:30, so if you are around then we could go and get some breakfast or coffee or something while we wait for the mardyke to open.

Sounds like a plan, do you still have the same phone number?

Just remembered I need to find the remote for the other monitor!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Valormeer

Looking forward to tomorrow. Need to rock out my Dan, Also hopefully some Mahval Casual's

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

Looking forward to tomorrow. Need to rock out my Dan, Also hopefully some Mahval Casual's

Your bringing a ps2 pad?

If so I can bring my spare ps2 converter.:)

• Advertisement

Please bring the converter bro :) I'll bring my Ps2 Pad I don't have a Xbox pad or like it

Cheer's bro!

Please bring the converter bro :) I'll bring my Ps2 Pad I don't have a Xbox pad or like it

Cheer's bro!

Anyone have an extra wired 360 pad as you need it to convert the ps2 pad.

I know stupid right :pac:

VizardAnto wrote: »
    Anyone have an extra wired 360 pad as you need it to convert the ps2 pad.

I know stupid right :pac:

Someone must have one :pac: I'll prob be out right away in SFIV anyways, I play dan and suck at SFIV

:pac: Potmonster :pac:

Someone must have one :pac: I'll prob be out right away in SFIV anyways, I play dan and suck at SFIV

:pac: Potmonster :pac:

Shoutouts to fellow pot monster :pac:

VizardAnto wrote: »
    Shoutouts to fellow pot monster :pac:

More of a Mahval Monster tbh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

See y'all tomorrow guys! Btw nice one for the shout on phone matt, I wouldn't normally bring my ID so good call :D

Great Tempest! Venue is great, mountain of free food and drink also great- the goujons especially were savage. Plenty room for more set ups if required.

With the other regulars back and maybe a new face or two once the colleges return for the next one we could have a quite a healthy crowd.

Just to say thanks and great job for Matt on organising it.

^^ Dem goujons :eek:

Cheers for sorting all this out shokashi. Awesome venue, loadsa food and drinks too!

GG's to everyone I played. :)

Was good stuff bro's Hopefully we can have a side tourny for Mahval Next time o/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Results lads?

any vids?

• Advertisement

Shokashi has the results sheet and the camera but off the top of my head

1. Silver Steez
    2. Shokashi
    3. Mack
    4. WasterEX
    5. VizardAnto
    5. Drago
    7. Oni Ken
    7. Drizzler

Subject to correction.

Sorry I am taking long with the videos. Will be up tomorrow latest if not.tonight. and the resualts are correct from what Mack remembers and to to list in front of me.

thanks everyone who participated .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Goujons?

Man I'm gonna have to make another trip down to Cork soon!

Goujons?

Man I'm gonna have to make another trip down to Cork soon!

And 4 kinds of dip!

Garry, you making a thread for the thing going on in Dublin in Oct for the cork peoples?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I'll be going then anyway! Misty was talking about renting out the venue just for some casuals sometime soon. We should definitely do that.

Sorry I missed this Tempest, I was in shannon airport for like 4 hours trying to get a bus, then I just gave up and stayed in Clare.

WasterEx wrote: »
    Garry, you making a thread for the thing going on in Dublin in Oct for the cork peoples?

Ooops, done now. Living the life of an international playboy these types of thing can get forgotten...you know how it is...

Casuals would be great, I can bring along my Ps3 this time. Get some Mahval on the go!

ill try and get a post on on the poll on who will be coming to casuals in not this saturday but the following,

lets just say its a community casuals fund, the place is 60 euro to rent and ill have to place a deposit on it if we can get at least a min of 6 people to show up with a 10 euro in casuals for the day.
    so that means if we get more people to show up the extra money made goes right into the community funds for equipment.

if you guys are up for it.

• Advertisement

Shokashi wrote: »
    ill try and get a post on on the poll on who will be coming to casuals in not this saturday but the following,

lets just say its a community casuals fund, the place is 60 euro to rent and ill have to place a deposit on it if we can get at least a min of 6 people to show up with a 10 euro in casuals for the day.
    so that means if we get more people to show up the extra money made goes right into the community funds for equipment.

if you guys are up for it.

I'm good for the weekend after this one, Every 2 weeks I'm out of cork. So this should work well :) :cool: Sign me up

Advertisement